Donna Summer removed from Prima?

Find it difficult to defend ... in not giving any kind of explanation on a last minute cancellation of a show (which, of course, isn't everyone's cup of favorite tea, latte, Starbucks, and/or drink of the day special ... but to others, it's part of the "promised" onboard live entertainment - game shows, to me, is different - feel free to disagree, not going to "debate" this, period) i.e. if the performer isn't feeling well, seas are rough, technical issues with the set/stage, etc. - or, to save money.  

Lingchi is going catch up ... maybe not, hopefully not and it is not the directions that one wish to see.  You cannot market and sell your products or services by making more cuts, the message should be that of managing the costs.  

To not even attempt to come up with an excuse is just like, sticking the finger in the air.  

• Like 4

Every time this thread title pops up I think Donna Summer (RIP) returned from the dead and got into an altercation on the ship and was thrown off. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yes but is it just back the booking system or is it actually running on board this week. Can anyone on board please confirm?

one if the main reasons I would be booking would be the Donna summers show & disco night…

37 minutes ago, marktwothousand said:

Yes but is it just back the booking system or is it actually running on board this week. Can anyone on board please confirm?

one if the main reasons I would be booking would be the Donna summers show & disco night…

Not good reason to book a specific cruise as things can change at any time, for a multitude of reasons. 

7 hours ago, davencl said:

And just like that Donna is back from the dead....  Showing up now for our April 5 sailing.

If she sang gospel instead of disco, she could sing Amazing Grace---"I once was lost, but now am found."

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, marktwothousand said:

Any updates on this anyone?

The current live Prima sailing thread has confirmed the show is up this week. 

That being said, shows get cancelled all the time.  Don’t make that the prime reason to select a sailing/boat. 

7 minutes ago, LongIsland-Cruiser said:

The current live Prima sailing thread has confirmed the show is up this week. 

That being said, shows get cancelled all the time.  Don’t make that the prime reason to select a sailing/boat. 

Well, I won’t make it my PRIME reason… just my “PRIMA” reason. 

K, I’ll see myself out now 👋 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/4/2024 at 4:30 PM, Canbylancer said:

I can't say I am super excited about the show, but it is better than nothing (or game shows).  I looked at it multiple times and talked to a rep and they didn't know why it was not available to book.  Now it doesn't even show up as an option.  

They really aren’t PRE-BOOKING the headliner shows. Prima/Viva are set up to sign up for ticket embarkation day. 15 before show time they let standby in. Don’t sweat it, system works out. 

3 minutes ago, ColdCruise said:

They really aren’t PRE-BOOKING the headliner shows. Prima/Viva are set up to sign up for ticket embarkation day. 15 before show time they let standby in. Don’t sweat it, system works out. 

We were able to pre-book the Donna Summer show for our Prima cruise this past August. IIRC, I did it by phone. The early show was sold out for our first choice, actually our wedding anniversary, but I was able to pre-book the early show for another date.

the absence of pre-booking options for "summer" is temporary.

affected sailings going forward are those occurring from march 15, 2024 through june 13, 2024 (inclusive).

NCL has offered no explanation. make of that what you will.

On 3/8/2024 at 10:38 AM, davencl said:

And just like that Donna is back from the dead....  Showing up now for our April 5 sailing.

She works hard for the money so you better treat her right!

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, marktwothousand said:

I just received an email that the Donna Summer show is cancelled and will be rescheduled on my upcoming April 16 cruise. Did anyone else get this?

It is still showing up on our 5 April cruise.  Does it show up on your reservation under Onboard Entertainment?

Edited by agrimm01

6 minutes ago, agrimm01 said:

It is still showing up on our 5 April cruise.  Does it show up on your reservation under Onboard Entertainment?

yes. This is what I got

Summer: The Donna Summer Musical” Cancelation

Dear Valued Guest,

We have important information regarding your reservations for “Summer: The Donna Summer Musical” for your upcoming sailing aboard Norwegian Prima on April 16, 2024 

Due to a scheduling conflict, the performance date for “Summer: The Donna Summer Musical” has changed. Consequently, your reservation for “Summer: The Donna Summer Musical” on April 18, 2024, cannot be accommodated and will automatically rescheduled, once on board. No further action is required.

4 minutes ago, marktwothousand said:

yes. This is what I got

Summer: The Donna Summer Musical” Cancelation

Dear Valued Guest,

We have important information regarding your reservations for “Summer: The Donna Summer Musical” for your upcoming sailing aboard Norwegian Prima on April 16, 2024 

Due to a scheduling conflict, the performance date for “Summer: The Donna Summer Musical” has changed. Consequently, your reservation for “Summer: The Donna Summer Musical” on April 18, 2024, cannot be accommodated and will automatically rescheduled, once on board. No further action is required.

Maybe it will be available on a different day than originally scheduled for your cruise.  It doesn't look to me like it's cancelled for your entire cruise.

17 minutes ago, agrimm01 said:

Maybe it will be available on a different day than originally scheduled for your cruise.  It doesn't look to me like it's cancelled for your entire cruise.

I hear ya but it sounded a little heavy handed for a reschedule. I get a sense they’re buttering us up for something 

23 hours ago, marktwothousand said:

I hear ya but it sounded a little heavy handed for a reschedule. I get a sense they’re buttering us up for something 

Have a wonderful cruise and we trust you'll keep us posted on CC.  We had "Donna" booked but it was cancelled / rescheduled last minute and we had to re-book onboard too ... someone in the cast wasn't able to perform and understudy not available.  Options for us to see "Live" would disrupt our specialty dining time that was already not easy to secure, so we just "wing" it, joined the virtual queue on the day of ... got in with good seats and there was also a standby line.  No-shows & empty seats 10-15 minutes prior to curtains up meant that you can get in to see it.  

Will be getting on & when you disembark in NY ... safe & happy sailing, have 2 cabins of CC'er doing B2B staying onward to cross the pond.  Thanks & appreciate the update.  

On 3/27/2024 at 11:23 AM, agrimm01 said:

Yeah, it does say it will be "automatically rescheduled" once guest is onboard.  

I'm on the transatlantic and hope the show will go on.  Excellent production.  I don't know if Kimberly Locke (from American Idol) is still the lead.  Every rendition of Donna was really good.  

• Like 1

On 3/8/2024 at 3:29 PM, zqvol said:

Not good reason to book a specific cruise as things can change at any time, for a multitude of reasons. 

Very true.  BUT sometimes you are deciding between several options and the choice of entertainment will factor into which ship/line you will book.  And if you decided on a particular ship and perhaps even paid more for it as opposed to other choices you considered, you might just be a teeny bit peeved.

• Like 3