Wonder if Celebrity is planning on ever bringing Canada / NE cruises back to Bayonne instead of roundtrip Boston?

Some of our favorite cruises are the CA/ NE and especially some of the 2-week itineraries that used to be offered. That all ended the other year. Nothing anymore out of Bayonne. Have to wonder if Boston is a better market? I have no interest in either driving or flying to Boston to do the cruise.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

We wish they would resume sailing from Bayone to Canada too.

Yep..especially nice for me since there is no flying involved. 2.5 hour drive (at the most) to Bayonne.

24 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

Yep..especially nice for me since there is no flying involved. 2.5 hour drive (at the most) to Bayonne.

and only another 3 1/2 hours and you can be in Boston, really not a bad drive.

1 hour ago, Liao said:

and only another 3 1/2 hours and you can be in Boston, really not a bad drive.

Or take the train. Much more comfortable.

I'm glad they're doing Boston. I have no desire to ever go to either New York or New Jersey.

• Like 2

Yes, Celebirty, please bring the RT 14 day Canada/NE cruises back!   Don't want the hassle getting to Boston, plus a pre-cruise hotel stay just to get on the ship.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, mahasamatman said:

I have no desire to ever go to either New York or New Jersey.

Conversely, my exact feelings regarding traveling to Boston! No interest. It's sort of a less critical issue for you anyway being in BC. 

Curious...where did you go on this one: "Caribbean Princess - Atlantic Canada/New England b2b - Sep 2023" ?

Edited by OnTheJourney

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, ecslady said:

Yes, Celebirty, please bring the RT 14 day Canada/NE cruises back!   Don't want the hassle getting to Boston, plus a pre-cruise hotel stay just to get on the ship.

Amen!!!!  Hope someone at X reads this thread. No reason they can't do both - continue to offer (roundtrip) itineraries out of both ports OR possibly even one-way between Boston and Bayonne - that would provide a convenient opportunity of doing B2B for people who are closer to either.

Edited by OnTheJourney

1 hour ago, OnTheJourney said:

Amen!!!!  Hope someone at X reads this thread. No reason they can't do both - continue to offer (roundtrip) itineraries out of both ports OR possibly even one-way between Boston and Bayonne - that would provide a convenient opportunity of doing B2B for people who are closer to either.

We believe that "one-way between Boston and Bayonne" would be a violation of the PVSA, which says you cannot begin a cruise in one US port and terminate in another US port without docking at a distant foreign port.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

We always have to fly no matter the embarkation port. Pre-cruise hotel always required. No biggie. We've only done two NE/Canada cruises. 14 night out of Bayonne (2019) and 12 night out of Boston(2022). We liked leaving from both ports but preferred leaving out of Bayonne only because it was a 14 night cruise. 

Edited by doghog

Actually living in Ma we have never sailed out of Boston, mostly due to Itineraries. I will say I have zero interest in NY/NJ( visiting or sailing from) Been through a few bad experiences .I do have a repo sailing this October out of Boston....looking forward to only one plane ride home!

Cheers

13 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I sailed out of Boston once and embarcation was an absolute nightmare.  No interest in sailing from there again.  

Could you please elaborate on why it was a nightmare out of Boston.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

Curious...where did you go on this one: "Caribbean Princess - Atlantic Canada/New England b2b - Sep 2023" ?

Québec - Saguenay - (Charlottetown) - Sydney - (Halifax - Bar Harbour) - Boston - Brooklyn - Newport - Boston - Portland - Saint John - Halifax - Sydney - Charlottetown - Québec

The parenthesized ports are ones we had to skip because of Hurricane Juan. We basically ran to shelter in Boston Harbour for three days to wait it out.

We live in the Boston area, but have never embarked from Boston, just disembarked twice and the best thing about that was getting an Uber home.

So, I am happy to see more cruises out of Boston,  but understand why people want more cruises from New Jersey.

I am getting the feeling Celebrity has made the decision to shorten cruises to 12 days or less, with an occasional 14 day here and there.

That could be one reason why there aren’t many long cruises out of Bayonne. A good, comprehensive Canada cruise from Bayonne needs 14 days, imo.

We like longer cruises, especially if we have to travel long distances to take them, though I will say the opportunity to see places like Iceland and Japan on a 12 day cruise was no hardship. 

It’s a shame because the cruise season is fairly short for the Northeast, and the opportunity to not travel long distances for a cruise is such a nice change. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

It's even better when you arrive at your home port. We love cruises that end in Vancouver.

I agree!

Beautiful city

And that gives me a long flight home

Cheers

Looks like Royal C has an interesting RT  itin on LIBERTY OF THE SEAS.  from Bayonne..includes Boston, New Eng and Canada..  Not Celebrity but visits nice ports! Looks like family friendly ship.

• Like 1

Nothing is better than being within an hour of two major cruise ports (South Florida)!  The ports all start to look alike, but there is no flying or pre/post stay hotel issues!

• Like 2

In recent years X eliminated several long time 14 day itineraries including Canada from Bayonne and our favorite, the Southern Caribbean from Miami.  The longer itineraries were relaxing and always showed firm pricing. 

• Thanks 1

We sailed the Canada/NE route on the Summit out of Bayonne in 2019, up to Quebec City and back. It was a terrific cruise. I agree with those who wish Celebrity would resume those cruises out of Bayonne, rather than use Boston as the starting point. 

We are going to sail Canada/NE on the Eclipse out of Boston this fall, but it’s definitely less desirable. The cruise is shorter, for one thing, and doesn’t have that nice first sea day after embarkation that you get out of Bayonne. And of course you don’t have the beautiful sail away out of NY Harbor. 

• Like 3

We had Celebrity's Canada/NE cruise out of Boston booked for last summer but I switched it to Bermuda out of Bayonne.  Partly because I wanted a warmer weather cruise and partly because Bayonne is closer.  Then we did a last minute Princess Canada/NE cruise out of Brooklyn so it worked out well.  We're doing that one again this year.

I love Boston.  I went to school there and it's always nice to go back.  But there's times when I like convenience better so I'm glad there are choices. 

1 hour ago, CruisinShips said:

Nothing is better than being within an hour of two major cruise ports (South Florida)!  The ports all start to look alike, but there is no flying or pre/post stay hotel issues!

We cruise from Port Ev but travel  from the  West Coast of Fl,  so we always go  over one day ahead. 

Prices for  pre- cruise hotels is escalating..esp in Prime Season but saves same day travel stress.

We usually find something interesting to do even in repeat ports & try not to repeat ships if possible.