stockperks...no response?

Since I own 100 shares of CCL stock, I want to apply for the stockholder OBC benefits...which requires me to submit proof/documentation of ownership to a company called stockperks. I sent them a copy of my last statement showing ownership which was acknowledged and they would respond within 2 days with approval and instructions for the next step (?)..  Two full days have passed and I've received nothing. I don't think I can apply for the benefit without their approval.

What has your experience been....when should I expect a response/approval/disapproval or whatever?

We received ours in about 2 days but others have mentioned not getting that email, but going in and seeing it was approved. 

Worth just checking if it was approved so you can then do the next step to request to apply it to your cruise(s).

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, ghstudio said:

Since I own 100 shares of CCL stock, I want to apply for the stockholder OBC benefits...which requires me to submit proof/documentation of ownership to a company called stockperks. I sent them a copy of my last statement showing ownership which was acknowledged and they would respond within 2 days with approval and instructions for the next step (?)..  Two full days have passed and I've received nothing. I don't think I can apply for the benefit without their approval.

What has your experience been....when should I expect a response/approval/disapproval or whatever?

took them three full working days to process mine (even allowing for the time difference!) This was during last week.

I received an email advising that it had been processed and I was able to go to the app and apply for OBC

Edited by VMax1700
  • Like 2

I kept checking the website, saw that I had been approved and submitted my request for the OBC.   I got the email that the OBC had been applied THEN got the approval email from Stockperks.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, lcand1923 said:

I kept checking the website, saw that I had been approved and submitted my request for the OBC.   I got the email that the OBC had been applied THEN got the approval email from Stockperks.

nothing there....maybe it's because I sent them manual copy of my statement with everything else blacked out.  (no way I'm giving them access to a brokerage account...or the info in it.).

Edited by ghstudio

I had my OBCs applied by the World Cruise Department for my next cruises in April & May. The staff member said that in the future, I should use "Stockperks".

My experience has been that the World Cruise Department processed the requests lightning fast, usually within 24 hours of submitting it.

1 hour ago, ghstudio said:

nothing there....maybe it's because I sent them manual copy of my statement with everything else blacked out.  (no way I'm giving them access to a brokerage account...or the info in it.).

Three full days to process my manual submission.  Still waiting for approval by HAL.

Since my request was for two Rotterdam cruises in November, not a big rush. 

5 hours ago, ghstudio said:

Same here, if I go to my Stockperks profile and select Portfolio it tells me that my statement is being processed so I know it hasn’t been approved yet, even though the email said two days. Since CCL just extended the benefit to the end of the year, I am assuming many others applied as I did when I heard the news, so they may be experiencing higher volume than usual. A total guess on my part. I will wait a bit longer and reach out if I need to. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ghstudio said:

I downloaded the app to my Android phone, printed the page with my stock information, blacked out the account number and any other personal items (left my name of course!). I took a picture of the printed stock page with my phone, went into the app, and followed instructions to upload the picture. I received notice the following day that my application was received and I could now go into the app and actually apply for the OBC. When I did that, I received an email from Stockperks stating they they would forward the request to HAL. I'm 3.5 weeks out from my cruise and was told they would "do their best to get this done" as I was less than 4 weeks out. My next email from Stockperks stated my OBC was now ready to use.*

All of this took about five working days and I never allowed access to my stock account or gave them more information other than my full name, booking number, date of cruise, and email address.

Good luck with this. I found it confusing and frustrating trying to figure out how to do this, but it worked out well in the end.

*I've not been able to see any OBC (AARP, military, and now stockholder) on my on-line account. I'm having to have HAL send me an updated booking confirmation to see these. This is my first cruise with HAL and I'm finding the whole process to be clunky compared to Princess.

Posted (edited)

I sent in a manual scan of my statement with everything black-out with a sharpie last Tuesday.  I received a couple of emails confirming both their reception and their submission to Princess (still owned by CCL).  Wednesday evening, I received a confirming email that the shareholder OBC had been accepted.  It was visible on my cruise personalizer.  Cheers

Edited by Bemidji Ty

7 hours ago, Crew News said:

Three full days to process my manual submission.  Still waiting for approval by HAL.

Since my request was for two Rotterdam cruises in November, not a big rush. 

Approved less than 24 hours after submission by StockPerks to Carnival.

I sent our Manual Brokerage Statement on Saturday March 3rd, which was immediately confirmed by Stockperks,

They validated proof of share ownership on Friday March 8th,

I redeemed Saturday 9th, which was confirmed immediately.

19 hours later "Successfull OBC application to itinerary" message received from Stockperks (and visible in HAL Navigator App.).

Quite good as HAL changed the method March 1st if I understood well.

• Like 1

I use the proxy voter card.

It worked twice before when requested via email.

Yesterday, I saw that I could now request for Nov cruise

Used stockperk app

Uploaded a pic of the proxy card

Got the mail ( btw, it says 2 business days) so am not expecting anything before Wednesday.

Agree, the value would be higher as cruisers like me that are booked Aug to dec are now submitting requests

The rush, I prefer to get it done and remove from my ' to do' list

• Like 1

@Tampa Girl I applied for August 3rd, so exactly 5 months ahead.....Surprises me, but, as I have no plan to sell as long as we are able to cruise, I appreciate this very much, for the same reason as @CGinMTL mentions: removal from "to do" list. 

On 3/9/2024 at 12:42 PM, Takes Notes said:

I had my OBCs applied by the World Cruise Department for my next cruises in April & May. The staff member said that in the future, I should use "Stockperks".

My experience has been that the World Cruise Department processed the requests lightning fast, usually within 24 hours of submitting it.

They are no longer handling Carnival stock OBC. All the Carnival brands are using StockPerks. You do need to provide enough info for them to know that you aren't sending in a fake brokerage statement. Don't redact everything or they can't process your OBC. I leave my name, address and only the CCL holdings showing.

My broker - Vanguard in this case - does so much multi factor authentication that I'm not worried. Heck, sometimes I think they barely trust me.

• Like 2

On 3/9/2024 at 1:29 PM, bajae said:

Same here, if I go to my Stockperks profile and select Portfolio it tells me that my statement is being processed so I know it hasn’t been approved yet, even though the email said two days. Since CCL just extended the benefit to the end of the year, I am assuming many others applied as I did when I heard the news, so they may be experiencing higher volume than usual. A total guess on my part. I will wait a bit longer and reach out if I need to. 

Update, Stockperks finally approved my eligibility at 5:30 pm (MST) yesterday. 

Five full days after I submitted my brokerage statement. I didn’t expect them to be working on weekends, but they must be. 

9 hours ago, bajae said:

Update, Stockperks finally approved my eligibility at 5:30 pm (MST) yesterday. 

Five full days after I submitted my brokerage statement. I didn’t expect them to be working on weekends, but they must be. 

They must have run a shift on Sunday....mine was approved at 3:50PM. Now just waiting for HAL to apply the benefits to 2 cruises.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Submitted over the weekend, just rejected

I had used the proxy card

Reason, does not show no of shares 

I guess they don't realize you only get a proxy card if you have 100 shares 

Edited by CGinMTL

56 minutes ago, CGinMTL said:

Reason, does not show no of shares 

Actually, it does show the number of shares---at least mine did. The number of shares is clearly identified as such, although in small print. It may have confused someone if it wasn't a whole number, as many of us received our dividends as fractional shares instead of cash. 
Or, maybe whoever looked at your proxy statement didn't read the fine print. 

I submitted my proof of shares Friday around lunchtime.  I got an immediate acknowledgment and to expect a reply that results would be given in two business days.  I received the approval last night around 7:30 pm.  I immediately applied for my next three cruises.  Now I have to wait five days for HAL to approve and apply the OBC.  Definitely not quicker than the old system.

• Like 1

@RuthC thank you. Found it at bottom of page 2.

I had only sent page 1 

I will highlight the number and try again

Will keep everyone posted

( Learning curve for all of us ) 

On 3/13/2024 at 7:59 PM, CGinMTL said:

@RuthC thank you. Found it at bottom of page 2.

I had only sent page 1 

I will highlight the number and try again

Will keep everyone posted

( Learning curve for all of us ) 

Success.

Stockperk approved today

I have now sent my request to carnival.

Great teamwork everybody.

Thank you

I sent in my blacked out copy from last month’s Fidelity account showing ownership of CCL last Monday. I received notice that I would hear back within 2 days. On Thursday I had not heard back so sent an email questioning response time. On Friday I received notice stock was approved and then on Sunday perks were applied to both our upcoming May and Dec cruises.