First time on Celebrity.. Anything I need to know.

9 minutes ago, dawcruiser said:

Been cruising since 1988 been on all the major lines.  What is it like n Celebrity?

You need to be more specific.  What ship?  What itinerary?   Hundreds of reviews  on cruises the cover every ship.

• Like 1

They have toilet paper in the bathrooms now.

Can you be more specific?  Maybe tell us what ships you cruised on?  And what you liked?  Why you are thinking about Celebrity?

12 hours ago, dawcruiser said:

Been cruising since 1988 been on all the major lines.  What is it like n Celebrity?

It is a very nice premium line, great service, usually very good food, lot of cabin/suite options for all styles and budgets,  Some brand new ships and some older ships, a bit of something for most tastes.

A couple things we really enjoy - you can drop off your carry on luggage in your cabin on boarding (we travel carry on only so get to deposit our bags and lock up valuables) freeing us up to explore the ship.  The solarium pool area is my favorite place to read, knit, and relax.  So far our favorite cruise line but we are trying a couple more this year.  Enjoy

I am also looking at Celebrity Rotterdam to Norway for the first time. Do they have formal nights and how formal are they. We have been on many cruises with Carnival and NCL, but mostly Caribbean. 

The ships are different E vs S vs M.  E has a more crowded feel,  S less crowded, and M tranquil.

E class is bigger,  S class a bit smaller,  and M class the smallest.  Suite cruisers tend to prefer E.

4 hours ago, Liao said:

It is a very nice premium line, great service, usually very good food, lot of cabin/suite options for all styles and budgets,  Some brand new ships and some older ships, a bit of something for most tastes.

Premium?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, dawcruiser said:

Match your RCL status to Celebrity, often referred to as "X".  With Elite status, if you don't already get free drinks, you get free drinks from a happy hour menu at most bars every night but the first.  There may be additional gatherings for Elite.  You also should get a free bag of laundry

The one thing you should know X is the main show and the dining times, for most sailings, the main show is at 7 and repeated at 9 (if in Europe, 730 and 930) and between the main show showings, a passenger participation game show.  This is usually all there is for evening entertainment options, there isn't a dedicated comedy lounge, karaoke bar or piano bar.  So pick your dining time accordingly

On 3/9/2024 at 10:02 PM, dawcruiser said:

Older ships--comparable to Princess.

Newer Eclass? (Apex, Edge, Beyond, Ascent), a step above.

Been cruising 20 years; started on Princess--clearly it started an obsession.

Tried Celebrity 10 yrs ago & felt food & service were a LITTLE better than other lines.

(truly, a little)

But once we sailed Eclass--well, they are my fav ships to sail!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2024 at 3:54 PM, helen haywood said:

No “formal” nights anymore.  They were replaced by “Evening Chic.”  Basically you may wear anything to dinner except men cannot wear shorts or sleeveless t-shirts.

Helen, how about the last night on board and my pants are already packed and my suitcase is in the hallway. Then are they "forgiving" to go to the main dining room, and the same with going to the last show in the theatre?

Why pack them? Follow the dress code and wear them to the dining room. 

then you can go put them in the suitcase, change into shorts, put the suitcase in the hall in plenty of time, and go to the show.

or go to the buffet

This is an area where people’s opinions vary.  Celebrity will allow shorts in the MDR on the first and last nights of a cruise because it is possible that your luggage did not arrive in time for your early dining time on the first night…and your dinner plans for the last night are late and you have already packed.  Some people take that to mean all men are allowed to wear shorts on those two nights.  IMHO it is really only designed to help people who do not have access to long pants those two evenings.  So my husband wears long pants to dinner on the last night and then we go back to our cabin where our suitcases are already 99% packed and he changes into the shorts he’ll wear for the trip home.  And then we go back out to a show or to listen to music.

As I was asked specifically by DJLDRUMS, I’ve answered.  But rest assured I do not feel it’s my responsibility to be the short police.  😁

25 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

This is an area where people’s opinions vary.  Celebrity will allow shorts in the MDR on the first and last nights of a cruise because it is possible that your luggage did not arrive in time for your early dining time on the first night…and your dinner plans for the last night are late and you have already packed.  Some people take that to mean all men are allowed to wear shorts on those two nights.  IMHO it is really only designed to help people who do not have access to long pants those two evenings.  So my husband wears long pants to dinner on the last night and then we go back to our cabin where our suitcases are already 99% packed and he changes into the shorts he’ll wear for the trip home.  And then we go back out to a show or to listen to music.

As I was asked specifically by DJLDRUMS, I’ve answered.  But rest assured I do not feel it’s my responsibility to be the short police.  😁

I agree about the first night, but disagree about the last night.  I appreciate the effort your husband goes through to follow the dress code.