CCL stock benefit

Yes, but you have to request it for each cruise and it is contingent upon Carnival continuing the benefit which they have done year after year, but as with everything else things can change.

Posted (edited)

Best stock 'dividend' out there! Bought at 6.50 in 10/2022, have received 1100 so far, getting 250 in 11 days, and another 250 this fall. All tax free!! Of course, the incentive to continue with CC lines has worked for them but it also works for me 🤑

Someone said they shortened the timelines for applying for it. Used to be whenever but now it's must cruise within 3 months???

Edited by Ombud

21 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Best stock 'dividend' out there! Bought at 6.50 in 10/2022, have received 1100 so far, getting 250 in 11 days, and another 250 this fall. All tax free!! Of course, the incentive to continue with CC lines has worked for them but it also works for me 🤑

Someone said they shortened the timelines for applying for it. Used to be whenever but now it's must cruise within 3 months???

Best stock 'dividend'??? The stock does not currently pay a dividend.  It previously (several years ago) paid $ .25 per share.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, cruiserdf said:
33 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Best stock 'dividend'??? The stock does not currently pay a dividend.  It previously (several years ago) paid $ .25 per share.

That's why dividend was in quotes 😅🤣😂

I got $1100 obc for owning shares that I bought for 650 with at least another 500 this year. 

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, cruiserdf said:

I believe by "dividend" the poster you are quoting is referring to the OBC as a added perk "dividend. And unlike a real dividend, it is not taxable.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

Right now you can ask for it as long as your cruise is by December 31, 2024.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Ombud said:

That's why dividend was in quotes 😅🤣😂

I got $1100 obc for owning shares that I bought for 650 with at least another 500 this year. 

Plus it is tax free.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Need to use Stock Perks app.  Easy.  A photo of the trade slip or statement with other holdings blocked out uploaded works fine. Was verified in 2 days.

easy sure but now we are forced to give our data to another app who can then sell that data to another 3rd party, really dislike having to use another app if we are all forced to do so.

• Like 1

You can email the form and a photo of your statement directly to princess without an app.

This is the e-mail address:

sbpcl@princesscruises.com

And this is the web address for the PDF form:

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/contact-us/shareholder-request-form.pdf

I have had this benefit for years and it has more than paid for the stock purchase even at a pre pandemic buy in. It's still reasonable especially if you cruise longer cruises often. Hope this helps.

Just now, RMorningglory said:

You can email the form and a photo of your statement directly to princess without an app.

This is the e-mail address:

sbpcl@princesscruises.com

yea thats what I did and I got the following generic response back

Thank you for contacting Princess Cruises!

Carnival Corporation has engaged Stockperks to implement a more automated and streamlined process for the processing of shareholder benefits. 

During the ongoing transition phase, shareholders may be redirected to Stockperks to engage with our updated redemption process. 

The Stockperks service is governed by Stockperks’ Privacy Policy, Terms of Service, and may be subject to other Stockperks policies and terms.  For information regarding Stockperks’ use and processing of your information, technical support, account setup, and all other questions regarding the use of Stockperks, please contact Stockperks at carnivalcorp@stockperks.com.

I also responded to them saying I dont want to use another app and others reported tehy can still email them directly, lets see what they say. My sailing isnt until May, but still sucks that they try and force you to use an app that will just sell your data to the highest bidder.

23 hours ago, dickinson said:

Right now you can ask for it as long as your cruise is by December 31, 2024.

Not exactly.  Princess says this but Stockperks won't process anything after July 31 until May.

24 minutes ago, LeeW said:

Not exactly.  Princess says this but Stockperks won't process anything after July 31 until May.

Not true.  I have a cruise in August.  A couple of days after the announcement that it has been extended I submitted to stock perks and now have the credit for my August cruise.

On 3/24/2024 at 9:39 AM, Ombud said:

Stock perks will apply way ahead.  Applied it last week to an October cruise. Don't understand the tax free comment as you are receiving a discount not actual money

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Stock perks will apply way ahead.  Applied it last week to an October cruise. Don't understand the tax free comment as you are receiving a discount not actual money

Actually I am getting 250 obc on all of my future cruises that I can use however I want (onboard or not-to-be-stated) meaning that at the very least I, a standard fare cruiser, can disembark without a bill and recently with $s. So I've gotten $1100 and getting $750 so far for a total of $1850 on an investment of $650. I consider that pretty sweet!! 

Adding: that's since October 2022. So 18 months??

Edited by Ombud

On 3/24/2024 at 11:08 AM, weregoingcruising said:

Can use use it for multiple cruises?

Yes.  It needs to be requested for each one and only those bookings that occur before the end of this year at this time.

Today I got a booking confirmation email from my cruise....OBC now totals what I expect to see with the shareholder benefit so the stockperk app was not needed. I did not expect the generic response I got as a way to tell me they gave me the credit but hey ill take it lol. 

On 3/25/2024 at 1:37 PM, Arizona Wildcat said:

Did you mail it in?  My form says statement can't be more than 3 months out?

I've also got an October cruise.