Jim_Iain - B2B Sydney - Honolulu - Vancouver

Jim_Iain

10 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I'll post a pix later but we are in 1615 and has a deck 2x that of our Royal Suite.   It is the diagonal deck with the extra space.     They have a lounger out there in addition to all the other ones.

OH!!  One of our 2 favorite CS's.  1615 and 1618.... such a wonderful balcony.😁

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Turn around days are always an early morning with announcements beginning at 6:45. 

Walk offs began at 7:00 followed by suites 7:15.  IMG_4553.thumb.jpeg.e17c3e19487f9cdfa553c7815d63a9b4.jpeg

IMG_4555.thumb.jpeg.bc4a9311aba08ac7153b00da066930fc.jpeg

IMG_4556.thumb.jpeg.1a7c47148c07fbc1e868696ad4f0facf.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 7

11 minutes ago, cruzzzinma said:

I think you will find it amazing!

We are really looking forward to it.   Not as a comparison to Celebrity but as a experience back in times to the Era of the Ocean Liners.   

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

OH!!  One of our 2 favorite CS's.  1615 and 1618.... such a wonderful balcony.😁

Iain was worn out after our 10 mile marathon walk.    It is about 2x his normal walk so is taking a nap.

I've spent my time getting my electronics set up.   It has been really easy as the TV's on non-revolutionized ships have easily accessible HDMI ports.  Took less than 5 minutes.   I still have to do the Bedroom TV once Iain gets up.

Not sure how well he will nap as they keep coming on the PA with reminders to complete the Safety Muster CheckIn.   Really not sure why as I overnight in HNL again tonight.

• Like 9

Posted (edited)

We next had to visit the Royal Hawaiian.     So many fond memories.   My best friend worked there as Head Waiter for decades.    We use to go there almost every night after work along with Marie, out matriarch who we adopted.    We also had friends who performed 'ukelele and Hula at the Mai Tai Bar every night.    Unfortunately they are all now gone.   They may be gone but will always be there in my memories. 

IMG_4592.thumb.jpeg.6fd4ce810c5bf50fdc2df3fdb5189a9e.jpeg

IMG_4596.thumb.jpeg.f92e7deaff181097530b6967fd7ac417.jpeg

IMG_4597.thumb.jpeg.f75812bc01f3cc897812b1b377025ea5.jpeg

IMG_4605.thumb.jpeg.054fce735fc99d5233038a3df68cd31f.jpeg

IMG_4607.thumb.jpeg.acb43bec4b639401b0f49cc81c5dc2c6.jpeg

IMG_4606.thumb.jpeg.32a6b91d1e90c8fa98eeffc9beb379d5.jpeg

IMG_4598.jpeg

IMG_4600.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 29
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Oville said:

I live in Florida and Spam is never part of our hurricane rations.  We all have different tastes 

My wife makes a great Spam salad and it has been known to 'help' pregnant woman give birth.

We joke about it, but three times we have had friends that were past their due date and served them the salad, and soon gave birth.

Edit to add that this discussion about Spam is rather funny as I live a couple hours north of the manufacturer.

Edited by Mike981
  • Like 10

6 minutes ago, Mike981 said:

My wife makes a great Spam salad and it has been known to 'help' pregnant woman give birth.

We joke about it, but three times we have had friends that were past their due date and served them the salad, and soon gave birth.

Edit to add that this discussion about Spam is rather funny as I live a couple hours north of the manufacturer.

Good story.  Now back to Jim and Iain’s great adventure.

I posted a couple short videos on my FB page.    One was of Singh, the bartender in Michael's Club,  making spicy drink for Andy.   It was a lot of fun.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Royal Hawaiian looks in great shape.Your photos are beautiful!.

We took the same route many yrs ago. I still have a print photo which I keep among my favorites.. (Phone photo of my print)

Good Memories!

20240426_065303.jpg

• Like 12

14 hours ago, Oville said:

Good story.  Now back to Jim and Iain’s great adventure.

Thank you.

It was my understanding the Jim likes when people converse during his trip reports.

• Like 18

9 minutes ago, Mike981 said:

Thank you.

It was my understanding the Jim likes when people converse during his trip reports.

It's what makes his blog so special!

Much more than just photos with descriptions ...Reminds me of Marilyn,  Vt cruiser..who was the EDGEE Queen!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Mike981 said:

Thank you.

Mike --  perfect understanding.    I really enjoy hearing from others on any topic.    It get's pretty boring on my side when everyone is just reading along and no one talking.   

It's more fun when someone comes up to me and says --- Hi Jim and I look at them like a deer in headlights trying to figure out who they are...   I'll admit I terrible with names until I say it a couple times.

I also like my Live Posts to be safe comfortable place.   So many users write me privately and say they never post because every time they do they get beat up or insulted.  

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

For this cruise we moved from our Beautiful Royal Suite to a Celebrity Suite. 

I always try to take pictures before we unpack so the room look bright and uncluttered... OK... just ask Iain I never put things away. 

Here's Celebrity Suite 1615 --- Famous for the Hump slanted balcony that is about 50% larger than the others.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Awoke to another beautiful day in Hawaiian Paradise.    There is something special about Hawaii that is impossible to explain.

Not sure what we are going to do for day 3 in Honolulu.     Need to Google a bit as I've been instructed to figure out what we are doing today....  Sir --- Yes Sir!

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Hate to say it but didn't eat while ashore.    We came back to Solstice for a Day 1 Lobster Roll.

I've found the lobster roll didn't live up to the hype....maybe it's not my taste?

Sweet Suite!  Looks very comfy!  Have to admit, while admiring the size of all the rooms, it was the blue of the water that made me smile the most!  I think I'm really missing some ocean views right about now!  Three more weeks 'til we're Amsterdam-bound, and then the Baltics.  Can't come soon enough!

~Bernadette

• Like 2