Ncl stock holder

11 minutes ago, Portia! said:

I've done it with a week to go (last minute booking). I received the credit on the 2nd day of the cruise. Always worth trying!

Thanks a lot for your personal experience in the matter. 

2 minutes ago, 7Contraveler said:

Another question, can both people receive on board credit if both people own 100 shares? 

no, the credit is per stateroom

• Like 2

OP, welcome back again to CC.  

Submit that request today, skip your nice Sunday brunch or what not if that $100 NR-OBC is useful & helpful, system should auto-reply & assign you a case number.  Keep a (digital/PDF) printed copy with you as the confirmation receipt to bring along.  Lately (within last 2 to 3 months) the request is processed as quickly as 24 - 36 hours, weekends & holidays excluded, and processed, posted & email notice sent - see it in MyNCL by next morning once all their internal "system" are fully updated.  If done in time, ship will have the info & a letter, card or notice will be waiting on embarkation when you get into your cabin.  If not, wait 1 or 2 days and then go to Guest Services to inquire, they will need that confirmation or case number to contact Miami HQ - happened to us last year & ours processed months ago (plus we didn't change or upgrade our cabin, etc.) - 24 hours later, acknowledge & credit posted in our onboard account. 

Good luck and enjoy your cruise.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

OP, welcome back again to CC.  

Submit that request today, skip your nice Sunday brunch or what not if that $100 NR-OBC is useful & helpful, system should auto-reply & assign you a case number.  Keep a (digital/PDF) printed copy with you as the confirmation receipt to bring along.  Lately (within last 2 to 3 months) the request is processed as quickly as 24 - 36 hours, weekends & holidays excluded, and processed, posted & email notice sent - see it in MyNCL by next morning once all their internal "system" are fully updated.  If done in time, ship will have the info & a letter, card or notice will be waiting on embarkation when you get into your cabin.  If not, wait 1 or 2 days and then go to Guest Services to inquire, they will need that confirmation or case number to contact Miami HQ - happened to us last year & ours processed months ago (plus we didn't change or upgrade our cabin, etc.) - 24 hours later, acknowledge & credit posted in our onboard account. 

Good luck and enjoy your cruise.  

Thank you very much for the detailed response and very helpful info

2 hours ago, 7Contraveler said:
2 hours ago, shof515 said:

no, the credit is per stateroom

Another question, can both people receive on board credit if both people own 100 shares? 

However, they should both be able to get it if they are not in the same cabin.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 7Contraveler said:

Good morning all, does anyone know if you submit the stock holder form a week in advance, will it be honored? I know it says to submit 15 days in advance. Thanks in advance

9 hours ago, 7Contraveler said:

Normally, when I email in a request, it is fulfilled withing 24 to 48 hours. I just submitted a request today. Hopefully I'll see a response tomorrow. So, yes, email in your request and it should be satisfied. 

No, only one $100 credit per stateroom. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, 7Contraveler said:

Good morning all, does anyone know if you submit the stock holder form a week in advance, will it be honored? I know it says to submit 15 days in advance. Thanks in advance

Worth a try

Ours was turned around in about a week.

Since the 100 shares holding is jointly--NCL split the credit between us (husband/wife) for the cabin, $125/125 as its a longer sailing instead of just putting the $250 on the cabin. Same things for us yet they were attentive to the legalities I guess.

24 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

Worth a try

Ours was turned around in about a week.

Since the 100 shares holding is jointly--NCL split the credit between us (husband/wife) for the cabin, $125/125 as its a longer sailing instead of just putting the $250 on the cabin. Same things for us yet they were attentive to the legalities I guess.

I've read that they always split the OBC, no matter if they shares are held jointly or not.  

5 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

I've read that they always split the OBC, no matter if they shares are held jointly or not.  

hmm

Not a lawyer here-- but are you suggesting they give/transfer a stockholder benefit to Non-stockholders? 

16 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

hmm

Not a lawyer here-- but are you suggesting they give/transfer a stockholder benefit to Non-stockholders? 

yes.  This is one of those weird ones with NCL.  The benefit is technically for the cabin so it's assigned to the cabin of the stockholder.  They will split the benefit between passengers one and two, though.  Not generally a problem with most as they are spouses or spouse-like, and probably have one shared account anyway.  It becomes an issue when friends are traveling together and the stockholder realizes that half their benefit has been given to the other person.  Now they have to work out a way to be "paid back"

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

hmm

I've had it happen a few times.  I'm the stockholder and do an annual cruise with a friend of mine who is not a stockholder.  In the past they would give both of us a $50 credit.  That said, in our next sailing NCL has given me the whole $100. Maybe that is a sign that they are changing their format.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, WickedRed said:

I've had it happen a few times.  I'm the stockholder and do an annual cruise with a friend of mine who is not a stockholder.  In the past they would give both of us a $50 credit.  That said, in our next sailing NCL has given me the whole $100. Maybe that is a sign that they are changing their format.

It would seem that the status of the stock relationship to the pax is the issue NOT the relationship of the pax in the cabin

So whomever holds the stock--lets say in an IRA--the whole credit goes to that pax acct.. regardless of who else is in the cabin.

Right?

In our case--we hold it jointly. 

One would think it is ripe for a class action lawsuit to transfer-split a stock holder benefit just because there are other occupants in the cabin. If the occupants use the same account credit card--that is not germain to the stockholder benefit in question.

Again--not a lawyer here-- but see this as an issue 

Edited by Fogfog

1 hour ago, WickedRed said:

I also travel often with a friend and the credit was split between us.  On a trip last fall I put a note on the request form to apply the full credit only to me.  That’s what they did.  I think the default is to split, but you can request that it be handled differently.  I don’t know if you can change it after it has already been posted.

2 hours ago, Fogfog said:

hmm

Every time for us...it is always split $50 to me (shareholder) and $50 to DW....Of course DW successfully use all $100 every time with a pedicure on embarkation day! LOL!

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, JandC_Cruising said:

Every time for us...it is always split $50 to me (shareholder) and $50 to DW....Of course DW successfully use all $100 every time with a pedicure on embarkation day! LOL!

On a recent sailing I was putting my card on the onboard acct and the concierge asked if I wanted my spouse's charges on my card.. Gave them a funny look.🤣 Meaning after more than 30 years you are asking me...

Edited by Fogfog
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

yes.  This is one of those weird ones with NCL.  The benefit is technically for the cabin so it's assigned to the cabin of the stockholder.  They will split the benefit between passengers one and two, though.  Not generally a problem with most as they are spouses or spouse-like, and probably have one shared account anyway.  It becomes an issue when friends are traveling together and the stockholder realizes that half their benefit has been given to the other person.  Now they have to work out a way to be "paid back"

And the various Carnival corporation cruise lines do the opposite, they give it only to the first person listed for the cabin even if it is owned jointly.

17 hours ago, Musicdream said:

Are they strict on holding the stock until the day of embarkation? I usually do short term/day trading so don't know if I have to keep those locked after I submitted the form.

You are asking-- "can I claim to own something when I am sailing that I don't own"...

which would be fraud.

You are submitting a Statement that you OWN something.

And, the stock is not moving nearly enough to make it a day trade thing...right?

We did buy it closer to the 52 week low so has little to no impact in terms of our global portfolio picture. Our purchase of RCC back in 2020 when everyone was running around like their hair was on fire (as well as a lot of other really good buys when people were panicking) have done far better than NCL. 

Point being, your 100 of NCL isn't going to change your financial picture. And there is no benefit to buy more than 100 with respect to OBC. 

Also, FWIW, you cannot used the stock owner obc for Daily service fees, grats certs, cruise next certs and a bunch of other stuff... NCL makes it not very attractive to own stock imho. We just got a list from the Haven concierge on what we cannot use the stockholder obc for....and it's pretty discouraging. Just fyi

3 hours ago, Fogfog said:

Also, FWIW, you cannot used the stock owner obc for Daily service fees, grats certs, cruise next certs and a bunch of other stuff... NCL makes it not very attractive to own stock imho. We just got a list from the Haven concierge on what we cannot use the stockholder obc for....and it's pretty discouraging. Just fyi

Yes, but there still are plenty of things that you can purchase with the shareholder OBC.  These include shore excursions that you book while on board, wine tastings, specialty dining beyond what is covered by any coupons you may have, laundry services, photos, and purchases from any of the shops on board the ship.