Grandeur updates since dry dock?

24 minutes ago, 2funtime said:

Any updates  on GOS since dry dock?  Some of the post prior to dry dock were not too good concerning the maintenance and repairs needed.  

What do you mean by the "reports were not too good"?  It just arrived in Tampa.

1 minute ago, BND said:

What do you mean by the "reports were not too good"?  It just arrived in Tampa.

I am referring pre dry dock post that were not good.  Hoping the dry dock fixed the needed repairs to furniture, carpet, etc.  

• Like 3

I watched her leave on the webcam today. I have people on there and I haven’t heard anything negative. I’m curious if the WiFi is better, I’ll find out next week.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, 2funtime said:

I am referring pre dry dock post that were not good.  Hoping the dry dock fixed the needed repairs to furniture, carpet, etc.  

That's one reason they were there.

8 hours ago, Sonic2012 said:

I’m curious if the WiFi is better, 

Sure hope not. As it is, get run into enough w/ people staring at their screen while cruising the halls/decks/etc. 

Sorry you're getting so much sarcasm, and not a lot of help.  I expect after the first few post-drydock cruises you'll get better answers.

I saw those negative posts, too, and cancelled for another cruise. 

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Was the dry dock for mechanical or cosmetic updates?
m

It was a technical drydock which means mechanical and maintenance issues including some cosmetic stuff.  They usually do carpeting, upholstery during technical drydocks (that's what Vision's is also). Our steward on Vision last week said they were pulling up and replacing carpet in the hallways.  What they didn't do on GR and aren't on Vision is adding anything new such as venues.  It's a great time to deep clean and replace carpet and broken items.  They had already started some things when we were on Vision the last two cruises.  There were shipyard contractors onboard working on cabling in hallways, etc.  They were onboard both cruises as we saw them during turnaround day of our b2b doing the same thing we were, walking off and back on.  

Edited by BND
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, bucfan2 said:

Sure hope not. As it is, get run into enough w/ people staring at their screen while cruising the halls/decks/etc. 

It is not, from what I heard this morning. In room WiFi was bad, that’s probably why you have people walking around staring at their screens. They’re searching for a stronger signal…

• Like 1

We set sail on GOS on 5/13.  I am reading all of the comments but taking them with a grain of salt & keeping my fingers crossed at the same time!!!🤪 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sonic2012 said:

It is not, from what I heard this morning. In room WiFi was bad, that’s probably why you have people walking around staring at their screens. They’re searching for a stronger signal…

Based on previous folks who posted about running cabling in the hallways, that might have been the start of new Internet infrastructure. With miles and miles of cables to run, and repeaters to install, that may be something that's going to be rolled out over the next few months. Especially if they're working around passengers on revenue sailings. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Gilliganluvsmaryann said:

Sarcasm seems to be the norm on cruise critic. Probably why fewer people are posting, and turning to FB for discussion. I read and post on a Las Vegas forum and ther is no negativity just friendly discussions and helpful answers to questions.

Agreed.  Less teacher's pets.

20 hours ago, BND said:

It was a technical drydock which means mechanical and maintenance issues including some cosmetic stuff.  They usually do carpeting, upholstery during technical drydocks (that's what Vision's is also). Our steward on Vision last week said they were pulling up and replacing carpet in the hallways.  What they didn't do on GR and aren't on Vision is adding anything new such as venues.  It's a great time to deep clean and replace carpet and broken items.  They had already started some things when we were on Vision the last two cruises.  There were shipyard contractors onboard working on cabling in hallways, etc.  They were onboard both cruises as we saw them during turnaround day of our b2b doing the same thing we were, walking off and back on.  

Thx - not expecting any new venues, but she does need a few cosmetic changes.  Sailing next week and anxious to be on board the first  RCCL ship we sailed back in 1997. 

M

• Like 2

On 4/25/2024 at 11:04 AM, lovesthebeach2 said:

I remember seeing a post on FB with pictures of work being done and it appeared to be lots of upgrades. So I’m thinking it looks good enough that we may book a cruise on it!

I'm looking to book a cruise on GOS too and was curious of upgrades before I booked.  

• Like 1

Hopefully some of you going out on her soon can post some comments.  I was on her August 2022 and although she showed some wear, thought she was lovely and had a great time.  I was looking to book her again.

We were on her in March of 2023. She was showing her age, but it was a wonderful cruise! We booked her again for March of 2025. Looking forward to sailing on her again! Love the size and features of the Vision class ships.

• Like 1