Celebrity removes loungers from balcony?

5 hours ago, Liao said:

Then it’s a good thing that Celebrity is not selling luxury cruises.

But they keep trying to convince people they do.  At least in their advertising and mailings.

15 hours ago, canderson said:

So tell us - what was up there? 😁

Nothing really,  Just a way for the crew to acces a movable platform on deck 8. See picture below. 

On some of the M-Class they have a canvas awning over that deck but it was not there on Millennium. 

IMG_1248.thumb.JPG.568a481308c855d2bd342d20a8f9dffe.JPG

2 minutes ago, Labraiser11 said:

Did celebrity remove the foot rest and reclining chairs from all S class ships? Or just removed the loungers?

I was on the Equinox for the 7/2 cruise in Aquaclass and we thankfully had chairs that reclined and foot stools…although there was a sign on the chair to not to lie them flat..

1 minute ago, Susanb10567 said:

I was on the Equinox for the 7/2 cruise in Aquaclass and we thankfully had chairs that reclined and foot stools…although there was a sign on the chair to not to lie them flat..

That is good to hear as we are In Aqua class on the equinox in Jan. Hoping they stay. 

On 7/21/2024 at 2:14 AM, odysee said:

But they keep trying to convince people they do.  At least in their advertising and mailings.

I think people are well aware that Celebrity is a mass market cruise line. One of the more upscale and expensive ones for sure, but still mass market.

Posted (edited)

The answer from Laura.  One of the biggest non-answer answers I've seen yet!  Has anyone requested the comfortable furniture be removed?!?!?!  Who the heck's preference was that??  This is a key issue with me if you couldn't tell.  Very, very disappointed in this non-answer.  And IMHO the options are easy - bring back footstools and loungers!  Let people ask them to be  removed if that will enhance their experience.

Thanks to all who shared their feedback on the veranda furniture. We appreciate your feedback and are always committed to enhancing the guest experience – your experience.  We made some changes to the veranda furniture based on guest needs and preferences and now understand that opinions vary widely on this topic. We are actively exploring additional options to ensure the best possible experience for all our guests.

Edited by phoenix_dream
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/22/2024 at 4:21 PM, gymbomb said:

Just home from a Magic Carpet Sky Suite on Beyond. We were happy to see our balcony had 2 lounge chairs, 2 regular chairs, and a small table.

That balcony can definitely handle that and they could have a small dining table there as well.

Edited by Liao

18 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

The answer from Laura.  One of the biggest non-answer answers I've seen yet!  Has anyone requested the comfortable furniture be removed?!?!?!  Who the heck's preference was that??  This is a key issue with me if you couldn't tell.  Very, very disappointed in this non-answer.  And IMHO the options are easy - bring back footstools and loungers!  Let people ask them to be  removed if that will enhance their experience.

Thanks to all who shared their feedback on the veranda furniture. We appreciate your feedback and are always committed to enhancing the guest experience – your experience.  We made some changes to the veranda furniture based on guest needs and preferences and now understand that opinions vary widely on this topic. We are actively exploring additional options to ensure the best possible experience for all our guests.

I think that's a bunch of BS from Laura...... "based on guests needs and preferences"  unless they are talking about little children's need those tiny chairs couldn't be anyone's preference or need....  

Yes bring back the footstools and loungers as @phoenix_dream states on all the "real" balconies.

• Like 6

Agree 100% please bring back the footstools and reclining chairs on the M and S class ships.  And replace the super uncomfortable furniture on the Edge class ships.    

I was in an Aqua Cabin on the Summit in February of this year and had recently suffered a foot injury.  I asked the cabin attendant if he could find one of the old footstools for me so I could elevate my foot.  He came back with a handicap seat that is used in a shower.  He said he spoke with management and this is all that was allowed!  I ended up using it because I was in pain.  But it was so ugly out on the balcony.  I surely didn't feel like I was sailing on a premium brand cruise line.  

And the worst rub in all of this rant is that we were parked next to the Icon of the Seas while in Nassau and the Icon had footstools on their balconies.  

So the story line of its for insurance or safety purposes is BS.  There cetainly are more children on RCCL ships that could be injured or climb on footstools, etc.  I'm sure you get the picture!  

Lastly, I am sailing in a Sky Suite on the Beyond next month.  Let's see what happens when I order a lounger for my balcony.  I'll be sure to report back.  

14 minutes ago, celebrity cruiser said:

Just wanted to post a picture of the deck furniture for relaxing on during my last weeks Eclipse cruise. The chairbacks reclined.

We were in an S2 category.

P1070107.JPG

Best guess as to what the original chair/lounger removal business brouhaha was about ---

Giving the chair back a bit of a shove, or even leaving ones weight on it if leaning back when reclining, puts the top of the back of the chair right into the glass slider.  One or more such incidents would put the 'loss management' folks into a total panic.  Then again, they're easily panicked.

Seems to have some merit based upon the *general* manner in which location of the removals, such as they've been to date, were determined.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Cruising Princess said:

Agree 100% please bring back the footstools and reclining chairs on the M and S class ships.  And replace the super uncomfortable furniture on the Edge class ships.    

I was in an Aqua Cabin on the Summit in February of this year and had recently suffered a foot injury.  I asked the cabin attendant if he could find one of the old footstools for me so I could elevate my foot.  He came back with a handicap seat that is used in a shower.  He said he spoke with management and this is all that was allowed!  I ended up using it because I was in pain.  But it was so ugly out on the balcony.  I surely didn't feel like I was sailing on a premium brand cruise line.  

And the worst rub in all of this rant is that we were parked next to the Icon of the Seas while in Nassau and the Icon had footstools on their balconies.  

So the story line of its for insurance or safety purposes is BS.  There cetainly are more children on RCCL ships that could be injured or climb on footstools, etc.  I'm sure you get the picture!  

Lastly, I am sailing in a Sky Suite on the Beyond next month.  Let's see what happens when I order a lounger for my balcony.  I'll be sure to report back.  

Uggh! Thanks for the Summit info.  We sail on her shortly.  More than disappointed to see the explanation you had off the cabin steward.

Has anyone more recent experience on the Summit?  We sail on her shortly and for us, the "doll house" chairs on the verandah will be a huge disappointment and game changer. I can live without the stool but a comfy chair not so much.

7 hours ago, Cruising Princess said:

But even though it was ugly, seems that it served the intended purpose in alleviating your pain.

10 hours ago, Liao said:

But even though it was ugly, seems that it served the intended purpose in alleviating your pain.

Unfortunately not.  The handicap seat was too high.  It cut off circulation in my leg too.  As I now recall, eventually I had them remove it.  

On 7/23/2024 at 4:55 PM, phoenix_dream said:

Spin spin spin!

• Like 1

On 7/24/2024 at 4:49 PM, Gracie115 said:

I think that's a bunch of BS from Laura...... "based on guests needs and preferences"  unless they are talking about little children's need those tiny chairs couldn't be anyone's preference or need....  

Yes bring back the footstools and loungers as @phoenix_dream states on all the "real" balconies.

we recently submitted the Additional Needs Form for 2 cruises on Eclipse and included a request for high backed chairs that recline and footstools. We sent separate forms and emails for each cruise.

We have had the following replies from 2 different people both signing as " Access Advocates, Access Department:-

Cruise 1 (Iceland): " we are not able to provide footstools.......... You are welcome to bring your own". Nothing about high back chairs.

Cruise 2 (Transatlantic October 25): "Currently waiting instructions and confirmation regarding availability" Actively working on the issue".

2 hours ago, the penguins said:

we recently submitted the Additional Needs Form for 2 cruises on Eclipse and included a request for high backed chairs that recline and footstools. We sent separate forms and emails for each cruise.

We have had the following replies from 2 different people both signing as " Access Advocates, Access Department:-

Cruise 1 (Iceland): " we are not able to provide footstools.......... You are welcome to bring your own". Nothing about high back chairs.

Cruise 2 (Transatlantic October 25): "Currently waiting instructions and confirmation regarding availability" Actively working on the issue".

Just curious - what category cabin are you in?

(Was it one that used to have footstools before this debacle?)

On 7/22/2024 at 9:16 PM, Labraiser11 said:

Did celebrity remove the foot rest and high back chairs from all S class ships? Or just removed the loungers?

I just sailed Solstice and had two high back chairs and a single table. No foot stools. 

Patty

Just left the Ascent, and had two chairs a table and a lounger on sunset verandah balcony. Plenty of space for a second lounger if we wanted it. 

4 hours ago, chamima said:

Just curious - what category cabin are you in?

(Was it one that used to have footstools before this debacle?)

7247 Hump Cabin.

The cabin has always had the high back chairs with the reclining backs,

Footstools this has varied:

At one time always there.

Then, prior to my wife’s serious mobility issues, if there was no footstools we simply offered the Room Steward $20 for 2 stools - this never failed. It was a price we were happy to pay in recognition of the time /effort required.

Since the Mobility issues we have submitted  Submitted the Special Needs Form and included in the covering email the request for Footstools and these have been provided.

Our concern now is that both the high backed chairs and the footstools have been removed from S class. If this is the case we will have to seriously consider not cruising with Celebrity - E class is already impossible.

8 hours ago, the penguins said:

Our concern now is that both the high backed chairs and the footstools have been removed from S class. If this is the case we will have to seriously consider not cruising with Celebrity - E class is already impossible.

We were in an angle/hump cabin on the Silhouette in April 2024.  No footstools but the chairs on the verandah had the high backs and could recline.

3 hours ago, Reel Love said:

We were in an angle/hump cabin on the Silhouette in April 2024.  No footstools but the chairs on the verandah had the high backs and could recline.

Thanks, I should have put "are" being removed not "has" been removed as the reports of the changes seem to be more recent than April. 

The fact that the Access Department didn't simply respond by saying that the chairs on the balcony were not being changed is my biggest concern.

Since my post 718 I have received a survey asking how the Access Department handled my request.

I have responded by detailing the conflicting information received and requesting a definitive answer. Will Post X's reply.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, the penguins said:

Thanks, I should have put "are" being removed not "has" been removed as the reports of the changes seem to be more recent than April. 

The fact that the Access Department didn't simply respond by saying that the chairs on the balcony were not being changed is my biggest concern.

Since my post 718 I have received a survey asking how the Access Department handled my request.

I have responded by detailing the conflicting information received and requesting a definitive answer. Will Post X's reply.

We bought something like this for a cruise earlier this year.  Worked great.  Sad that we had to bring our own but glad we did.

Amazon.com: Koala Kloud 3 Height Travel Foot Rest - Gray Inflatable Foot Rest Pillow, Airplane Footrest for Flights, Car Seat, Airplane Bed for Toddler Airplane Travel Essentials Kids Accessories (Gray) : Home & Kitchen