LIVE Allure of the Seas 5/20-5/24

6 minutes ago, mamiamjo said:

Those are definitely more affordable. I'll be interested to see what you think Here’s what I bought

IMG_7483.png

We can compare notes to see what’s worthy. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gambler said:

Coming aboard. I was hoping I did not miss this review. Just got off the Mariner yesterday. First cruise back out of Galveston and only 7 night cruise. Our food was actually very good. Can't wait to here what you think of the Allure. We get her back here in 26. I have not sailed the Oasis class yet. Mariner is a good size ship. Only 4 day.. is that enough time to get in trouble??, lol

It’s enough time to get in enough trouble with the kids. They don’t need wrap sheets at such tender ages. 😏

• Haha 5

Counting on you to give me the low down on RC - haven't sailed them since 2008 (wasn't overly impressed then) but, like you, my kids are drawn to those mammoth ships and all their bells and whistles. Trying out Harmony at the end of August and feel like a newbie again!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Counting on you to give me the low down on RC - haven't sailed them since 2008 (wasn't overly impressed then) but, like you, my kids are drawn to those mammoth ships and all their bells and whistles. Trying out Harmony at the end of August and feel like a newbie again!

You got it! 

20 minutes ago, SenatorsFan said:

You bet I'm here for this! Have an awesome time. 🍹🤪

Miss you! Ready for February and the Jubilee! Tell your husband I said HELLO! 

• Like 2

Hi, it's almost time!!

Allure is my favorite Royal O class ship. She has not yet been "revamped" so no big purple slide on her rear! I'm sailing on her from Miami July and August for the 3 night cruises so I'll be following to get an idea of how the shorter cruises play out. It will be fun trying to fit it all in!

Mary

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sea Viewer said:

Hi, it's almost time!!

Allure is my favorite Royal O class ship. She has not yet been "revamped" so no big purple slide on her rear! I'm sailing on her from Miami July and August for the 3 night cruises so I'll be following to get an idea of how the shorter cruises play out. It will be fun trying to fit it all in!

Mary

Yes, and the kids were a little upset about that. I’m not, secretly. It gives me anxiety. Truth be told, I toured Allure in June 2023 when she was at Galveston. I feel like with a 9, 10 & 13 year old we can navigate it, not get too lost, and have some fun on a 4 nighter. The Carnival Dream was 8 days and by the second sea day… one sea day, 4 ports, two seas on the way back… they were bored, over the kids club and had decided long cruising was not for them unless super port intensive. 
Hope I can help with the short cruise real-ness. 😉

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Speaking of drink packages, I’m usually a liquid iv girl. After reading @sid_9169 and recently… well yesterday with @mamiamjo I decided to try something new to me this cruise. Like Mamiamjo, I’m thinking BYTOX is too expensive, so I ordered these. We shall see how they work. Hope they match my tan. 😆

IMG_5214.jpeg

I highly recommend these to avoid a hangover. I take 3 after my last drink, and no matter how much I've had, I wake up feeling great. They're not cheap, but they REALLY work! If I could invest in this company I would, they are that amazing. 

image.thumb.png.91ef571a8c64e3eb25eed30301d39d23.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MeganGC1983 said:

When I was working I took many 3 night cruises on the Majesty. Now due to DH's medical issues/treatments we can only take weekend cruises. Have been sailing freedom class but when Royal moved Allure to Miami and started 3/4 day cruises I decided to go for it. There's always Schooner Bar and Trellis Bar to keep me occupied 🍹

• Like 2

There’s 3 days left of school. In true school fashion, there’s gonna be 554 things to do, wear and get ready for. 
Also, these shoes, for my middle, are 6 weeks old. Mr. Megan asked if they were made of paper mache. This is the life of a 4th grade softball player. 😏

IMG_5243.jpeg

73741240454__4DBB306E-240D-4F75-A666-CBE43092ADC3.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

23 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Yes, and the kids were a little upset about that. I’m not, secretly. It gives me anxiety. Truth be told, I toured Allure in June 2023 when she was at Galveston. I feel like with a 9, 10 & 13 year old we can navigate it, not get too lost, and have some fun on a 4 nighter. The Carnival Dream was 8 days and by the second sea day… one sea day, 4 ports, two seas on the way back… they were bored, over the kids club and had decided long cruising was not for them unless super port intensive. 

Last year we took our 11 and 13 niece and nephew on their first cruise a 4 day on the Breeze.  Every time we see them they ask about going on another cruise.  My 11 year old nephew last night said he wants to do a 14 day cruise.  I think like you if I do take them again it will be a 4 or 5 day.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Miss you! Ready for February and the Jubilee! Tell your husband I said HELLO! 

Aw, miss you, too. Definitely looking forward to Jubilee. Hello back from DH! 🤗

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MeganGC1983 said:

There’s 3 days left of school. In true school fashion, there’s gonna be 554 things to do, wear and get ready for. 
Also, these shoes, for my middle, are 6 weeks old. Mr. Megan asked if they were made of paper mache. This is the life of a 4th grade softball player. 😏

IMG_5243.jpeg

73741240454__4DBB306E-240D-4F75-A666-CBE43092ADC3.jpeg

Tell her to walk only on the soles, not so much on the uppers.

Tell your dog I said HI!!

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, dallasdan said:

Last year we took our 11 and 13 niece and nephew on their first cruise a 4 day on the Breeze.  Every time we see them they ask about going on another cruise.  My 11 year old nephew last night said he wants to do a 14 day cruise.  I think like you if I do take them again it will be a 4 or 5 day.

The kids club, while fantastic, get a little redundant. How many bracelets can an 8 year old make before it feels like a sweat shop?! I’m not sure if my kids will even make it on this ship, but they will go to sign ups. We are pretty packed with wall climbing, floRider, ice skating and shows. But we will see. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, princess76021 said:

page 2,  i have to start doing better 🙃

thanks Megan for taking us!!

hugs from you know where!

Hugs back. Thanks for coming along. 

• Like 2