Boarding Pass

puzzums

Hello

I am now 11 days from sail date and should be able to now see my boarding pass and boarding time.  Where do I find that on the Princess website and/or the app?

Thanks

2 minutes ago, puzzums said:

Hello

I am now 11 days from sail date and should be able to now see my boarding pass and boarding time.  Where do I find that on the Princess website and/or the app?

Thanks

Princess did away with boarding times.  Your "boarding pass" is called your travel summary.  You can print it out, but we have never been asked for it.  If you have your medallion. you are good to go.  If not. just show your passport.  

Puzzums mentioned elsewhere Medallions were not shipped.

You do need to log into the Princess website and print your luggage tags. In addition to folding them, I strengthen them by covering them with clear packing tape. Some buy a holder. We had one get torn off once, before taping. It did evetually get to my cabin, but I was worried. 

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, puzzums said:

Hello

Thanks

Very soon when you open the APP, your Ocean Ready status will show Green lane or Blue lane along with your cabin assignment and a QR code which has not been asked for. During Covid you selected an arrival time, but that has been discontinued and you can arrive at the port to check in during the boarding period listed in your Travel Summary or on the APP.

Edited by wallyj

38 minutes ago, puzzums said:

My boarding pass shows up when I open the app. Mine has been available since last week and we leave in 3 days. Having said that we've never been asked to show the boarding pass upon arrival, and we've sailed both domestically and internationally in the past 6 months.

Screenshot_20240521_085515_Princess.jpg

43 minutes ago, HotRoot said:

Princess did away with boarding times.  Your "boarding pass" is called your travel summary.  You can print it out, but we have never been asked for it.  If you have your medallion. you are good to go.  If not. just show your passport.  

Even though they will never ask for your Travel Summary, I recommend you always print it out and take it with you (either hardcopy or electronic). It describes everything on your booking and would be useful if something is missing onboard.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, NavyVeteran said:

Even though they will never ask for your Travel Summary, I recommend you always print it out and take it with you (either hardcopy or electronic). It describes everything on your booking and would be useful if something is missing onboard.

Agreed!  I'm one of those dinosaurs that prints *everything*...just in case there is an internet outage at the very moment when you need it most!  (It happens... this is no doubt a carryover from my previous life as a network manager where I was responsible for "business continuity" procedures.)

• Like 8

1 hour ago, puzzums said:

Hello

Thanks

Our QR code or BP showed up on the App about 5 days before. 
One time it showed up 3 days before.  

It shows your boarding window, you can checkin any time during that window.  It will state Green lane or Blue lane.

23 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Agreed!  I'm one of those dinosaurs that prints *everything*...just in case there is an internet outage at the very moment when you need it most!  (It happens... this is no doubt a carryover from my previous life as a network manager where I was responsible for "business continuity" procedures.)

I’ve never had to reboot a piece of paper.

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, HotRoot said:

I print doubles and put one of them inside the bags.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Mrs Ldubs carries a printout for the same "just in case" reason.   I save doc's to my phone -- just in case.   🙂

7 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

One way to avoid worries about internet or cell service is to save documents on your phone. It’s easy to create an album of “travel documents”in photos.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Torfamm said:

One way to avoid worries about internet or cell service is to save documents on your phone. It’s easy to create an album of “travel documents”in photos.

I do that as well!

On 5/21/2024 at 9:39 AM, wallyj said:

your Ocean Ready status will show Green lane or Blue lane along with your cabin assignment and a QR code which has not been asked for.

If you don't have a smart phone, and don't want a smart phone, what are the options for maneuvering through the boarding process?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ecs66 said:

If you don't have a smart phone, and don't want a smart phone, what are the options for maneuvering through the boarding process?

You should be able to check in, complete info using web version or calling in to Ocean Navigators to complete your info, no smartphone needed.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ecs66 said:

They can look up your reservation for you once you get to the check-in station. Be sure to have your passport and I'd also have a copy of your travel summary and booking confirmation. Just join the Blue Lane line at the terminal.

1 hour ago, Torfamm said:

Just join the Blue Lane line at the terminal.

Thank you!  I have a smart phone, but Hubby does not / will not. A retired Physicist once involved in this type of tech ... "not doin' it!".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ecs66 said:

Thank you!  I have a smart phone, but Hubby does not / will not. A retired Physicist once involved in this type of tech ... "not doin' it!".

Do I understand you correctly? Do you not use your phone either? If you do use yours you can just use the app to upload all necessary documents, security photos etc and complete check-in information for both of you

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Torfamm said:

Do I understand you correctly? Do you not use your phone either? If you do use yours you can just use the app to upload all necessary documents, security photos etc and complete check-in information for both of you

Be aware that you do NOT have to use a smartphone AT ALL!  Just show up at the pier with all of your travel documents & passports (some cruises you can get away with no passports) and they will check you in at the terminal.  Do everything that you *can* do (such as print luggage tags and pertinent docs) and just show up.

• Like 2

We just boarded the Majestic and were blue line. I printed our travel summary and had photos of our boarding passes but was never asked for either. The only thing I was asked for was our room number to get into the blue lane line and our passports once we got to the front. Easy peasy.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, windango said:

We just boarded the Majestic and were blue line. I printed our travel summary and had photos of our boarding passes but was never asked for either. The only thing I was asked for was our room number to get into the blue lane line and our passports once we got to the front. Easy peasy.

Yep!  Princess goes out of its way to imply that you have to do all this stuff on the app before they will let you on the ship.  NOT!  It may very well speed things up by a small amount...but as long as you have your travel docs and passports you *will* get on the ship.