Has anyone had problems with the Stock Perks app?

I was able to download the app and had my stock approved and added to my booking.  Then my TA repriced my cruise and the OBC fell off.  Now I can't seem to add it back on the app.  It keeps saying I need to verify the cruise info and I have.  Frustrating!  Any suggestions?

I haven’t had that problem and my PVP has repriced my cruises a few times now. I would have your TA look into this. It shouldn’t fall off when repricing. Did the booking number stay the same?

The booking number stayed the same and my TA said she is no longer able to do anything to help now that it is with StockPerks.  I will try email shareholder benefits.

This sounds more like an issue with the process that the TA used in dealing with your booking...in other words, something went screwy between the TA and Princess, not Stockperks.  I realize and understand that you say that the booking number stayed the same...but it really sounds like it was canceled/rebooked.  This is exactly what would happen if that were the case.  I'm sure Stockperks will adjust it for you...just send a polite request explaining all the details.  Frustrating...but things happen!

15 hours ago, Hobbes67 said:

I was able to download the app and had my stock approved and added to my booking.  Then my TA repriced my cruise and the OBC fell off.  Now I can't seem to add it back on the app.  It keeps saying I need to verify the cruise info and I have.  Frustrating!  Any suggestions?

I had the same thing happen to us recently. We had our TA reprice a cruise and the OBC for shareholder benefits fell off. I emailed and called TA and did not get a response. After a few days, I called Princess. They showed my booking was repriced and that's when the OBC disappeared and Princess said it was done at the TA level. Princess said I'd have to go through Stockperks to get it added again. I resubmitted another request through Stockperks and it went through with no problem. Then, I received a denial from Stockperks that it had already been added. Ignored that email since the benefit was added back.

• Like 2

I am currently dealing with a Stockperks issue. I submitted my request via the Stockperks app, then received two emails, first that they had received my request and then, a day later, that it had been approved and a $250 OBC had been applied to my cruise. However, it hasn’t shown up. I sent an email to Princess shareholders benefit email and will send one to Stockperks tomorrow. 

9 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

I am currently dealing with a Stockperks issue. I submitted my request via the Stockperks app, then received two emails, first that they had received my request and then, a day later, that it had been approved and a $250 OBC had been applied to my cruise. However, it hasn’t shown up. I sent an email to Princess shareholders benefit email and will send one to Stockperks tomorrow. 

So when you go into Payments and select Onboard Credits it’s not there? Or I can usually see it’s been added when they send the revised booking email.

35 minutes ago, Sprocket said:

So when you go into Payments and select Onboard Credits it’s not there? Or I can usually see it’s been added when they send the revised booking email.

No. And it’s been almost a week since I received the confirming email. I phones 1-800-PRINCESS and the nice Philippine guy with his kids playing and dog barking in the background told me to wait a week and then tried to sell me specialty dining. 

• Haha 5

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

No. And it’s been almost a week since I received the confirming email. I phones 1-800-PRINCESS and the nice Philippine guy with his kids playing and dog barking in the background told me to wait a week and then tried to sell me specialty dining. 

I think you have to call or email Stock Perks directly, Princess won’t be able to help.  I’ve had mine applied successfully for multiple cruises no idea where yours went sideways.

For information regarding Stockperks' use and processing of your information, technical support, account setup, and all other questions regarding the use of Stockperks, please contact Stockperks at carnivalcorp@stockperks.com.

Edited by Sprocket
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Sprocket said:

I think you have to call or email Stock Perks directly, Princess won’t be able to help.  I’ve had mine applied successfully for multiple cruises no idea where yours went sideways.

For information regarding Stockperks' use and processing of your information, technical support, account setup, and all other questions regarding the use of Stockperks, please contact Stockperks at carnivalcorp@stockperks.com.

Thanks.  I forwarded the email they sent me back to them at that email address and immediately received confirmation that they would get back to me within 2 to 3 days. 

• Like 2

Update:  The confirming email from Stockperks that I sent to Princess Shareholders Benefits on Friday shook it loose. Princess applied it to my booking this morning.

I found the Stockperks app painless to use (and we keep a separate E*Trade account for just our CCL stock, so no worries about sharing login info with Stockperks). This issue was that, although I received a confirming email from Stockperks within a day or two, the OBC was not applied to the booking until Princess Shareholders Benefits did it.

1 hour ago, CulverCityCruisers said:

I emailed Princess and told them I didn't have a smart phone , so couldn't us an "app", so they applied the credit the old fashion way and no issues

Nice!

I have emailed Princess and stockperks.  Hopefully one of them will do something soon.  All I got from Stockperks was an automated message saying they would get back to me.

Update - I should have check my account on Princess before I sent the last message.  Everything is now fixed and I have my shareholder benefit.  I am not sure who fixed it, but someone did!

• Like 1

This now seems to be a recurring problem. My OBC fell off when I refared my cruise. Cannot add it back in using the Stockperks app. I enter the appropriate information and the app does nothing … absolutely nothing! No error message or even an endless loop. It just sits there. It is annoying to have to request the OBC a second time but I can live with that. However it is not acceptable to have to send an email for corrective action. An email has been sent to Stockperks asking them to add back my OBC.🤞

I don't use any apps. I emailed my stock proof to  SBPCL@Princesscruises.com and it was taken care of. For people that don't have or won't use a smart phone  there is always a work around. 

This is why I don't apply for the shareholder's OBC until after final payment. Don't have to worry about fare adjustments and thereby any glitches!

Anyway on the first of my upcoming cruises, I made a request to Stockperks. Next day, I got any email that the OBC was denied because I already have OBC ... and that if I had further questions to call Princess. Before calling, I did some research on CC finding out to click on PAYMENTS and there is where I saw my shareholders credit. I have no idea why they said it was denied.

It's worked great for me on 3 different cruises.  A couple and I'll recoup the cost of the 100 shares of stock. I've done it well before final payment and didn't have any glitches.

3 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

I don't use any apps. I emailed my stock proof to  SBPCL@Princesscruises.com and it was taken care of. For people that don't have or won't use a smart phone  there is always a work around. 

You are not alone.  I created a whole thread on this exact subject - 

It was not meant to be a thread to debate the whole issue over again. I just wanted to put some helpful info out there for those that don't like the app.  But, as usual, the egos couldn't resist and engaged in the usual browbeating.

• Like 1

What a shame that this perk thing doesn't work on a laptop.

Would have bee much easier than the hoops I had to jump through to get the job finished.

• 2 weeks later...

I applied for my CCL shareholders credit for an upcoming Alaska cruise through the Stockperks app. About a day later I got an email stating my claim was denied as I had already claimed it and it had been credited. A quick check on the Princess web portal showed that it had indeed been credited, but that was definitely the only application that I had made through the app. No idea where the “duplicate” claim came from.

1 hour ago, riffatsea said:

I didn't use my phone for the app

I used my tablet

I gave up my desk top computer a long time ago

I still have a powerhouse of a desktop I built years ago for gaming which, thankfully, I got over years ago as well. It still sits on my desk in our back bedroom office/sewing room. (It's a pretty big room!) I do use a laptop daily as I find it infinitely easier to use than my phone. The phone screen is small and I am an accomplished touch typist on a "real" keyboard. (Turned out to be the most valuable skill I obtained from high school. Not only was in incredibly valuable in my IT career but I also had two years of classes with almost exclusively girls! Sadly, the second part of that didn't really work out for me at the time. 🤪)

I rarely do anything on the phone I can't do on the laptop except for the myriad times I simply speak to my phone asking for info. It actually kind of drives me crazy that my wife will (in her case laboriously) type a question into her phone when I can simply speak to the phone and have the answer in a fraction of the time. However, for most things - such as this response - I find it vastly easier to type on my laptop. If I tried to dictate this missive I'd spend too much time trying to correct errors.