EZAir question

envy4u

Was it worth booking with EZAir? Any hiccups? Did they change your flight before payment was due? Best to pay in full so less chance of changes?

I want non stop flights.

Thoughts appreciated 

14 minutes ago, envy4u said:

Was it worth booking with EZAir? Any hiccups? Did they change your flight before payment was due? Best to pay in full so less chance of changes?

I want non stop flights.

Thoughts appreciated 

Changes can happen whether you’ve paid in full or not.  It’s the airlines that changes flights, not EZ Air. 
We’ve had both good and bad experiences with EZ air.  There are very stiff penalties if you change your EZ air flights .. like 100%.  
But they will guarantee to get you to your cruise or back home if there is a delay on your flight there or back.  
the choice is yours 

We have use EZ air many times. Generally for international flights and transfers plus hotels. I have liked no real issues except once they booked us on two different flights but it was fixed easily. Don't usually use this in the states except in 2022 just after things were starting to get going again.

• Like 1

EZair has worked well for us & if there are any changes those are primarily made by the airlines.

It's been my experience that domestic flights are about the same price as direct bookings & that international flights are generally much cheaper including for premium cabin seats. We're booked to NZ and the flight is half the price of a direct booking...and with Flexible you can make changes up until 45 days in advance.

I see no advantage to paying early before final payment although some will do it for various reasons.

I am proactive about checking for flight changes & regularly check them whether booking through EZair or directly. It's been my experience that direct airline bookings are worse about making notifications about flight & aircraft changes and that's why I check them regularly...buyer beware.

Using the attached link you can read about the benefits of Flexible EZair...primarily for Flexible bookings.

Princess EZair - Flights for Your Cruise - Princess Cruises

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

EZair has worked well for us & if there are any changes those are primarily made by the airlines.

It's been my experience that domestic flights are about the same price as direct bookings & that international flights are generally much cheaper including for premium cabin seats. We're booked to NZ and the flight is half the price of a direct booking...and with Flexible you can make changes up until 45 days in advance.

I see no advantage to paying early before final payment although some will do it for various reasons.

I am proactive about checking for flight changes & regularly check them whether booking through EZair or directly. It's been my experience that direct airline bookings are worse about making notifications about flight & aircraft changes and that's why I check them regularly...buyer beware.

Using the attached link you can read about the benefits of Flexible EZair...primarily for Flexible bookings.

Princess EZair - Flights for Your Cruise - Princess Cruises

Thanks!

I’m confused if you don’t pay in full how do you know that the airline does not fill up the plane with others booking directly. 

1 hour ago, envy4u said:

Thanks!

I’m confused if you don’t pay in full how do you know that the airline does not fill up the plane with others booking directly. 

EZ Air is a consolidator.  They are able to hold the seats til ticketed and if not ticketed it goes back into inventory.  When I do EZ Air and pick seats I then go to the airline website and see my seat is not available for someone else to pick.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, envy4u said:

Thanks!

When u book EZAir flexible fare, you pay in full when final payment is due, but you have till 45 days before flight or sailing,  whichever is sooner to cancel/change without penalty or fees.

• Like 2

I have checked directly with the airlines to “see” if EZ Air booked me (using airline record locator number).  I will admit that I am a little bit anxious until I make final payment and/or get my e-ticket number 90 - 45 days out.  You can always lock in…but that may turn your ticket into a restricted ticket.  

The difference is if you make changes, you will be charged.  If the airline makes changes, EZ Air will fix it without charging you.  

• Like 1

I am also from Toronto.  I have found EzAir from Toronto (YYZ) to Fort Lauderdale (FLL) there is a little savings from purchasing with EzAir than direct with the airline.  I have found flying international, there is a better savings.

With EzAir, book Flexible and watch to see if the price has gone down. No payment until cruise final payment with no $ penalty, you can change/cancel up to 45 days and after 45 days $ penalty.

I check my EzAir booking daily and have changed a few times for a better price.  For my cruise Toronto (YYZ)-Vancouver (YVR) and San Francisco (SFO) -Toronto (YYZ), started over $720, price went up to $800 and down and I presently have it for $591. If you purchase direct with the airline, you are unable to change without $ penalty if purchased non refundable.  

Near final payment, I check the airline price and take which is the cheapest.

Each time, you change your EzAir booking, you have to re add seats and airline passenger number.  Each time, you will get a new Princess airline booking # and airline booking #.

• Like 2

Advantage with booking with ezair is the flight for the cruise can be booked 330 days in advance and if there are any changes to the cruise booking the flight can be changed without penalty. Also, payment for the flights are not required until the cruise final payment is due. Added benefit is that you miss the cruise due to flight issues, they will get you to the cruise at the next available port.

Finally, you can rebook a flight prior to the final payment without penalty and as such, once you have a booking you can always update your flight booking if you see a better rate or schedule. As many mentioned, cost wise they are competitive and in some cases cheaper, e.g., overseas vs. domestic. 

We use EzAir almost exclusively for our International Business Class seats.  99% of the time these seats are 40% to 60% lower than booking thru any other source.

For our domestic flights we do not see the similar lower fares and we book directly with the airlines.

• Like 1

I book cheap UAL seats on EZAIR then go to my UAL app and upgrade for next to nothing ($229 for SFO -> LHR). Can't upgrade on AA for a reasonable price & can't get assigned seats at booking on BA so I just book those with their airline's app

• Like 1

We used EZ air for our cruise to fly from Miami to Rome, come from Barcelona. Nonstop flights cost started at $2800 / pp for PE  75 days point, price went down  2x to $1800/pp before 45 days cut off. Got credit ( it took about 2 months) with no penalty.