World Fresh Marketplace vs. "Regular Buffet"

crawford

Only remember several years ago, that the WFM venue on the CB was very small. 

Will be cruising on the CB again soon and would appreciate experiences vs. just going to the buffet?

We will be Princess Plus. Can anyone confirm if the fresh juices and smoothies are located here?

Thanks

I’m a little confused about the question.

The WFM is the Buffet.  Yes, it is smaller than the Royal class Princess ships.  

Don’t know about the juice bar. Maybe others can reply.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

I’m a little confused about the question.

The WFM is the Buffet.  Yes, it is smaller than the Royal class Princess ships.  

Don’t know about the juice bar. Maybe others can reply.

I understand it is a buffet. Per my title, I was curious how much different the WFM is from the normal buffer offerings? Per the Princess CB website: "Whenever you visit, you’ll find plenty of well-balanced options to choose from. Stop by for breakfast and visit our gourmet pancake station, or enjoy one of our unique hot cereal offerings. At lunch, look for handcrafted sandwiches, regionally inspired dishes and soups, as well as our carvery selections. For dinner, there’s everything from international favorites, comfort foods, customized stir-fry or pasta, plus a multitude of fresh fruit and salad choices."

18 minutes ago, crawford said:

I was curious how much different the WFM is from the normal buffer offerings?

WFM is the normal buffet. It's just a branding. "A buffet by any other name..."

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

To the OP, which ship is the CB?  But as has been said before, the WFM is the Lido buffet.  There ain't no difference.  All that website puffery you posted is just a fancy way of saying that. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, memoak said:

In my opinion a buffet is a buffet. Some are larger some are smaller but all are to be avoided when you can

I am not a buffet fan. Maybe Princess is attempting to upgrade the WFM, starting with the Sun:

• World Fresh Marketplace (Deck 9) – World Fresh Marketplace has undergone a remarkable transformation, inviting guests on a tantalizing journey of flavors and experiences from around the world. Here at this all-day gastronomy experience conveniently located adjacent to the Piazza with expansive windows overlooking the Promenade and designed for enhanced traffic flow, chefs serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner at nine food stations ranging from Mongolian barbeque and Tapas stations to Asian stir fry and Panini stations. There’s something for every guest at stops that feature carving boards of roasted meats, bread and salad selections, fruits, hot dishes, and desserts for every sweet tooth.

16 minutes ago, memoak said:

In my opinion a buffet is a buffet. Some are larger some are smaller but all are to be avoided when you can

This.  Princess buffets no matter the size are always a zoo.  Rude people cutting in, no tables, slow drink service and mediocre food.

• Like 3

Sorry, I really goofed on this one!

I thought the WFM was in addition to the Horizon Court (which doesn’t exist on the CB)..

I saw a vlog on it and thought it was n different then the Horizon. Hence, my question.

Thanks for your replies! 😀

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, DCThunder said:

To the OP, which ship is the CB?  But as has been said before, the WFM is the Lido buffet.  There ain't no difference.  All that website puffery you posted is just a fancy way of saying that. 

CB is the Caribbean Princess.

20 minutes ago, crawford said:

I am not a buffet fan. Maybe Princess is attempting to upgrade the WFM, starting with the Sun:

All that is marketing speak for "Don't look behind the curtain. Everything will be the same."

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, crawford said:

I thought the WFM was in addition to the Horizon Court (which doesn’t exist on the CB)..

Horizon Court was redesigned into World Fresh Marketplace after the 2017 dry dock of the CB. For better flow and better seating.

Edited by EDVM96
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, DCThunder said:

CB is the Caribbean Princess.

30 minutes ago, crawford said:

• World Fresh Marketplace (Deck 9) – World Fresh Marketplace has undergone a remarkable transformation, inviting guests on a tantalizing journey of flavors and experiences from around the world. Here at this all-day gastronomy experience conveniently located adjacent to the Piazza with expansive windows overlooking the Promenade and designed for enhanced traffic flow, chefs serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner at nine food stations ranging from Mongolian barbeque and Tapas stations to Asian stir fry and Panini stations. There’s something for every guest at stops that feature carving boards of roasted meats, bread and salad selections, fruits, hot dishes, and desserts for every sweet tooth.

A lot of fluff.  Not sure where this is on the PCL website, but CB WFM or buffet is on Deck 15, Lido deck.  

That quote above, deck 9, near Piazza, sounds like the new Star Princess.

Sorry it’s so confusing on the website, as we all know, it is really not updated very efficiently.

WFM is still the buffet on the CB.

• Thanks 1

The buffet on Sapphire was pretty good, I liked having things set out in individual servings it was nice and neat. It was smaller than other buffets true but it flowed smoothly. Of course this changes with each cruise. I think this ship is the same size as Caribbean Princess.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, memoak said:

Confused Little Bunny Snowball GIF | GIFDB.com

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Kay S said:

This.  Princess buffets no matter the size are always a zoo.  Rude people cutting in, no tables, slow drink service and mediocre food.

You should try to hit the buffet on the less crowded times and avoid those crowds. We've never had the problems you've experienced. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, crawford said:

Sorry, I really goofed on this one!

I saw a vlog on it and thought it was n different then the Horizon. Hence, my question.

Thanks for your replies! 😀

You didn't flub at all.  The Caribe Cafe, the buffet held in the aft portion just behind the Horizon Court one the Crown Class ships. They have served an ethnically themed dinner (and sometimes lunch, too) choice and always a favorite of mine when wanting a variety from the regular buffet type foods and I only recall it being open on sea days.  One night it might be Indian food and another night, perhaps Mexican specialties, etc.  they do close earlier than the Horizon Court area. 

I don’t go to the buffet often but I always liked that, especially when they served Indian food, pan Asian food or Mexican specialties.  Not sure if they are still doing that.  Honestly, I’m onboard a crown class ship right now and should just run up at dinner time and check it out.  Will that happen?  Who knows but I’m going to say probably not.  I did run up for lunch today after our outing in Ketchikan.  The food was excellent and all very fresh.  We are in port so, only noticed the front portion open but it had a decent variety.  As mentioned, it was delicious.  All the food has been really good, though but today’s was spectacular.  The president of Princess was onboard today so, that may be part of why it was extra good.  Honestly, I really would eat ant the buffet everyday if it always was like that.  Who knows, Maybe it is. 

• Thanks 1

Such drama.   If you hit the buffet when it first opens it's rather enjoyable.   We have really enjoyed the theme nights when they have them.   Especially when they had all Indian food..  Better than our Indian restaurant at home. 

Its convenient when you don't feel like going to the dining room.  Just choose your times wisely.

• Like 4

When we sailed on Caribbean Princess we found that, if you go through the buffet all the way to the back where Planks and Steamers are located, there is a better breakfast selection. As you pass through the first "regular" part of the buffet there are the standard pre-cooked eggs - fried and scrambled. If we continued on past the main buffet all the way aft there were made-to order omelets and cooked-to-order fried eggs. At that time there were a bunch of omelet ingredients in containers. There was ham, cheese, green onions, jalapenos, etc. You took a small paper cup and put whatever ingredients you wanted in the cup and gave it to the guy to use in your omelet.  I don't like "over easy" fried eggs as the white is often still a bit nasty but I do like a runny yolk. I could order "over medium" fried eggs and they were perfect for me. At lunch time the Planks/Steamers area (that same area all the way aft in the buffet) had burrito ingredients and ramen ingredients and you fixed your burrito or ramen how you liked it.

Most folks just hit the buffet and went through the main area and took what was offered and got a table. We went to the far aft portion each time and had a much better breakfast and, as a bonus, there was often available seating back there. It was also close to outside access so, if the weather was good, one could take their food out there and eat.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

46 minutes ago, 555 said:

You should try to hit the buffet on the less crowded times and avoid those crowds. We've never had the problems you've experienced. 

I have never found going early or late improved the mediocrity of the food.

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, crawford said:

I am not a buffet fan. Maybe Princess is attempting to upgrade the WFM, starting with the Sun

If you remove the fact that crew now serves passengers at the buffet, the Sun Princess's Eatery (aka buffet) is actually a DOWNGRADE from the Royal Class ships in the Princess fleet because of cost-cutting measures. Why?? With the exception of the meat carvings and desserts, the lunch and dinner options DO NOT change for the entire cruise. In other words, what you see on day 1 at lunch remain the SAME the entire cruise. DItto for dinner also.

Edited by cheezenip
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, cheezenip said:

If you remove the fact that crew now serves passengers at the buffet, the Sun Princess's Eatery (aka buffet) is actually a DOWNGRADE from the Royal Class ships in the Princess fleet because of cost-cutting measures. Why?? With the exception of the meat carvings and desserts, the lunch and dinner options DO NOT change for the entire cruise. In other words, what you see on day 1 at lunch remain the SAME the entire cruise. DItto for dinner also.

GAH! Double GAH!! Triple GAH!!!

I have to wonder what clown came up with that idea. (Of course I blame J. P.  Any issue with Princess or on a Princess ship up to and including clogged toilets I blame J. P.)

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1