We really like Princess, but............

donnatello

8 minutes ago, donnatello said:

I recently watched a "You tube" video that was  titled "3 worst cruise lines and they were:.  Costa, MSC and Princess.   Really?!?!?!?!?!?!?

After this last fiasco trying to make reservations using their Medallions, I can believe it.

9 minutes ago, donnatello said:

I recently watched a "You tube" video that was  titled "3 worst cruise lines and they were:.  Costa, MSC and Princess.   Really?!?!?!?!?!?!?

What were the reasons given. We like Princess because the Grand and Royal class ships do not have things like go carts, rope courses etc. We are old style cruisers who like to relax, have some cocktails and gamble a little we have been cruising this way for 35 years and it fits us. We don’t need tons of people and hectic atmosphere 

• Like 17

Please post the link to the video. 

That said, it's likely click bait on their part.  Me? I'm a convert to Princess from NCL for many of the reasons mentioned moments ago by @memoak

In summary, Princess is my choice b/c fewer kids, value-based drink package, International Cafe, good buffet, many pools, fun and engaged cruise director staff, and good gambling comps.

• Like 12

32 minutes ago, JGmf said:

Please post the link to the video. 

That said, it's likely click bait on their part.  Me? I'm a convert to Princess from NCL for many of the reasons mentioned moments ago by @memoak

In summary, Princess is my choice b/c fewer kids, value-based drink package, International Cafe, good buffet, many pools, fun and engaged cruise director staff, and good gambling comps.

Exactly

2 minutes ago, kad56 said:

It's possible that that princess has the largest number of complainers active on the internet.

I don’t know sbout that my sister always sails NCL and complains about the ships all the time

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, kad56 said:

It's possible that that princess has the largest number of complainers active on the internet.

Facebook has it’s own complaint page. People actually think it’s an official Princess page but it was started by a disgruntled passenger. I was removed from the page because they thought I worked for Princess. I would explain why their complaints weren’t valid. The complaints were from inexperienced passengers that didn’t understand the cruise contract in terms of what the cruise lines have the right to do like itinerary changes.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, kad56 said:

As passenger numbers increase, the number of complaints will be greater than an alternate line which has far fewer passengers.  Simple statistic.

Regards John

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Facebook has it’s own complaint page. People actually think it’s an official Princess page but it was started by a disgruntled passenger. I was removed from the page because they thought I worked for Princess. I would explain why their complaints weren’t valid. The complaints were from inexperienced passengers that didn’t understand the cruise contract in terms of what the cruise lines have the right to do like itinerary changes.

I have actually seen complaints from people that since they missed “The only port I took the cruise for” I should have my cruise fare refunded in full. 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Social media can be followed by many who tend to agree with previous posters.  In addition as you mention inexperienced cruisers would likely be attracted by cheaper rate fares. The lower priced similar itinerary might well be because of the increased possibility of hurricanes and more experienced cruisers are avoiding those.  Then when you look at complaints it needs to be based on facts not feelings. Reviews are often based on feelings. The demographic of Facebook might be totally different to typical Princess passengers.  People need to book into cruises which are a good fit for them and lines are very varied to suit different markets.

Regards John

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, memoak said:

I have actually seen complaints from people that since they missed “The only port I took the cruise for” I should have my cruise fare refunded in full. 

Yep…that’s the flavor of that FB page.

2 hours ago, donnatello said:

Not fair to make a statement without providing any facts.  You might want to add some details to your post.

2 hours ago, donnatello said:

If you "really like Princess" then what does it matter if someone thinks it is one of the worst cruise lines and made a video about it?  Not sure what your point is here?? 

• Like 1

My first cruise was on a Costa (40+ years ago, the "Carla C") and had a great time. It started me on cruising. However Costa is a poor line...   and it has nothing to do with the Italian theme / flair... they just do a poor job.

I ONLY do Yacht Club on MSC. Otherwise, I will not sail with them. Think of your worst Carnival cruise, but primarily with Europeans who know how to drink and have fun much more than we Americans do. That said, MSC does a lot of things well.

Princess?   I can't imagine them on the list... someone must have gotten butte hurt on one sailing and thus labeled them the worst. I have been on nearly every line (US and Int'l) and and Princess is in my Top 5 for "balance of polish and fun" and nowhere close to the bottom 5.

• Like 2