You Just Won A Million Dollars

kakalina

Directly to the lawyer to set up a trust; after that, rent a limo and go to my office and give notice. After that, I'd have to think about it since we have a cruise planned for July and are going to San Juan for a long weekend on Wednesday.

Straight to the airport to catch the first thing flying to get me home to England. Once there, I can sit and think about all of the places I can now go to........Pack? no way, buy everything I need when I get there.........jean:cool:

The check would go to our investment guy so we could live well on the capital....sans 50 K, that would be used to do a little celebratory cruising. Imagine the deals you could get if you were able to book a few of those "last minute deals" on a some suite accommodations!!

I'd also contact my TA to see what World Cruise I could book for myself, DH and our boys...now that would be an education at sea for them!!

Booking the first cruise out of Vancouver. Wouldn't it be nice to book the highest category and don't have to worry how much it cost. Being pampered at all times. I have told my family if I won that much, we we all go in style. No money worries to think about.

To the bank. Deposit that puppy, invest and live on the interest. I run a small non-profit, so I'd beef up my non-profit's budget with a CRT too. I'd pay off student loans, replace the beat up Ford (though not with something outrageous) and look into that cruise to Tahiti. HAL has this 30 day itinerary in the South Sea islands that I'm just drooling over.

I'm with the investors. The check would immediately be invested in such a way that I can just draw interest and leave the principal. I would take a "small" sum to return to Fench Polynesia and stay for a couple of weeks on Bora Bora.

Other than that, I would change nothing. I wouldn't travel anymore, but I would definitely spend 4 months a year in the Northeast.

In other words, it would just make my life easier.

Before cashing it I would contact my tax attorney, move to Florida ASAP to avoid state income tax, set up college trust for all the little ones in the family, take the extended family on a cruise, invest the remainder and live of it's income.

When I see big cruising family reunions it always makes me smile.

Lawyer first. Days off from work second (I can't quit). Voyage of the Vikings or some similiar long cruise (depends on the time of year). If the family wants to come, they are welcome.

While I am away, they can remodel my kitchen and bathrooms. :D

I need to find out what it is like to cruise with a verandah.

LHC, see you in Bora Bora:) .

Joni, before you move to Florida just want you to know that while you save on state income tax, they take your left arm to pay for your homeowner's insurance.

You don't even want to know:( ! On the other hand, that $1 million will go a long way toward paying for it.:D

All I want is 1.3 million dollars. There is an old estate by me that is just calling my name. I can come up with the .3, but I need the lottery for the million. susana.

Lawyer and CPA first. Then, most likely, we'd pay off our mortgage and land loan on our other parcel, make a few improvements here and buy a new place in New Zealand with a lot of land, so we can re-locate in 7 or 8 years. Might take a celebratory trip to England and France to catch up with all our family and friends there. Life wouldn't change much in the short-term except for the crews working on this place. (A million doesn't go as far as it used to!)

Gosh - nearly forgot my family... probably find them another house. They went from smaller to larger and now they're talking about it being too much for them as they age. Maybe lock in a good price in their area since prices are depressed, then it'll be ready for them when they decide to move again.

jeesh!!

By the time Uncle Sam gets done with it there will be NO need to go to a lawyer or start any trust funds.

The first thing I'd do is pay off the kids college for them, then I'd go straight to the travel agent and spend the rest there.

Life's too short. There would be no hesitation.

jeesh!!

By the time Uncle Sam gets done with it there will be NO need to go to a lawyer or start any trust funds.

The first thing I'd do is pay off the kids college for them, then I'd go straight to the travel agent and spend the rest there.

Life's too short. There would be no hesitation.

I was thinking the same thing ... comes from being married to a CPA! He told me taxes would eat up about 1/3 of the million.

So I wouldn't quit my job ... I'd be investing most of the $667,500 or so ... but I would set aside some for a wonderful family cruise from Fort Lauderdale to ... wherever!!!

I would also donate some money to the local wildlife sanctuary and the pet shelter in our town.

After getting the money invested, I would see if there were any of those condos for sale that line the channel overlooking Port Everglades. Then, contact my travel agent and book a world cruise!

Um ... the after-tax money might buy you a studio condo there if you are lucky!!!

And you'll have to put lots of money aside for the monthly maintenance fee, which is sky-high for any of those condos on the water!

For me if it is only 1 million I'd still have to work but there are some things that I could do with it as long as all the taxes are paid and I have the full million 200K to charity there are a couple that I know that really could use the cash. 200K to my family and friends who really need it..then invest 275K..Pay off our small morgage and new cars for DW and myself and when DS gets old enough something for him....And the last 100k into our vacation fund!!!!

If I won a million dollars I would first of all give half away to my favourite charity which is the Cancer Council here in Australia.

With the other five hundred thousand dollars I would give one hundred and twenty five thousand each to our two children - they are both comfortable so are not needing huge sums of money - and that leaves us two hundred and fifty thousand dollars which would be more than enough for us to do as many cruises and trips that we want to go on for the next few years.

We are both retired and live comfortably. I would not want to change our house or our cars or our lifestyle.

Jennie

Archived