COMPLAINERS UNITE! What Can Royal Do Better?

Be able to contact via phone a UK office easily - 10 minutes trying last night and despite advertising open until 8 pm, and selecting the correct options I was transferred to the 'flight' desk (which I did not select nor want) to be told it was closed and their opening hours end before 8pm!

6 times I tried without success. I will have to wait until Sat as start work before the customer relations open, and finish after they close, and I work in travel, so it shows that we deliver a customer friendly service!

Better suite perks. NCL has them beat with their suite perks.

I wish they would be more diligent with identifying nuts and other food-allergy items. While I saw signs on certain foods in Windjammer and Café Promenade- when I was in the MDR, at least five dishes came out "dusted" with nuts, even though the menu said nothing about it. It was frustrating for my daughter, who would be excited about a dish - only to be disappointed when it came out with nuts on top. I'm not asking them to ban nuts, just be better with identifying which menu items have them :)

Stop requiring gratuities to be prepaid to request anytime dining. That is a major source of discontent in my household. NCL will consistently win over RCI based on prepaid gratuities and more expensive cruise fare.

If I can find a deal less expensive than NCL, then prepaids still irk us but at least I could argue it is worth the trade-off. If RCI is more expensive and requires prepaid, it's a very tough sell.

Keep the Windjammer open longer hours, especially on Embarkation Day.

When we embarked on the Freedom this March 30, after waiting in line an hour and a half, we ate lunch quickly in the pizza place. We then went to explore the ship, and saw something that really bothered me...a lady in a wheelchair arriving at the Windjammer to be told that the Windjammer had just closed at 3 PM. On embarkation day, it is not unreasonable to have at least one line open all afternoon into dinner. People are arriving at various times, and this isn't too much to ask..

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

RCI needs to get working on that cruise terminal in Mayport, Florida (Jacksonville)... you can't ask for a better place to place ships on the east coast.

Except for Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Tampa, Port Canaveral, Baltimore, New York, Boston....

Sorry, I see you live near Jacksonville. But championing it as a destination.... FAIL!

Major haul over of the website interface and problems there.

Better training of phone staff.

Nix the dynamic dining confusion and the pre booking of shows and dinner times.........We don't want to be making schedules on vacations.

Bring back the on board credits associated with making open bookings on cruises.

Train the on board loyalty ambassadors thoroughly......many of them are below par.

Let the quantum stay in New Jersey or a u.s. home port.

Have you ever been on a Carnival Cruise? Or are you just one of those RCI Cheerleaders who assumes things?

yes I have but to be fair it was a long long time ago, so there is some assuming ( after 1 cruise I really didn't want to try another )

yes I have but to be fair it was a long long time ago, so there is some assuming ( after 1 cruise I really didn't want to try another )

You shouldn't judge an entire cruise line on one cruise a long time ago. If that's the case, I would never go back to RCI based on the Jewel ship I was just on. Just not my favorite and service below par.....just me as others had better service but if I based it solely on my experience, I would not cruise on RCI again. That is silly as each cruise is different, each ship is different, and I had 2 different experiences on one Carnival ship taken 2 months apart. Please don't bash a cruiseline based on one experience years ago. I'm not a Carnival cheerleader either. I've never had a "bad" cruise. Some more enjoyable than others but has nothing at all to do with the entire line.

Edited by AZ Karaoke Girl

Better quality food - I've only been cruising for 9 years, but the quality has changed so drastically. Especially since there are now more restaurants that charge.

Flavored creamers for coffee in the Windjammer & dining room - although I've started just bringing a box of my own, which makes it better.

Better Crown and Anchor benefits!!!

More expanded selection of items in the Logo Shop onboard.

They REALLY have to sort out the chaos in what was UK Customer Services, now relocated to Guatemala. It is a shambles.

Customers, who spend hard earned money on a luxury such as a cruise, deserve to be treated efficiently, honestly, and in an acceptable manner. I am tearing my hair out trying to get decent service!! It is totally unacceptable for senior management to allow things to become so sloppy.

We are booked with friends for Quantum. RCI has totally messed up with this dining fiasco. Firstly, they "chose" some passengers "at random' to book early to get the glitches out of the system.. Quote = ..

Well, on the cc boards we began to read about passengers who "were not on this preferred list" BOOKING their dinner res early.

When I called, was told, oh no! This is not happening, not to worry, your dinner preference's will be honored.

.. Well, our TA spent all day yesterday with RCI.. final outcome.. we were booked at times other than requested and at restaurants other than requested, one of them being an a la carte (paying) site. When we questioned being placed into a restaurant other than requested, we were told, well there is always the Windjammer. Thanks.. but no thanks. . If we decided to eat dinner at the Windjammer, then it should be our choice.. if we decided to treat ourselves at one of the specialty restaurants, that should be our option as well.

We are diamond with RCI and Elite with X. Today when we I finish this post, I am looking into other cruise lines like Norwegian or HA or Azamara or Princess. Sorry, RCI has lost it completely and pretty soon they will lose us as well.

Right now I have been on the phone for over 2 hrs. and still have not talked with someone who can help me.

What a Royal Mess..icon8.gif

C

Edited by chiquita cruiser

I am also frustrated with Dynamic Dining, and will probably cancel my Quantum cruise, and move over to a ship that still offers the traditional dining experience. I do not like having to make reservations, and I do not like the menus in the complementary restaurants (I refuse to pay anything additional for food, and I refuse to be forced into the WJ for dinner).

I am also frustrated with Dynamic Dining, and will probably cancel my Quantum cruise, and move over to a ship that still offers the traditional dining experience. I do not like having to make reservations, and I do not like the menus in the complementary restaurants (I refuse to pay anything additional for food, and I refuse to be forced into the WJ for dinner).

I like doing specialty but still want a MDR with same waiters and same table when I do not do specialty resturants

I do not like having to make reservations, and I do not like the menus in the complementary restaurants (I refuse to pay anything additional for food, and I refuse to be forced into the WJ for dinner).

If you rule out paying for a specialty restaurant, I think you are really missing out. The MDR is noisy, and the food, while usually well presented, is just banquet food. We enjoy the MDR for about half the nights of a cruise and it's OK. But for us, the specialty restaurants are the highlight of our cruise dining. Give them a try.

Ability to make my own iced tea with ice dispenser and tea dispenser, just like I can do on Carnival. Aren't you tired of those RCI pre-poured ice teas?

Also, soft serve ice cream and frozen yogurt dispensers, like on Carnival.

Still, RCI is my favorite line, especially because of the Diamond Lounge.

Carnival has an option to pay $50 & you get priority boarding & disembarking plus your cabin is ready when you get on the ship. They limit it to around 30 cabins so the cabin attendants are not overworked. We used it when cruising with son & family & loved it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I agree with another poster Bakincakes.

Close the doors to the dining room after 15 minutes and LOCK it. ;)

No excuses allowed. :mad:

I'd like to agree with this, but now that I've tried to go from the main show to my dinner seating and could not get into an elevator in my wheelchair because rude people kept pushing past me. For me to be SURE I can make it on time for dinner I have to miss the end of the show so I can get to the elevators before the crowd. I have had to wait 45 minutes for an elevator on Enchantment. Granted, I was only late for dinner that one time, as I hate being late, but I feel I shouldn't have to be banished to the Windjammer because other people were being rude, so I think some excuses are acceptable. I'd gladly concede to that 15 minute rule if they'd put elevator attendants in place to make sure people with disabilities can get where they need to go. :)

Go back to the full On Board Credit for open bookings on board. I can't imagine the change is adding to Royal's profit, and it has to be a huge aggravation for Loyalty Ambassadors. We prefer to book with our Travel Agent, because she knows our habits and makes sure we're in a convenient location with no concern about equipment being dragged over our heads or disco music inundating our cabin until the wee hours. Unfortunately now to get full OBC, we have to study the ship layout and possible calendar influences (e.g., spring break), take up the LA's time, and rely on ourselves rather than our experienced, trusted TA.

Margy