Princess Cays

happytovacation

I saw that the Royal was stopping in princess cays this past week, can anyone

tell me if they rented the bungalows? How were they? Do you have to walk

down a bit to avoid the rocks or can you just walk right in. Do they still deliver

any food. I know it's a lot of questions but I'm debating if I want to rent one

for the day. There's 3 of us. Grandchild 11.

Thank You

I saw that the Royal was stopping in princess cays this past week, can anyone

tell me if they rented the bungalows? How were they? Do you have to walk

down a bit to avoid the rocks or can you just walk right in. Do they still deliver

any food. I know it's a lot of questions but I'm debating if I want to rent one

for the day. There's 3 of us. Grandchild 11.

Thank You

Princess Cays has a section for kids to swim in. The food is brought from the ship . They then cook a barbecue lunch for all that are a shore (no cost). Drinks are charged just like on board and beverage package is still in affect.

Yes it would worth renting a bungalow. There are some perks with having one.

To respond to you question I will provide more of a review of our experience of renting one of the bungalows on Princess Cays in April of 2016. We where on the Regal Princess on a B2B so we stopped twice at Princess Cays, the first time we did not rent one because we never had and thought twice might be a bit much. When I looked into it all I could find was written several years ago, nobody seems to want to respond to questions about them. I think everybody that rents them wants to keep it quite ;) . It is an extravagant expense for just two people but we have stayed at many resorts where private cabanas have cost more and you do not get any 'perks' just a fabric tent roof and better lounge chairs for twice the cost of the PC bungalow. So would we do this again? Yes in fact already booked ours for the next cruise on the Royal coming up next April and now have been spoiled to the point we may never just go and sit with the 'masses'. We loved the included floats, being able to escape the heat while we ate (AC) and place to put our stuff while we walked around. After we wish we had one on the first part of the trip. We spent the hole day there we where on one of the first tinders off and near the last going back a first for us. Typically for us we normally spend 3-4 hours then back to the ship.

Before we where to arrive at Princes Cays we received in the room priority tinder tickets and if we wanted to have a special gourmet lunch it was $50 extra. In the other comments I had read was that is was worth it just for the sea food salad alone. IT WAS. If you take advantage to the 'gourmet' lunch they will bring the food to you. If not I think you are on your own to go get your food from the buffet the neighbors did not have the gourmet lunch and I think I remember seeing them going to get theirs. I really did not move much except to walk around taking pictures and what happens drinking 10 glasses of water a day plus several fruity drinks will do to an aging male. So ok maybe I did more walking than laying there than I thought.

Contrary to some information we were provided and were told you do have to go to the room, typically one of the dining rooms, where everybody is to meet before going down to the tinders. There you give them the priority ticket and when the next tinder is ready you go the front of the line. So when you decide to leave the ship off you go, there might be a little wait depending on when the next tinder will be available. The miss information we where given was to go directly to the tinder loading platform. Once off the tinder they will take you a cart that will then take you to the bungalow. There still is a little walking ie off the tinder over the wooden bridge and then a short walk to the bungalow.

The bungalow is air conditioned has one electrical outlet, several others brought their own music which can be disturbing if too load or bad music selection. But our pain in the was not the 'neighbors' but some idiots in front of us that proceeded to get drunk and play their music from portable 'speaker cubes' way to loud. But they got wasted way to fast and shortly left (Yutes). You will also get several additional towels and two floats. There are a total of 4 lounge chairs 2 under a umbrella and 2 on a fenced in porch. Inside is a table and 4 chairs.

The distance to the water varies depending on the unit. But it is not far in my opinion but I know people that if it is not like in front of the door and they fall into the water it is WAY TOO far. I understand as I have gotten older and have more issues myself this can be a big challenge but to me the ones who complain the most are the ones that are more than able to walk the distance. So say 50’ to 100’ depending on which unit.

The gourmet lunch has 5 courses served at a nice sloooow pace with and after eating this you will want to be on the other side of the island to get to the water just walk it off or run from one end to the other. Some may find the speed in which the food is brought to be unacceptable, in a restaurant yes, but you are on a beach, palm trees swaying, no place to go, plus they are bringing you food while you lay on your back enjoying the day. To me, perfection, where else can I lay there and have someone bring me a cheese plate and a fruity alcoholic beverage! The photos show what was brought including one seafood salad for each person, you will not want to share, which was amazing and to me that alone was worth the cost. I did not get a picture of the main course which was a plate piled high of everything that was on the buffet. I also missed the desert plate because it contained chocolate which while artfully displayed, contained chocolate did I mention that, well even though stuffed this only lasted seconds. Let's say from the time the plastic was removed it disappeared probably before I got the plastic completely off. Did I mention it had chocolate? So in summary you get someone bringing you food, 3 more courses of food than the buffet plus everything on the buffet and you did not have to stand in line, or move from your chair plus did I mention they bring you chocolate?

There are also a group of waiters that are assigned only to the bungalows so service there we found is better than the beach.

26328019940_a95c05917f_b.jpg

26601607525_0a67323d99_z.jpg

The Appetizer

25996256874_7c8c674db2_z.jpg

The Sea Food Salad

26328547990_c12dbafbdb_z.jpg

Cheese Plate

26601759605_e59165fd27_z.jpg

Ceiling Fan

Before we where to arrive at Princes Cays we received in the room priority tinder tickets...

Well, no wonder the bungalows cost what they do. I had no idea that this "feature" was included in the price. I guess what happens in the bungalow stays in the bungalow! :D

Princess Cays has a section for kids to swim in. The food is brought from the ship . They then cook a barbecue lunch for all that are a shore (no cost). Drinks are charged just like on board and beverage package is still in affect.

Yes it would worth renting a bungalow. There are some perks with having one.

In PC they do not have a soda gun rather canned soda pop only. Therefore the soda package is not honored. You have to buy each can of soda pop just like on the ship.

Hurricane Matthew went through the Bahamas and pretty much tore up the islands including Eleuthera where PC is located. Has anyone been at PC since Matthew rearranged the area?

In PC they do not have a soda gun rather canned soda pop only. Therefore the soda package is not honored. You have to buy each can of soda pop just like on the ship.

The AIBP is honored there for both alcoholic beverages and soda cans.

To me, the seafood salad pictured is NOT worth $50 on its own. No freaking way!

I am very happy (really) that you enjoyed yourself so much but that salad is not something I can imagine spending $50 on. Not even if it was for the pair of you. Nope, nope, nope.

I'm interested in knowing what if any damage was done during the recent tropical storms and Hurricane Matthew. Currently, scheduled voyages in the eastern Caribbean are still showing PC as a port of call, and I haven't seen anything that would indicate there would be a change in that stop.

I'm interested in knowing what if any damage was done during the recent tropical storms and Hurricane Matthew. Currently, scheduled voyages in the eastern Caribbean are still showing PC as a port of call, and I haven't seen anything that would indicate there would be a change in that stop.

Apparently, there was little or no damage to PC.

We got the picnic lunch for two (much more than just the seafood salad)....it more than fed 6 adults. They also bring over samples of all the buffet food. The service was excellent and made for a wonderful relaxing day. I wouldn't do it any other way!

"Guests can add a sumptuous gourmet picnic to the bungalow rental, featuring dishes such as Italian-style antipasti, lobster and mango salad, an artisan cheese board with tropical fruits and fig bread, plus an Island barbeque selection, and petite pastry selection."