Is Concierge Class on the Silhouette W0rth it?

trio on the move

I recently booked concierge class on a December sailing on the Silhouette.

I was fully aware of the additional perks and the fact that the cabin is not any larger than a regular balcony. However, I have not read any positive posts about the benefits of this class of accommodation and am hoping that someone found it to be worth the money. We payed approximately a 100 per person extra.

I was fully aware of the additional perks and the fact that the cabin is not any larger than a regular balcony. However, I have not read any positive posts about the benefits of this class of accommodation and am hoping that someone found it to be worth the money. We payed approximately a 100 per person extra.

Hi TRIO ON THE MOVE,

Welcome to Cruise Critic & Celebrity.

You will gets of opinions on this and real value vs perceived (stuff that happens behind the scenes so no one knows if they really are true or not). In the end all that matters is what YOU think (and what you paid)

Personally, Mr Sloop & I like Concierge Class and the listed / received perks therein (from Celebrity's Website)

Services

Priority check-in

Express luggage delivery

Personalized Concierge service

Priority disembarkation based on your travel needs

Complimentary shoeshine service

Access to the exclusive Concierge Class Pre-departure Lounge

Dining

Main and specialty restaurant seating time preferences

Expanded room service menu

Amenities

Welcome Blanc de Blancs sparkling wine with a commemorative label featuring exclusive art work from the ArtCenter/South Florida artists

Pillow menu to suit your sleeping preferences

Daily delivery of Afternoon Savories

Plush bathrobes

Fresh fruit

Custom-blended bath amenities

Use of binoculars and golf umbrella

Extra handheld hair dryer

Celebrity tote bag

Stateroom Features

Hansgrohe® massaging showerhead

[/Quote]

PLUS there are the extra Captain's Club Points. And some would say also better cabin locations on the ships (hard to argue that one... We do love the Aft Sunset C1s with oversized balconies on the M-Class Ships... And the Midship Angle to the Hump C2s with oversized balconies on the S-Class Ships... Of which the Silhouette is one)

Overall, We have no complaints.

Although I am sure we will miss the Cabin Flowers which have been eliminated since our last cruise :(

So what Is this all worth ?

Well in truth I would not pay oodles more than a top rated well located Standard 1A Veranda Cbin with oversized balcony... Considering that many of the "gift item" perks can be bought via a Celebrity Welcome Abard Pkg (which is priced in the $ 100 to $ 200 range).

So if you paid $ 100 per person extra, I would say you got a decent / fair deal.

What you need to know for future cruises is that it is not uncommon for Celebrity to actually price higher level cabins on sale at a level lower than the prices they may be asking for those with less amenities (ie Aqua cheaper than Concierge).

This is because cabin prices are based on demand... If Concierge is not selling well, they could be put on Sale lower than a Standard Balcony to spar interest / sell more. That is when they truly are a bargain !!

This is how we picked up an Aqua for an upcoming cruise... It was priced lower than our usual Concierge... Hard to resist. Looking forward to trying out Aqua for the first time

Cheers!

Ps... Go on your cruise armed with info / possible plans for another Celebrity you might like to take in the future. Some of the best cruise prices are given to Pax who book onboard (but do your homework beforehand so you can tell). Great perks & low commitment / deposits. We usually book a cruise hen we are on a cruise.

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

I fall on the side of saying spend the money for Aqua, or save it and do standard veranda and spend the savings on specialty dining and things.

My comments on the Perks associated with concierge follow:

• Services
  • Priority check-in - still have the long security line, but you do get a special line for check in and getting sea pass, then get funneled back in the same line as everyone else to board, so not much value to this to me.
  • Express luggage delivery - no guarantee at all luggage will be there any earlier than others. I found with my inside cabin, I still had luggage by the time muster was over
  • Personalized Concierge service - anyone can visit the concierge desk on the ship. The concierge doesn't reach out to you prior to sailing so not any value here.
  • Priority disembarkation based on your travel needs - anyone can select any time to disembark, just stop by guest services if you get assigned to a group/time that you don't like
  • Complimentary shoeshine service - OK, this is nice if you arrive with badly worn shoes. But I wear my formal shoes so rarely, they still look brand new so I never use it even in suite.
  • Access to the exclusive Concierge Class Pre-departure Lounge. Big whoop, continental breakfast last day to wait for your disembarkation time. If captains club, you get same thing.

Dining
  • Main and specialty restaurant seating time preferences - almost anyone can request preferred dining times to be arranged if available. I've been in a suite and been told I couldn't get my time as they were simply just booked up. One thing about this though, is they do seem to hold back early, late and select dinning for reservation prior to boarding for those in concierge and up. It's been reported here people in standard cabins couldn't select late while those booking higher categories could on same sailings.
  • Expanded room service menu - if one enjoys room service this may be a decent perk, but also available with AquaClass

Amenities
  • Welcome Blanc de Blancs sparkling wine with a commemorative label featuring exclusive art work from the ArtCenter/South Florida artists - a nice feature, though many consider it battery acid (myself included, but it works in a pinch) - but also an Aqua perk
  • Pillow menu to suit your sleeping preferences - many can't even find the pillow menu, and truth is, ask cabin steward for a different type of pillow in any cabin, and they will find it for you.
  • Daily delivery of Afternoon Savories - nice, but you must be in the cabin to accept delivery. Also an Aqua perk.
  • Plush bathrobes - if important, but standard cabins have bathrobes too, just not as "plush".
  • Fresh fruit - Nice, but its also on the buffet if you really want it. Lately it's been a try of 3 green apples.
  • Custom-blended bath amenities - nice, but I have no issue with she standard branded stuff either.
  • Use of binoculars and golf umbrella - nice sure, but important? And binoculars are quite cheap - and thy aren't your to take home, you will be billed if you do.
  • Extra handheld hair dryer - isn't one enough?
  • Celebrity tote bag - I got a celebrity tote bag in an inside cabin this summer, it was more like a grocery store reusable version, but how many bags does one need to take home.

Stateroom Features
  • Hansgrohe® massaging shower head - may be nice if there were lots of water pressure, but even the one I have at home I never use anything but the normal shower feature. Aqua has at least 6 body sprays if such showering things are important, and I did like that feature, but felt it was a bit week. And I swear my inside cabin had a shower head that was changeable in patters and roughness, not sure if it's the brand they are pushing in concierge versus standard though.

So my advice would be, look for an Aqua Guarantee to open up on your sailing, likely it wont be much more than you paid (though you would likely lose any 123 related perks if you have them, which may negate the upgrade value).

ON my upcoming sailing, people that book Standard verandas during periods without 123 perks, have found they can upgrade to aqua for $25 per person in some cases. But if they would lose the 123 perk that $25 WOULD BE $25 PLUS THE $350 COST TO ADD THE BEVERAGE PACKAGE LOST, PER PERSON.

Edited by cle-guy

Hi TRIO ON THE MOVE,

Welcome to Cruise Critic & Celebrity.

You will gets of opinions on this and real value vs perceived (stuff that happens behind the scenes so no one knows if they really are true or not). In the end all that matters is what YOU think (and what you paid)

Personally, Mr Sloop & I like Concierge Class and the listed / received perks therein (from Celebrity's Website)

PLUS there are the extra Captain's Club Points. And some would say also better cabin locations on the ships (hard to argue that one... We do love the Aft Sunset C1s with oversized balconies on the M-Class Ships... And the Midship Angle to the Hump C2s with oversized balconies on the S-Class Ships... Of which the Silhouette is one)

Overall, We have no complaints.

Although I am sure we will miss the Cabin Flowers which have been eliminated since our last cruise :(

So what Is this all worth ?

Well in truth I would not pay oodles more than a top rated well located Standard 1A Veranda Cbin with oversized balcony... Considering that many of the "gift item" perks can be bought via a Celebrity Welcome Abard Pkg (which is priced in the $ 100 to $ 200 range).

So if you paid $ 100 per person extra, I would say you got a decent / fair deal.

What you need to know for future cruises is that it is not uncommon for Celebrity to actually price higher level cabins on sale at a level lower than the prices they may be asking for those with less amenities (ie Aqua cheaper than Concierge).

This is because cabin prices are based on demand... If Concierge is not selling well, they could be put on Sale lower than a Standard Balcony to spar interest / sell more. That is when they truly are a bargain !!

This is how we picked up an Aqua for an upcoming cruise... It was priced lower than our usual Concierge... Hard to resist. Looking forward to trying out Aqua for the first time

Cheers!

Ps... Go on your cruise armed with info / possible plans for another Celebrity you might like to take in the future. Some of the best cruise prices are given to Pax who book onboard (but do your homework beforehand so you can tell). Great perks & low commitment / deposits. We usually book a cruise hen we are on a cruise.

Just come back from Constellation cruise in a concierge balcony, our first Celebrity cruise. Only had the upgraded canin because of a special low price we managed to pick up. If I had paid the price the cabin went up to after we had booked, I would have been really disappointed.

No real benefit in paying extra for the cabin over a balcony cabin.

No priority embarkation as we arrived just before the cut off time.

No priority in booking tables.

Waited normal time for luggage.

No pillow menu.

No plus sized bath towels.

No second hairdryer (not that we needed one).

Do not drink sparkling wine so exchanged it after a great deal of bother for a red wine which was completely undrinkable and was poured down the sink.

Canapes are nasty.

Binoculars were used but fortunately not umbrella.

Had two tote bags, one ordinary and one of better quality.

Fruit plate was not really worth having.

The main benefit for us is the extra points in the Capt Club. For $100 difference I would have booked it too.

One point to note for newbies reading this thread, Concierge Cabins on M class ship are a slight bit larger than standard veranda cabins. I think I calculated it to be about 18" deeper, adding more room near the veranda. This is due mostly to their position midship. They are the sme width as other cabins.

S class, they are the same size interiors, but may have larger verandas depending on location.

But as this thread is specifically about Sillouhette, S class, cabin size isn't part of the dissuasion or the decision making process.

The main benefit for us is the extra points in the Capt Club. For $100 difference I would have booked it too.

Tried it once and really not worth the extra $ even if it is only $100/person. The only thing that could be considered by us would have been the extra points if you need them to get to the next CC level. Like others have said, it sounds like you are getting a lot on paper. However, when you get on-board, it really doesn't add up. JMHO!

We've a CC class cabin years ago on the Constellation and didn't see much value to it. We booked one for December on the Eclipse because it was only $50 pp more; still not sure if we should have spent the $50--guess we'll see.

The most valuable to me are the double points, which will send us to the next level.

Worth it to me for a couple of reasons. The foot stools on the balcony are almost worth it by themselves. I spend a lot of time on the balcony so that is a perk I like. Just like having a lounger.

Expanded breakfast room service. I know others say they can add anything they want to a regular cabin menu but we've never had that luck.

Location. Got a nice size balcony. I know I could also get a lower lever same balcony with a standard verandah but there wasn't one available when I booked.

I don't book it for the other stuff people mentioned. Really don't care about most of the others as we are Elite (for boarding) and have a drink package so that offsets most of the other benefits. Oh yea, the towels are a little nicer but nothing special.

I'd be very happy with it. But, as someone else said if you don't have the 123 perks then keep your eyes open. My next cruise was just on the Tuesday special and they had some great deals for a Suite guarantee but I'd lose everything. Not worth it.

enjoy

Do you still get the foot rest with the lounge chair on the balcony? It seems to be in some of the pictures, but it is not mentioned on the website.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ooooo good catch...

The reclining chairs & footstools are indeed awesome.

Lol, Know some CC Members who say they would book Concierge just for this perk alone

Cheers!

Ooooo good catch...

Lol, Know some CC Members who say they would book Concierge just for this perk alone

Cheers!

We did not have footstools on Constellation, just the reclining chairs and a coffee table.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

As Mel Brooks said in Spaceballs, it's all about marketing. Going through the Panama Canal in a C1 was beyond wonderful. It's like buying a house, there are 3 considerations, location, location and location.

We like the location of some of the C2 rooms on deck 12 of Silhouette. For us locations come 1st.

Ooooo good catch...

Cheers!

Yes, we originally had a 1A on the hump on our upcoming TA and I was looking for an inflatable footstool DH and I could share. Fortunately, an early price drop meant we snagged a C2 on the hump and we each have our own footstool! :D

We did not have footstools on Constellation, just the reclining chairs and a coffee table.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

This is the first time we have a C2 and the angle balcony and footrest were the main reason for booking.

Apparently not sure how to use the quote function as I referenced the wrong post.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by ceder5

Ooooo good catch...

Cheers!

That would be us (booking for the footstools).:p

OP, I'm a pretty frugal woman. I try to extend that to my husband. But when it comes to booking a cruise and picking the cabin, CC is the lowest the man will go. I married a brat! And as was mentioned, the C2 hump cabins, well, makes me happy we pay the extra for them.

We almost always cruise concierge (and Aqua at times) for one big reason - we get a great cabin on the hump with a large balcony and close to the elevator on the Resort Deck - we can't do better than that! We have our breakfast, every morning, on the balcony so we enjoy the extended menu also.

As for Aqua, once upon a time it was better, but I find it is now too rushed, the workers are run off their feet and I don't have that laid back feeling there anymore. Also Aqua cabins, in my opinion, are in the absolute worst location on the ship, but Celebrity has marketed them well - they couldn't give those cabins away before, so they added Blu, upped the price, and now they are all booked!!! I tip my hat to their marketing department.

Just got off the Silhouette, we were upgraded to a CC cabin 1075. We had booked a balcony because the cabins are all the same. We did have a very nice large covered balcony, with lounge chairs with a stool, plus a nice size table.

We always do breakfast in the cabin, actually wrote in a couple of items (sauteed mushrooms to go with eggs) on the menu and they were delivered. Did Room Service a few times late afternoon in lieu of dinner somewhere else, found the hamburger on the Room Service menu was very good, much better than the ones done upstairs at the Grill. The grill chicken sandwich on the Room Service menu was also very good.

We did get our elected time to get off the ship, we did not use the lounge though, decided for us it was best to simply wait on deck 3 til it was time to leave the ship. We went to the buffet early, then to deck 3 to wait, made getting off on deck 2 very easy.

The welcome aboard sparkling wine is not worth drinking, we exchanged it for a white wine.

We are elite on X, no longer feel the need to purchase a CC or Aqua class cabin. If we get an upgrade fine if not the cabins are all basically the same.

I just booked Silhouette for next summer's 12-day baltic cruise. I was interested in booking Concierge because we did one in Bermuda and it was very nice. However, this time it was more than $500 pp difference for Concierge. We require an accessible cabin and unfortunately the selection is very limited, hence the reason for the big price difference. I figured $1K difference simply wasn't worth it - use that money for excursions instead. If it was only $100 I would definitely do it.

The perks associated with concierge class are clearly noted on the celebrity web site, so only you can make the determination if they are worth it or not.

Read over the list and include the extra CC points that you will earn and then make an informed decision. Everyone is different, for me one of the main perks are the foot stools, I like to read on the balcony and it's great to be able to elevate my feet.