Beds moved together

Gerry P

I am a solo cruiser and have a question about pushing the 2 beds together in a cabin to have a queen size bed. Is this something I do when I get to my cabin? Or can I make a request beforehand? I also heard you can ask for a topper for your bed. If so how do I go about requesting one?

Thanks.

If the bed is not in queen mode when you board, the steward will do it for you, sometimes right away, sometimes not until he prepares the room in the evening. Request an egg crate topper from your steward if you find the bed is too hard. EM

I am a solo cruiser and have a question about pushing the 2 beds together in a cabin to have a queen size bed. Is this something I do when I get to my cabin? Or can I make a request beforehand? I also heard you can ask for a topper for your bed. If so how do I go about requesting one?

Thanks.

Your Cabin Steward will do all of this for you. He should introduce himself shortly after you board but if you don't seem him you may make your request through guest services.

Thanks.

Call whomever you booked with.

Bed configuration is part of the booking process.

Better to have it done in advance as steward has enough to do on turn around day to have to do thing twice.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Last cruise I was on I had the cabin to myself because my travel mate had to cancel. I asked my steward to move the beds together as I am used to a queen sized bed and at the time I was well over 300 pounds. The steward actually made some snide comments about me being alone. I told him that while I might be alone I preferred the beds be put together. He was quite reluctant to do so. Did NOT make me happy...

Last cruise I was on I had the cabin to myself because my travel mate had to cancel. I asked my steward to move the beds together as I am used to a queen sized bed and at the time I was well over 300 pounds. The steward actually made some snide comments about me being alone. I told him that while I might be alone I preferred the beds be put together. He was quite reluctant to do so. Did NOT make me happy...

What cruiseline was this on? And did you mention it to anyone?

I think it was on a RCCL thread that now they just put the beds together for day one (regardless of what you asked for). The steward will check with you and will separate them if you want them as twin beds. Seems now this is their new method to make for a faster turn around on Boarding day. They switch the configuration while you are at dinner.

I did read somewhere a couple of months ago that all beds are kept together now and you have to ask for them to be separated. I don't know where I saw this, could have been another cruise board.

I saw that too.

We have cruised both Carnival and Princess and both Lines have a preferences area on their website where you can mark what you prefer. Every time I have sailed it has been exactly how I have asked, but if you find yours to be incorrect just find your steward.

On Princess there's a phone number listed that you can call your cabin steward and let them know of any requests. On day one we were able to do this to do an egg crate and had no problem with this request.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks.

Will this cruise be on NCL ... which seems to be your cruise line of choice? Knowing which cruise line will help us better respond to you. ;)

LuLu

On Carnivals website when I log-on and go through everything there was a section that asked me. It had an area where I could select if I wanted the bed a king or 2 twins. I clicked on the banner that said how many days until boarding, then selected cruise details. On that page, just to the left, it has an area that says bedding and either says twins or king, if you select the ? it will allow you to change it. I am not sure if it will actually be this way when we get there but it did give the option.