Anthem Feb 13 Sailing would you cancel?

TNCruzer56

Yes, I would. We have sailed with Captain Claus before and would do so again in a heartbeat! The weather was not forecasted to be anywhere near as severe as it became and he got everyone through it safely. Yes, there was a lot of rough seas, but no serious injuries.

Should I ever board and find out that my sailing is being overseen by Captain Claus Andersen I will be very happy to know I am in the good hands of someone who has proven himself very capable in particularly extreme circumstances.

(ok, barring some reliable and verifiable information coming out that puts this recent incident in a wildly different light than current reasonable analysis indicates)

and his bunch of $$ hungry weather bug rejects. Would you take your beloved family aboard...I wouldn`t

you and your family would be a few less people I would have to wait in line behind to do any one of the awesome activities on board! i'd go WITHOUT HESITATION!

You must really be bored...

Have you thought about using some of that energy and doing something worth while... volunteer???

and YES !!! I would cruise with the capt...

Would you still go to Florida with the hurricanes and tornado's?

Calf. with the earthquakes???

and his bunch of $$ hungry weather bug rejects. Would you take your beloved family aboard...I wouldn`t

Just as well really as I would not want to be on a ship with someone as rude as you. This Captain, The Hotel Director and all the crew did an incredible job. Despite extremely rough seas, nobody was seriously hurt. I am some people were very scared, but they are safe, that is what matters. Who cares about a few downed ceiling tiles, and some broken plant pots, plates and glasses.

I would be very happy to have this crew on any future sailing.

A forecast last Thursday night (Feb 4) from the NWS Ocean Prediction Center said that by Sunday night, the Atlantic Ocean off the Carolinas would experience winds up to 50 knots (57.5 mph) and seas up to to 31 feet. By Saturday afternoon, forecasts were calling for 65 knot (75 mph)winds and seas to 11.5 meters (about 38 feet) by noon Sunday.

The Anthem has highly multiple sophisticated meteorological systems aboard.

On Saturday has was fully aware the monster was growing, (barometric pressure falling, isobars getting tighter and a defined "eye" was forming.

He knew this on SATURDAY. Armed with the information that the beast was growing, he just headed right into it.

On Sunday at 1 or 2, he could have turned around. pressure system

capture3.jpg?resize=800%2C548

Edited by TNCruzer56

If I had any interest in going out of Bayonne again I would. Maybe in a few years-warm ports have spoiled me :D And the captain and crew got everyone home safely. So yes if I had been scheduled to sail on Anthem I'd be there ready to cruise. No question.

Yep! If people are cancelling and I could make it work with travel, I'd be there, no questions asked..... OK, 1 question, Will the flowrider be working?

Your buddy NIATPAC29 (or is that your other screen name) already tried the same type poll and got blown up by all yeses. Good luck with yours. :rolleyes: