Has the RC website been compromised?

Guest maddycat
I'm using it from my normal home laptop. I haven't had this warning pop up before trying to access the site, so it's a bit weird. The reporting of malicious content is what concerns me. I'm trying to make a payment towards my cruise :eek:

About a week ago I had the same warning from Webroot concerning Cruise Critic. I clicked on the link "Tell me about it." in the warning and then contacted Webroot through the link to ask what the problem was. I mentioned that I had been going to CC daily for years with out a problem. They replied to my inquiry quickly and only said that they have CC listed as a travel site. No real reason for the warning.

I think that the CC warning was a mistake. The warning for RCI's site is most likely also a mistake.

They have a tech team?

When I read the title of this thread, my first thought was that it was Royal Caribbean's "tech team" that likely compromised the website (though not on purpose).

I would assume any big company has someone who deals with IT issues and their website

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm sure they do. And they should be able to devote more time to issues now that elementary school is out for the summer.

:eek: :D

I'm sure they do. And they should be able to devote more time to issues now that elementary school is out for the summer.

:eek: :D

I'm sorry :(. I'm new here, as someone pointed out in an earlier post. I would've deleted my post with the first reply to my post but the site won't allow me to. It's not very fun to keep getting notifications, pointing out my mistake. I was just trying to be helpful and get more involved in the pages. :(

Guest maddycat
About a week ago I had the same warning from Webroot concerning Cruise Critic. I clicked on the link "Tell me about it." in the warning and then contacted Webroot through the link to ask what the problem was. I mentioned that I had been going to CC daily for years with out a problem. They replied to my inquiry quickly and only said that they have CC listed as a travel site. No real reason for the warning.

I think that the CC warning was a mistake. The warning for RCI's site is most likely also a mistake.

I just tried going to RCI's site and got the same warning. I followed the advice that I gave you above and asked them for an explanation. Of course, I should have tried going to RCI's site before I posted the above.

I'm sorry :(. I'm new here, as someone pointed out in an earlier post. I would've deleted my post with the first reply to my post but the site won't allow me to. It's not very fun to keep getting notifications, pointing out my mistake. I was just trying to be helpful and get more involved in the pages. :(

It may also help to view the "smileys" in a post and assume they are attempting to set the tone of the post.

In other words, if the post has a ":D", it would be advisable to view it as sarcasm or a joke and not "get your panties in a wad" :p

BTW...welcome to Cruise Critic. The discussion board where someone easily offended should tread carefully.

Don't get too hung up on it. People are just having a little fun, and MOST have no intention of being mean. :)

Guest maddycat

OK, I just went to RCI's website on the same computer but using a different browser (AOL) and I didn't get the Webroot warning. When I got the warning I was using Firefox. Then I tried going to RCI using IE and once again I got the Webroot warning.

This is very strange. I keep telling my husband that our computers are haunted.

It wasn't your mistake, it was mine by not putting my :rolleyes::D on the first post. Then you would have known it was a joke.

I also use Webroot and it is coming up with the same warning. I was just on RCCL website yesterday without any issues. I wonder if it is something they posted with their new sale that is causing it to think it is malware. :(

Same exact warning came up when I accessed RCI website also.

And actually came up a couple of days ago trying to access the

Cruise Critic website.

I have also have Webroot, plus I have Windows 10, and using a laptop.

Clicking on "tell me more" it states "this website has been reported to

have malicious software". Just be careful what you click on.

I am not getting the warning message any longer, and my scans

reveal no malware.

Maybe it was pointing out the malicious posters on CC. :D

Poking fun at Royal's IT team is a favorite pastime on this board. You're one of the gang now! ; )

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have noticed that after making a "ghost" booking to check prices. I get emails from Royal about finishing the booking. I don't fill out any info when making the "ghost" booking. So the only way they could get my email is with a "cookie" That might have something to do with the alerts you are getting.

I have noticed that after making a "ghost" booking to check prices. I get emails from Royal about finishing the booking. I don't fill out any info when making the "ghost" booking. So the only way they could get my email is with a "cookie" That might have something to do with the alerts you are getting.

I get the same thing..................you could be on to something!:eek:

Is it a chocolate chip cookie?

I have no problem accessing the web site BUT I used to be able to search different cabins and categories as of let as soon as I choose the category I want it take me to the sighn in page to book the cruise and I can't just search. Did they change something?

Once you choose your cabin Category ( OV, Balcony etc )the next page should be showing you a Cabin choice in a box with an Edit Link to change to a different number along with Deck Plans. If you edit the cabin choice they select, you can also change the Deck which is located to the Right on that page unless there are no more cabins available on that Deck. When i looked for our cruise for 2018, I switched the Deck 10 to 9.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

I have no problem accessing the web site BUT I used to be able to search different cabins and categories as of let as soon as I choose the category I want it take me to the sighn in page to book the cruise and I can't just search. Did they change something?

It depends on how far back you are referring to. Last weekend, last year, last time the website was actually user friendly?