New daily wine pour policy now on Journey

excitedofharpenden

Didn't we use to have a choice on the wines? Somehow I remember choosing between a chardonnay and a sauvignon blanc... The wines used to change daily. Are they going to be now the same wines during the whole cruise?

Edited by travelberlin

Didn't we use to have a choice on the wines? Somehow I remember choosing between a chardonnay and a sauvignon blanc... The wines used to change daily. Are they going to be now the same wines during the whole cruise?

No, there are now four different wine choices available on each day. Two Red, two White. And of course, the always available Rose.

The wines still rotate on a daily basis, so your general choices have not been restricted....you just can choose from more variety without having to ask for yesterday's wine if you don't fancy today's wine.

The included wines last week on Journey were very good. Thank you once again Azamara.

AZ Affecionados!

Most excellent news that we will be given even more choice and if the could slip in a prosseco or cava in the white option, we would be most happy cruisers! Well done AZ!

Turangi!

AZ Affecionados!

Most excellent news that we will be given even more choice and if the could slip in a prosseco or cava in the white option, we would be most happy cruisers! Well done AZ!

Turangi!

Great news! Please forgive me for a bit off subject but is your profile picture of a Beardie?

Edited by SkystheLimit

No, there are now four different wine choices available on each day. Two Red, two White. And of course, the always available Rose.

The wines still rotate on a daily basis, so your general choices have not been restricted....you just can choose from more variety without having to ask for yesterday's wine if you don't fancy today's wine.

The included wines last week on Journey were very good. Thank you once again Azamara.

Thank you for the clarification! Great news!

Looking forward to enjoying a glass of nice, dry summertime wine on our balcony as we sail out of Venice in less than two weeks!

Is the included rosé (pink) wine the same throughout the cruise, or does it change? If it remains the same, is it dry or sweet? Based on what I've read, I'm already bringing a couple of bottles of champagne, but want to know if there is anything else I need to pack. :cool:

I'm sorry to be the buzz-kill on this topic but I've been told this is still in the trial period, not 100% yet.

I'd recommend those of you sailing now write in your feedback that you like having the complimentary '2 red & 2 white' wine option. The management will be paying close attention to the end of cruise surveys during this trial period.

P.s. If you're wondering, I have shared your feedback on this thread.

Bonnie,

We like many are really pleased with Azamara having this trial period with the wine choice. Hope the current guests give positive feedback. As the % number feeding back is just on one cruise then I expect this feedback wouldn't be that many - will they trial it for longer that this cruise? Hope that it works well for the waiting on staff, back of house teams too...bearing in mind if they can manage remembering what is complimentary liqueur and the complimentary cocktails ingredients etc and what is extra then this should be a walk in the park!

Hope this choice continues and that many CC guests keep up with this thread.

We are pleased to hear of the trial of the 2 red and 2 white options for the complimentary wines and hope these options are still available when next we cruise, hopefully later this year.

The waiters will be presented with less of a dilemma when a passenger does not like the single choice of one red and one white. The choice of 2 red/white should be cost neutral over the term of a voyage.

As per the previous contributor let us hope that passengers applaud the move on their feedback.

It is once again good to see that Azamara listens.

Hopefully they will receive positive feedback and continue with the 2 offerings..In addition it would be great if Azamara took note of all the guests who would like to see a prosecco included as well..

We cruised last year for the first time on Quest and found the wine selction a bit limited..We will be on Journey in September and I had started to look at the wine by the glass upgrade so that I had a bigger selection to choose from..With a cost of $29.95pp per day negates the AI aspect, but that is just my opinion..My husband on the other hand is happy with the included wines at diiner, his tipple is beer during the day but is also thinking of adding on the beer package as again the seletion is limited..

I realise it's impossible to keep everyone happy but why do Azamara not have a survey just to see what we would like and I'm sure guests would appreciate this..

I'm really hoping the trial will continue during our cruise at the beginning of August! This will be our first cruise on Azamara and I know already that the lack of wine selection is a bit of an issue for us. We have the Like package and realized it doesn't add any wines for us [emoji15] [emoji485][emoji485][emoji485]. I'm used to Celebrity where if you have a drink package it includes your drink of preference [emoji6][emoji485][emoji485]