What Defines A B2B?

SteadyBetty

Is it you take two cruises back to back on the same ship, but have different itineraries? If so, do you stay in the same cabin?

Is it you take two cruises back to back, but on different ships with different itineraries?

Is it possible to do this on RCCL?

I'm intrigued. Thanks!

On a back to back on the same ship, you may or may not have the same cabin. If you want the same cabin for both legs, best to book early. Don't know that there's any one definition of a back-to-back.

Roz

We often did b-to-b's on the same ship but did different itineraries. HAL often offers an Eastern/Western Caribbean itinerary that alternates. We loved the Caribbean so much and went so often for so many years, we sometimes booked same itinerary b-to-b and did different things the second segment or had a chance to enjoy again something we particularly like.

A b-to-b is same ship, consecutive sailings. If you change ships, it is not really a b-to-b.

It is possible to do b-to-b on any ship assuming there isn't a charter one of the segments you want. Sometimes there will be a PVSA situation that bars staying aboard because the itinerary would violate that law.

We always have same cabin as we book early and only book b-to-b for segments our same cabin is available.

Right.

Back to Back cruises are on the same ships but don't have to be in the same room.

Others consider boing from one ship to the other to be a back to back side to side.

Keith

I know the terms vary but I call two cruises, same cruise line, different ship to be consecutive cruises. When you change ships, you start again.

Some people change ports as mentioned above as well as cruise line.

They may sail into Miami on NCL, transfer to Port Everglades and sail Celebrity or HAL.

OR they may sail Celebrity from Port Everglades and then switch to HAL for the next cruise out of Port Everglades.

So many options........ aren't we lucky? :)

We are lucky.

I used to define it literally but learned over the years that people don't so I adjusted.

Very similar to a world cruise.

Some say I've taken a world cruise and while some view that as a full world cruise some sue the same term even if they have taken one segment.

It's all good. LOL but true.

Keith

Just me 2 cents.

We have done dozens of back-to-back and it was always explained to us that it meant we stayed on the same ship but did 2 different itineraries. Our first cruises was a back-to-back out of San Juan.

We always book far in advance so that we get the same cabin.

Changing ships and/or ports -- to me this is not a true back-to-back cruise.

It doesn't have to be a different itinerary to be a B2B. If you stay on the same ship and it does the same itinerary (whether in reverse or not), that's B2B.

Even so, I use the term B2B loosely. If you change ships, have a layover, or drive a couple hours to a nearby port, I still like to call it B2B, so long as people know what I'm talking about. My goal is to convey a point--not to be grammatically correct.

It doesn't have to be a different itinerary to be a B2B. If you stay on the same ship and it does the same itinerary (whether in reverse or not), that's B2B.

Even so, I use the term B2B loosely. If you change ships, have a layover, or drive a couple hours to a nearby port, I still like to call it B2B, so long as people know what I'm talking about. My goal is to convey a point--not to be grammatically correct.

Not to be picky, but the term B2B means something, or nothing. Your definition covers almost anything. I suppose your definition can be summed up as taking two cruises in a row. I suppose you have a time element involved. I suppose you would not call taking a cruise in one month, laying off for a month and then taking another to be a B2B?

Personally, I prefer the definition that a B2B is two consecutive cruises on the same ship. But, that's me...

If I'm staying on the ship during the day when almost all other people are getting off and many new people are getting on, I call that a B2B. However, some cruise lines have muddied the situation by selling itineraries in overlapping configurations, e.g., you can purchase either A-B, B-C, C-D, A-C, A-D, B-D, all as single trips. The advantageous part of that is the price you pay for B-D, for example, is less than the sum of the prices for B-C plus C-D.

Recently, we did a TA, stayed in Europe for a week, then did a Black Sea cruise. B2B? Nope, just a great trip.

Not to be picky, but the term B2B means something, or nothing. Your definition covers almost anything. I suppose your definition can be summed up as taking two cruises in a row. I suppose you have a time element involved. I suppose you would not call taking a cruise in one month, laying off for a month and then taking another to be a B2B?

Personally, I prefer the definition that a B2B is two consecutive cruises on the same ship. But, that's me...

I guess in your eyes - I doing only a 2 week B2B since both trips are on the same ship instead of a 3 week one, since one of the parts ends on Saturday on one ship and continuing the very next day on different ship....

Personally, the you quoted is right - as long as the next part of the trip is happening within a day or two from each other, its still a B2B.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Is it you take two cruises back to back on the same ship, but have different itineraries? If so, do you stay in the same cabin?

Is it you take two cruises back to back, but on different ships with different itineraries?

I'm intrigued. Thanks!

Most people I have discussed this with consider a B2B to be two cruises on the same ship consecutively.

RC does this. However the two cruises are considered as two individual cruises with separate sea pass accounts and reservation numbers. There is no price break.

You can decide whether you want the same cabin or move .... Your choice based on when you book and what is available. Stewards will help you move if you decide to move.

It varies from ship-to-ship as to the actual procedure on turnaround day. Have found it to be very easy. You have to clear customs for the first cruise and can either re-board immediately or if you wish to leave the ship you are given a card indicating you are in transit and can skip lines re-boarding.

Received complimentary lunch at Giovanni's on the Allure. I think they often do a lunch for the B2B cruisers on most of the RC ships.

Itineraries depend on what you book. Have done eastern/western Caribbean and also TA followed by Caribbean.

Most consider a

Back to back

2 cruise one after the other, on the same ship, regardless of itineraries.

Sometimes you may have the same cabin, other times a change of cabin:eek:

Side to side,

As above on different ships, same line or not

Yes RCCL offer this, you just book two cruises.

Nothing magical about it, I just book longer cruises.

I am doing, shortly what I consider 1 cruise, Circumnavigation of Australia, Princess consider it one cruise, yet many say it is b2b because it is also being sold as two separate cruises

Sydney-Perth

Perth - Sydney

But does it really matter?

Personally I can't see how.

If you look through the Princess Cruise Atlas you will see that some cruises consist of 2 others back to back. For example eastern and western Caribbean. There is usually a discount with that arrangement but sometimes booking as separate cruises can give more onboard credit (or much less). You have to do the calculations.

Most lines in the Caribbean have their own private "islands" as a stop for one day. You will therefore stop there twice. You also have a wasted day during the cruise change unless you can plan a tour that day. There will be very limited onboard activities.

If you look through the Princess Cruise Atlas you will see that some cruises consist of 2 others back to back. For example eastern and western Caribbean. There is usually a discount with that arrangement but sometimes booking as separate cruises can give more onboard credit (or much less). You have to do the calculations.

Most lines in the Caribbean have their own private "islands" as a stop for one day. You will therefore stop there twice. You also have a wasted day during the cruise change unless you can plan a tour that day. There will be very limited onboard activities.

Having done B2B Caribbean cruises with RC, doing the eastern and western Caribbean, we did not repeat the private islands. Stopped at both their private locations.

No discount for B2B on RC.

Disagree about wasting a day. Just about everything on board the Allure and Oasis was open except the shops, which are not open in any port.

Passengers disembark early and the next set of passengers is usually boarding by 11:00 a.m so everything that can open in port is open. There was time to have breakfast, disembark to clear customs at 10:00, and if you wished get right back on the ship. Never felt like a wasted day.

<snip>

Wasted Day? We have done dozens of b-to-b's and we had not a single wasted day. Was it a day you would enjoy? Who knows but it was days we enjoyed.

Sometimes we stayed on the ship, had room service breakfast, read books, watched a movie, walked laps on wrap around Promenade Deck and sometimes the pool was open and we used it.

Sometimes we went ashore in FLL and went to a local hotel where we have lots of friends and spend the late morning and early afternoon having lunch at their outdoor patio restaurant at the pool, saw our friends and enjoyed a swim.

A few times we went shopping in FLL.......

Your 'waste' could be someone else's good time. :)

I'm intrigued. Thanks!

Ours are same ship and same cabin.