White capris or pants - NOT see thru!

Ladies, I need your help. I want a pair of white pants or capris with a fabric that panties cannot be seen! It seems even higher end brands still have thin fabric. It doesn't matter to me if lined or unlined, just so long as they are heavy enough.

Also prefer a flat waist / side zip as I will likely wear them with tunic tops, etc and want a flat front.

Thanks so much...I KNOW several of you will have the perfect pair!

If you wear NUDE panties...beigy...you can't see them...even under "see thru" fabrics! I have NO white underwear at all. So, buy the pants that fit you...and wear the right underwear!

Edited by cb at sea

I don't call them perfect but my go to pants are white cotton knit with elastic waist. Yep just as old lady as you can get but they work well especially for flying (but that is usually the brown or black or blue ones). I have not seen any side zip pants lately but then I look for elastic as thumbs are all bent out of shape!

I love my white jeans that stretch (2 % spandex). Some brands fit better than others but when you find the ones that you like there are several colors or styles available. Warning that jeans are hard to get dry in humid places. Still like them and also kahkis as many colors and styles go with them. I find that chiffon types dress pants in basic black gets lots of wear on cruise -- don't show dirt/multiple tops from fancy to plain and elegant to "full of personality" go with the same pair of pants -- no one pays attention if you wear black pants five days in a row but I think I would notice the white pants more.

I am really trying to live by the "take less clothes and more money" mantra. Dragging around clothes for 30 days is just too tiring! I take the same number of items for 5 days as for the 30 -- only variation is for hot or cold weather extremes.

I have white capris from QVC that are not see through. They are a cotton/spandex twill. They have a flat front, elastic back, no zipper. The website is qvc.com. I'm getting an error message there right now or I'd look up the item number for you.

Vicki

I just bought these recently. You can't see thru them. Very comfortable, but no side zipper. I bought them in several colors including white. And they are on sale. :D

Gloria Vanderbilt Amanda Denim Skimmer Pants

http://www.kohls.com/search.jsp?search=Gloria+Vanderbilt+Amanda+skimmer&submit-search=web-regular

more capris/skimmers

http://www.kohls.com/catalog/womens-gloria-vanderbilt-clearance-crops-capris-bottoms-clothing.jsp?CN=4294720878+4294874337+4294736457+4294719456+4294719807+4294719810&S=4

Edited by ReneeFLL

If you wear NUDE panties...beigy...you can't see them...even under "see thru" fabrics! I have NO white underwear at all. So, buy the pants that fit you...and wear the right underwear!

My mom taught me this from a young age...good for me, but now I've had a lifetime of being horrified at what others wear without realizing. Do they not know or not care??? Horrid panty lines or prints under white. Ugh.

Anyway, I still would prefer a nicer fabric, as often the light ones look bad in the front if they have pockets (you see the seams) and well, I guess I have to confess, its not JUST for not seeing panties...its for not seeing dimples and cellulite too!! The thinner fabrics just show too much.

ps Also goes for bras under white or sheer tops...beige or nude instead of white!

I only own "nude" color underclothes, but you were asking about white capris. I have several that I love from Macy's. The brand is JM Collection. The picture won't show up in white, these are khaki.

1956318_fpx.tif?bgc=255,255,255&wid=164&qlt=90,0&layer=comp&op_sharpen=0&resMode=bicub&op_usm=0.7,1.0,0.5,0&fmt=jpeg

On sale for $25!!! That's 50% off! Probably more at checkout with Labor Day Sale!!! :D

http://www1.macys.com/shop/womens-clothing/womens-pants/Brand,Sortby,Productsperpage/JM%20Collection,ORIGINAL,40?id=157&edge=hybrid

There are many styles and colors and if you find something you like, buy it now!

Edited by 5326jan

Even when wearing nude-for-you undergarments, I don't want see through pants! Just because you can't tell what color my underwear is doesn't mean you can't see my skin :p I believe pants should be opaque.

I like Talbots pants - their side entry ankle fit is on sale now too - http://www.talbots.com/online/browse/product_details.jsp?id=prdi32391&N=10366+4294966558&No=12&selectedConcept=&_=1409144033160&Nrpp=12&Nr=AND(product.siteId%3ATalbotsSite%2COR(product.catalogId%3Acatalog20002))

For the longest time, when I was larger, I wouldn't wear side zip pants - when you have big boobs, doing the zipper & hook is HARD! I'm smaller now, and will occasionally wear a side zip, but they're still not my favorite....

(J Jill also has nice white pants - and their linen isn't usually see through, which I really appreciate! But I don't think they have any side zip right now...)

I just bought these recently. You can't see thru them. Very comfortable, but no side zipper. I bought them in several colors including white. And they are on sale. :D

http://www.kohls.com/search.jsp?search=Gloria+Vanderbilt+Amanda+skimmer&submit-search=web-regular

more capris/skimmers

http://www.kohls.com/catalog/womens-gloria-vanderbilt-clearance-crops-capris-bottoms-clothing.jsp?CN=4294720878+4294874337+4294736457+4294719456+4294719807+4294719810&S=4

I can't get the above pictures to load, but I have a pair of white Gloria Vanderbilt capris--maybe the skimmers above, as they have embroidery on the pockets and are shorter than many capris--that do not show through and are very comfy. They are just right for me as the legs are narrower and shorter than many; too long and wide and I look dumpy.

They do have front zips though--I'm not sure I've seen many side zip capris, although that would have been the case in the true classic capris like Audrey Hepburn wore.

I only own "nude" color underclothes, but you were asking about white capris. I have several that I love from Macy's. The brand is JM Collection. The picture won't show up in white, these are khaki.

1956318_fpx.tif?bgc=255,255,255&wid=164&qlt=90,0&layer=comp&op_sharpen=0&resMode=bicub&op_usm=0.7,1.0,0.5,0&fmt=jpeg

On sale for $25!!! That's 50% off! Probably more at checkout with Labor Day Sale!!! :D

http://www1.macys.com/shop/womens-clothing/womens-pants/Brand,Sortby,Productsperpage/JM%20Collection,ORIGINAL,40?id=157&edge=hybrid

There are many styles and colors and if you find something you like, buy it now!

Macy's has a special 20% discount for Labor Day.

Code is DEALS.

I really like the look of these...but very limited sizes left, and not mine. :(

I'll check out J Jill & Cache.

My mom taught me this from a young age...good for me, but now I've had a lifetime of being horrified at what others wear without realizing. Do they not know or not care??? Horrid panty lines or prints under white. Ugh.

Anyway, I still would prefer a nicer fabric, as often the light ones look bad in the front if they have pockets (you see the seams) and well, I guess I have to confess, its not JUST for not seeing panties...its for not seeing dimples and cellulite too!! The thinner fabrics just show too much.

ps Also goes for bras under white or sheer tops...beige or nude instead of white!

Yep, nude bra and nude knickers (big) - nobody wants to see that hipster line either.

Thank goodness for M&S :) (they ship to US too).

Dillard's (if you have one in your area) had the JM brand today, slim fit, side zip for $13 today. Didn't have my size 😔. Kohls also has Croft & Barrow & Sonoma. Good weight, nice fit not side zip tho. Good luck. White House/Black Market might have some too

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have a pair from WH|BM from a couple years ago that are lined and not at all see through. Like to the point that you could wear almost any color underwear and they wouldn't show. Unfortunately my favorite pair of white pants were Eileen Fisher and were lost in the laundry on a cruise. :(

I have white jeans, capris, and crop pants from the Quacker Factory label from QVC. The fabric is a knit, made to look like denim, and it is called Dream Jeannes. Put Quacker Factory Dream Jeannes in the search line, and you will get a multitude of separates you can mix and match. They fit very well, they are comfortable for travel (in the darker colors), and the fabric (95% cotton, 5% spandex) is soft and forgiving, yet they do not blow out at the hip or knee, they keep their shape. I bought a couple of Jeanne jackets, as well. (Jeanne was the founder's name, hence the spelling.)

I also have a white pair from QVC....Denim & Co. They are not see

through at all.

I have these in white, navy and purple......no zipper, flat front and

light elastic in the back. They say capri's in the description but they

are longer on me and that is ok:)...and they do have pockets too.:D

http://www.qvc.com/Denim-&-Co.-Original-Waist-Stretch-Capri-Pants-w-Side-Pockets.product.A14924.html?sc=A14924-ISRC

I also have a white pair from QVC....Denim & Co. They are not see

through at all.

I have these in white, navy and purple......no zipper, flat front and

light elastic in the back. They say capri's in the description but they

are longer on me and that is ok:)...and they do have pockets too.:D

http://www.qvc.com/Denim-&-Co.-Original-Waist-Stretch-Capri-Pants-w-Side-Pockets.product.A14924.html?sc=A14924-ISRC

Love Denim & Co! It is a good all-around brand for basics. I have not tried this particular style, but lots of good color choices. :) I have become very addicted to the knit fabric of Quacker Factory, but D&Co. is definitely a go-to brand.

Guest maddycat

more capris/skimmers

I have 3 pairs of the Gloria Vanderbilt Amanda capris in different colors. I love how they fit. The only problem is that the denim is heavy and warm. I wear them on cooler, less humid days during the summer hre in NJ. If I bring them on a cruise it will be to wear on sea days in the ac on the ship, not on the islands in the Caribbean.

I also love Gloria Vanderbilt Amanda jeans. They're the only jeans that I wear. They're very slenderizing.

Ladies, I need your help. I want a pair of white pants or capris with a fabric that panties cannot be seen! It seems even higher end brands still have thin fabric. It doesn't matter to me if lined or unlined, just so long as they are heavy enough.

Also prefer a flat waist / side zip as I will likely wear them with tunic tops, etc and want a flat front.

Thanks so much...I KNOW several of you will have the perfect pair!

I usually buy white capris/pants in denim material. Regardless of brand it seems they are the only ones I do not have to wear beige panties underneath.

Love Denim & Co! It is a good all-around brand for basics. I have not tried this particular style, but lots of good color choices. :) I have become very addicted to the knit fabric of Quacker Factory, but D&Co. is definitely a go-to brand.

Women with Control brand is good too that QVC carries. I do not think younger slim women will not like those as they are pull up but first I am an older gal of 60, and second I have had a c-section middle I was 30. The front is flat enough I can wear a tunic top with them and they work fairly well,as good as side zippers do.

HOWEVER my white pair of them does require the beige/nude panties.