Crown and Anchor

Kisigi

I'm hoping some of the Royal Caribbean experts on Cruise Critic can answer this question.

We are going on a 12 night cruise on the Anthem and that will move us from Emerald to Diamond. Will we be diamond on that cruise or only after?

I'm hoping some of the Royal Caribbean experts on Cruise Critic can answer this question.

We are going on a 12 night cruise on the Anthem and that will move us from Emerald to Diamond. Will we be diamond on that cruise or only after?

It takes about a week (6 days seems to be the norm) for your points to be added from a completed cruise.

I was told by RCCL while booking to go at customer service on board and the day you supposed to become diamond it will happen......:rolleyes:

I was told by RCCL while booking to go at customer service on board and the day you supposed to become diamond it will happen......:rolleyes:

I suspect some of these customer service people have never been on a cruise and are just making up answers as they go along.

You seem to be under the misapprehension that points are awarded daily - they are in fact awarded at the completion of the cruise. So they day you are 'supposed to become X' (diamond in this case) is the day you disembark.

I hit Diamond on my last cruise. One of the bar staff said he'd seen people with stickers on their cards, which were placed there after they got to diamond on that particular cruise. I tried but it didn't happen. I wasn't expecting to so I wasn't that disappointed. I'll just enjoy my new status in May on Ovation, instead.

I hit Diamond on my last cruise. One of the bar staff said he'd seen people with stickers on their cards, which were placed there after they got to diamond on that particular cruise. I tried but it didn't happen. I wasn't expecting to so I wasn't that disappointed. I'll just enjoy my new status in May on Ovation, instead.

I've seen the stickers used most often when someone is in the middle of consecutive cruises and attained a new level on the previous cruise.

On a recent B2B, I was told it would not happen mid-cruise. I did go to the loyalty desk onboard during the 1st cruise and she made a notation I would reach Diamond after the cruise was completed. After the first cruise was over, closed out by the corporate office, they issued a card with Diamond status for me.

Quite a few had the same issue, confusing at first. As a consecutive cruiser, they issue a new sea pass card during the 1st cruise, which has old status. There was quite a line at the loyalty desk, until she explained previous cruise has to be closed out by early evening we could get new cards, no big deal.

Edited by susancruzs

I had some friends recently that went from Emerald to Diamond in the middle of a cruise. They went and asked the Loyalty Ambassador about it and she did apply the Diamond sticker to their cards. Then they enjoyed the Diamond Concierge Lounge for the rest of the cruise.

You never know! It probably depends on the ship but would not hurt to just ask.

From the website,

What are Cruise Points and why do they matter?

A: Cruise Points are the "Points" that determine your status in the Crown & Anchor Society. Different cruise situations earn different Cruise Point amounts. For instance, if you are a Crown & Anchor Society member and you complete a 12-night cruise or longer, you could be eligible for 12 Cruise Points. Each non-discounted cruise typically earns 1 Cruise Point per Night you complete on the ship, although other terms and conditions apply. Points are not recorded or applied until after you complete your sailing. For example, if you are graduating from Gold to Platinum tier level on your current sailing, you will not receive Platinum level benefits until your next sailing.

Cruise Points are important if you are a member of the Crown & Anchor Society because the more Cruise Points you have, the more benefits you're entitled to. For a complete list of the membership levels and benefits of the Crown & Anchor Society, check out our Member Benefits page in the Crown & Anchor section the RoyalCaribbean.com website.

IMO asking the loyalty ambassador to make an exception to this policy and allowing you to move up a level mid cruise is just putting them the awkward position of having to say no.

I had some friends recently that went from Emerald to Diamond in the middle of a cruise. They went and asked the Loyalty Ambassador about it and she did apply the Diamond sticker to their cards. Then they enjoyed the Diamond Concierge Lounge for the rest of the cruise.

You never know! It probably depends on the ship but would not hurt to just ask.

That Loyalty Ambassador shouldn't be in that position if she can't follow and adhere to company policy.

I got a sticker once because our cards were not printed correctly. I think it was between gold and platinum. We also got the appropriate coupon book. :D

Things have changed as everything is loaded into the computer, no more coupon books. I agree about not expecting it mid cruise. I was perfectly fine once I talked to her, waiting until my following cruise.

Discounts for laundry, internet, were all automatic on the card. Same with getting a drink in the evening, slid my card, no problem.

Edited by susancruzs

IMO asking the loyalty ambassador to make an exception to this policy and allowing you to move up a level mid cruise is just putting them the awkward position of having to say no.

There are many posts here on Cruise Critic from people who were OUTRAGED that they were told "no".

"And she was SO rude about it......"

No, YOU were rude.

That may be true but on a recent cruise the loyalty ambassador said that was the #1 question they got so I suspect most if not all loyalty ambassadors are used to it.

There are many posts here on Cruise Critic from people who were OUTRAGED that they were told "no".

"And she was SO rude about it......"

No, YOU were rude.

Probably just one more thing for them to add in their list of complaints that they write to Royal about trying to get a bunch of OBC for their next cruise.

If turning Diamond during a cruise why not ask? If the Loyalty Ambassador or C&A Rep can they will. I as a business owner I will give extra perks as I see it.

Do you guys know that these reps dont have any wiggle room.

Dont complain about it but go ahead and ask.

Edited by harry0

If turning Diamond during a cruise why not ask? If the Loyalty Ambassador or C&A Rep can they will. I as a business owner I will give extra perks as I see it.

Do you guys know that these reps dont have any wiggle room.

Dont complain about it but go ahead and ask.

Totally different. As a business owner, you go by your own rules. As an employee, the LA must abide by the rules set by his/her employer. Either break the rules or make someone unhappy. IMO, it's very rude to put them in that position.

Totally different. As a business owner, you go by your own rules. As an employee, the LA must abide by the rules set by his/her employer. Either break the rules or make someone unhappy. IMO, it's very rude to put them in that position.

Do you know for a fact that there is no wiggle room for LA? Sounds like there is. IMO Ask away. Dont beg but ask and maybe she will allow you into the lounge for a few nights. I for one would not have any problem with it. Has a bartender ever bought you a drink on the house? I was never a bartender but I am sure the owner lets things slide. I think the LA might be able to bend the rules a little bit and the management is ok with it. After all we are not talking safety issues-we are talking perks. But we can agree to disagree and move on.

All I know is we are on the Allure in 9 days-Hooray!!!!

Happy Cruising!!!