Go Best now only offering Classic Beverage Package instead of Premium

MAHA

Just loggeg into the new Celebrity website and when I look for a cruise and put in the Go Best offer, the beverage package is only the Classic, not the Premium. Does anyone know if this is what they are offering now?

Thanks!

Mary Anne

That is what they have always offered for the most part. We have never got the Premium pkg with the GoBig promo.Never have done the Go Best so not sure.

Go Best has always been premium. That's what the OP is talking about. Still showing as Premium package in Australia.

I am in Ohio and just checked the Nov cruise I am booked on.

First: I hate the new website. Maybe I need to get used to it but as of right now I don't like it. You can't tell what category cabin you are getting. I am not sure if they are going to start distancing from going by category cabin (2D, 2C, 2B, ETC). Instead I get an option of front, midship and back and the various decks. Each comes with its price. Does this mean that our 1 category upgrade might be going away sometime in the near future?

Second, Go Better still gives you the option to select 2 perks: Internet, Prepaid grats, OBC and Classic Package. However, just like someone mentioned before, the go Best in the new website I get includes the CLASSIC PACKAGE only, no longer premium. So for my upcoming cruise, it will cost an extra $315/person to get all 4 but I will get a lower value (I believe it cost the same to get 4 before and get premium). By diminishing the value of what I get I know feel like I not longer need to check for get 4 special offers.

Edited by Sandy1975

Since the Classic now allows you to pay the difference between the drink price and the threshold for drinks in the respective packages, maybe Celebrity is thinking about merging the two packages in the future and allowing everyone to pay the amount between and arbitrary number, like $9 or $13 and the cost set for the drink by celebrity. Selling a single package with an arbitrary number of say $11, then raising the drink prices, and finally allowing everyone who has a package pay the difference would generate even more revenue than the current system. Changing the minimum price for a drink to $14 and up would make this even more cost effective. Everybody pays.

Since the Classic now allows you to pay the difference between the drink price and the threshold for drinks in the respective packages, maybe Celebrity is thinking about merging the two packages in the future and allowing everyone to pay the amount between and arbitrary number, like $9 or $13 and the cost set for the drink by celebrity. Selling a single package with an arbitrary number of say $11, then raising the drink prices, and finally allowing everyone who has a package pay the difference would generate even more revenue than the current system. Changing the minimum price for a drink to $14 and up would make this even more cost effective. Everybody pays.

They just moved various brands from the classic to the premium so unless they raise the limits I would not be Ok with paying a difference (unless over 13) if I purchased and / or paid for the upgrade to premium. If this is how things are going to be then they need to refund probably lots of people and are overall lowering the value of the packages.

They just moved various brands from the classic to the premium so unless they raise the limits I would not be Ok with paying a difference (unless over 13) if I purchased and / or paid for the upgrade to premium. If this is how things are going to be then they need to refund probably lots of people and are overall lowering the value of the packages.

Under Australian Consumer law they cannot do this for already booked Best packages (ie switch from Premium to Classic). I've just done a print out of our July booking that states we booked Premium, just in case they try a swifty.

From memory Late April/May they tried a similar switch when they raised the price of drinks so that the Classic package no longer covered them - again we were booked on a cruise in July.

Swapping the package for classic is ok for new bookings where the people know in advance (and using the new website) but not those with existing bookings or new bookings using the old website.

From Canada. Using the new website I still see the Premium Package under the Go Best offer.

At work I will check using a different browser. It is just wrong to have so many different versions around. I really don't understand how some can still see premium under best and others premium. On my cell I also only see classic under best. You also can't see what may be included in each package, it is just a generic description.

I can't really do anything for my reservations under de new website. I hope they fix the bugs. While the old website was not great this one is worse.

Edited by Sandy1975

This is just unbelievable! I have the old site opened in one browser (Firefox) and the new one opened in Internet Explorer (at home I had Chrome) and I am looking at 2 completely different things.

If I go through the steps for booking a cabin for my Nov cruise, under Best I get what I would expect to see which is Premium Package, Internet, Gratuities and OBC. However, under the new site Premium has been replaced for Classic in the Best option. Now I am really hoping it is just a glitch (like one of my reservations showing as fully paid under the new website).

I went on Celebrity's website and did a mock reservation and mine said Go Best as Premium??? Not sure what you are seeing or doing.Maybe inside or oceanview are Classic???:confused:

Concierge class. This is the issue, different things showing in the old vs new site.

The new website is very messed up. There is another thread about this.

FYI, on the new website is says go best is classic which I believe is false. When looking at the terms and conditions you will see this mess. Hows does a company this size have such a horrible website? Check out these errors:

Big, Better, Best Offer Terms & Conditions

Prices Are Per Person, Cruise Only, For Stateroom Category 08, Select Sailings And Based On Double Occupancy.

Cruise Must Be Booked On Or After July 6, 2015. Offer Is Capacity Controlled: Availability Varies By Sailing And Eligible Staterooms May Sell Out. Offer Applies To 4-Night And Longer Cruises That Depart Oct. 2015 – Apr. 2017.

Offer Provides Each Of The First Two Guests In An Ocean View And Above Stateroom Booking With Choice Of A Complimentary Go Big Package, Which Includes Guest's Choice Of A Classic Beverage Package, Unlimited Internet Package, $150 Per Person Onboard Credit ("OBC"), Or Pre-Paid Gratuities. For An Additional Charge, Select The Go Better Option And Receive A Choice Of Two Amenities Or The Go Best Option And Receive All Four Amenities Plus An Upgrade To The Platinum Beverage Package. Charge Varies By Option And Cruise Night.

Classic Beverage Package Option Includes Beer Up To $6 Per Serving, Spirits, Cocktails, And Frozen Drinks Up To $8 Per Serving, Wine By The Glass Up To $9 Per Serving,

The Terms and Conditions section is often the last to be updated, but I hope you are correct. Even Suites now show with only the Classic Beverage package. Celebrity has been touting their Suite Life and one of the things people look for at this level is no nickel-and-diming. Cutting back to Classic Beverage package for Suites feels like a major abandonment of that promise.

You get the premium package with Go!Best. It may say Classic, but it is premium. The best way to confirm this is to call them. I am leaving on a Summit cruise on May 7 and we have the full Go!Best package that includes Premium beverage. I'll let you know for sure when we return.

The new website is very messed up. There is another thread about this.

FYI, on the new website is says go best is classic which I believe is false. When looking at the terms and conditions you will see this mess. Hows does a company this size have such a horrible website? Check out these errors:

Big, Better, Best Offer Terms & Conditions

Prices Are Per Person, Cruise Only, For Stateroom Category 08, Select Sailings And Based On Double Occupancy.

Cruise Must Be Booked On Or After July 6, 2015. Offer Is Capacity Controlled: Availability Varies By Sailing And Eligible Staterooms May Sell Out. Offer Applies To 4-Night And Longer Cruises That Depart Oct. 2015 – Apr. 2017.

Offer Provides Each Of The First Two Guests In An Ocean View And Above Stateroom Booking With Choice Of A Complimentary Go Big Package, Which Includes Guest's Choice Of A Classic Beverage Package, Unlimited Internet Package, $150 Per Person Onboard Credit ("OBC"), Or Pre-Paid Gratuities. For An Additional Charge, Select The Go Better Option And Receive A Choice Of Two Amenities Or The Go Best Option And Receive All Four Amenities Plus An Upgrade To The Platinum Beverage Package. Charge Varies By Option And Cruise Night.

Classic Beverage Package Option Includes Beer Up To $6 Per Serving, Spirits, Cocktails, And Frozen Drinks Up To $8 Per Serving, Wine By The Glass Up To $9 Per Serving,

I suspect that sail date is telling. Starting May 2017.... think we're waiting on a change to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums