Norwegian Sky to become all inclusive!

Topo Gigio

In addition to the wide variety of inclusive offerings onboard, Norwegian Sky guests also have the option to indulge in a variety of extra onboard experiences such as specialty restaurants and pampering Mandara Spa treatments.

I read it twice and I think all in all it just means they made the alcohol free...they just mention "fine dining" a couple of times as being an option, which I'm assuming they just mean what is already free by the above quote. Still a nice deal for those booked, but just wanted to clarify that it does not include specialty restaurants!

Totally didn't see that one coming. (Not like I have any inside information LOL)

While I haven't sailed on the Sky in almost four years, I expect the cabin prices will be higher than I am willing to budget, since hubby and I do not drink alcohol.

I guess the people calling Norwegian nickle-and-dimers will have to take a second look.

In addition to the wide variety of inclusive offerings onboard, Norwegian Sky guests also have the option to indulge in a variety of extra onboard experiences such as specialty restaurants and pampering Mandara Spa treatments.

I read it twice and I think all in all it just means they made the alcohol free...they just mention "fine dining" a couple of times as being an option, which I'm assuming they just mean what is already free by the above quote. Still a nice deal for those booked, but just wanted to clarify that it does not include specialty restaurants!

I bet they are talking about the MDR and buffet as free dining

This is such false advertising. You read the post by NCL on facebook and they list it as all inclusive. That is absolutely not true. Not all restaurants are included and all they added was the UBP and that limits the drinks you can get. You still have to pay extra for a lot of items. Anyone that think this is a great idea is sorely mistaken.

Personally I think this is a step in the right direction, sure it's just drinks up too $11, but it isn't a promo per se, and wouldn't it be combinable with other promos? Who knows if this will be successful but if it is maybe we will see this fleet wide down the road

*Living Large*

Edited by Solararc

I checked the price for an OV cabin a couple of weeks ago and it was already $300 more than it was last year. No, they aren't nickel and diming......they're raising prices by the hundreds of $$'s in anticipation of huge demand. The general public, (which includes a lot of people here), is clueless about the fact that they are paying through the nose for all these "free" things. Ladies and Gentlemen, allow me to present: Oceania Light. :p:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Doesn't all inclusive mean: included in your fare, gotta expect some increase to your base fare for this, they aren't in the business to throw away money IMO

*Living Large*

Edited by Solararc

Like some of you have "suspected" it is only the UBP that is now included on all sailings with the Sky, here is a link to the "Terms & Conditions" regarding this "Sky all-inclusive":

http://www.ncl.com/terms/sky-inclusive-beverage?hide_hf=true

You should also note that this is only valid for sailings after January 1, 2016 - and only for cruises booked after April 22, 2015....

Here is a link to NCL's Press Release:

http://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/sky#inclusive?cid=SM_NCL_PRO_BRA_FBK_LRN_WLP_NA_ALLIN_SKY_NA_NA

Edited by TrumpyNor

I already gave a cruise booked for the end if November 2016 with the UBP already. I have sent an email to my PCC.

Hopefully you can get something out of that, but the terms say only for bookings after April22

*Living Large*

Doesn't all inclusive mean: included in your fare, gotta expect some increase to your base fare for this, they aren't in the business to throw away money IMO

*Living Large*

Exactly! So are you really getting anything anything "free" after they increase the fare to make up for the freebie? Lot's of people will see "all inclusive" and assume they are getting a great deal. Might be good for the really heavy drinkers, but most would have been better off with the low fare and pay for what you want as you go.

Exactly! So are you really getting anything anything "free" after they increase the fare to make up for the freebie? Lot's of people will see "all inclusive" and assume they are getting a great deal. Might be good for the really heavy drinkers, but most would have been better off with the low fare and pay for what you want as you go.

Considering a regular 7-day fare on the other NCL ships is cheaper than Sky's 2016 combine 3 &4 sailings - I'm not wildly excited to jumped on that ship even if the booze is free, lol.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Gotta tip my hat for the 'creative' minds at NCL marketing & promo dept to come up with this, what a great :rolleyes: idea to turn one of the oldest ship in the milky run MIA fleet into a full-time party "boat" - loaded with extra "fuel"

Maybe just turn it into CTN for 3 nights or 4 nights with a stopover at GSC, Nassau is a dump anyway. :D

As for "free dinner" wow, wow, wow as part of the AI, I didn't know that food is (was) optional, aside from specialty & convenience charge nowadays for Room Service (** except/disclaimers - on 6 AM to 10 AM limited breakfast items)

Social media is buzzing wild - but, for few of us as non-drinkers, do we get a 25% discount (20%, maybe) or get free unlimited premium coffee/bottled water/juice & soda ?? No surprises with the final onboard charges and nobody would alleged nickets & dimes, just this new pricing scheme - that's a win-win, hurry (just about anyone already booked can cancel & rebook) ...

Memo to NCL, might want to consider extra safety netting around the ships to catch those f®eestyle passengers who unknowingly will be jumping up & down in joy with 72 to 96 hours of drinking onboard and might lost their footing.

Edited by mking8288

So with MDR and Buffet NCL is becoming all inclusive on the Sky. My guess is that at least half the people on these boards will make that into a negative. Sorry Andy Stuart you can't win. Has anyone confirmed higher fares yet?? Umm I am guessing no. But let the negatives begin.

So with MDR and Buffet NCL is becoming all inclusive on the Sky. My guess is that at least half the people on these boards will make that into a negative. Sorry Andy Stuart you can't win. Has anyone confirmed higher fares yet?? Umm I am guessing no. But let the negatives begin.

That made laugh because its true - there's no winning with the nay-sayers, lol. The one time a booze cruise has confirmed free booze because NCL actually went out their way to add it and they gets attacked for it because its a 'nickel & dime' ploy - its hilarous.....

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Do you seriously believe that NCL is not going to make money on this all inclusive promo? They are not doing it out of generosity to the cruising public. They are going to make a profit on it.

Nothing wrong with that. It's what they are in business to do. If I were one that could drink several hundred $$ worth of booze on board I might come out a little ahead. But the moderate or light drinkers are going to be subsidizing the others. And they as much as admitted in the quote in the CC article that they expect the end result of this to be higher fares.

Edited by punkincc