Large angry crowds on the Breeze

xSpec

was just sent an email from my sister who is on her honeymoon on the Breeze. There is a large crowd in front of guest service screaming and chanting "refund" due to not being allowed to disembark at grand cayman and docking at the international port at Cozumel. Their itinerary was changed the first sea day due to a medical emergency, then docked at 1am at grand cayman due to a crew remember emergency. Guest services is refusing to offer compensation to anyone, which is what led to the large crowd forming.

They aren't entitled to a refund for port changes. They will get their port fees back and refunds for any Carnival booked excursions. The rest is a risk you take. People angry over medical emergencies, like Carnival could have avoided or anticipated that. Ridiculous.

They will have their port fees refunded if they did not make that port. Another thread says they did not disembark in GC due to weather and possible tendering issues. Lots of us have had disappointments while traveling and it really shows what kind of person you are in how you handle it.

:rolleyes:

Oh, PLEASE have your sister take video and post it on YouTube! Always entertaining to watch people make idiots of themselves. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

I think the compensation on the Magic last week has set an expectation that Carnival will regret. $200 and 50% future cruise credit for missing Cozumel and now everybody who misses a port will want the same treatment. :rolleyes:

Either way, they aren't entitled to a refund of anything but the port charges. Captain has the authority to divert the ship for whatever he deems an appropriate reason. Weather, medical emergency certainly sounds appropriate to me. Pretty ridiculous people are acting like that. Should put them all off at the next stop!!

:rolleyes:

Will be looking for the YouTube video later. Always entertaining to watch people make idiots of themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

With you all the way with that Tapi...unfortunately, they will never realize they are making fools of themselves.

was just sent an email from my sister who is on her honeymoon on the Breeze. There is a large crowd in front of guest service screaming and chanting "refund" due to not being allowed to disembark at grand cayman and docking at the international port at Cozumel. Their itinerary was changed the first sea day due to a medical emergency, then docked at 1am at grand cayman due to a crew remember emergency. Guest services is refusing to offer compensation to anyone, which is what led to the large crowd forming.

"Can't fix stupid." :rolleyes:

Been on a cruise-during hurricane season-missed every port best cruise ever! I wish we had a GPS with us because I think we were just going in circles...at one point the captain told us that that the spot we cruising in had had 25 ft seas the day before.

I don't think they should feel entitled to get any kind of refund or some other kind of compensation but I do understand why they are upset. If I miss Jamaica or Grand Cayman on my cruise I'll probably cry it out in my stateroom, as I am really looking forward to those ports and was the whole reason I booked the cruise in the first place. I would be OK with missing Cozumel, but I wouldn't be thrilled about it.

We have missed GC before due to weather. It would have been our first time there, but I was just as happy with another sea day. Little disappointed, yeah. But I didn't expect any type of compensation and all we got was our port fees refunded.

One should never book a cruise exclusively based on one or more ports. While 99%of the time things go as planned, there is always a chance that it will change. Especially when tenders are involved.

If you have your heart set on visiting a certain place, then you should probably just fly there. It would stink if your whole cruise was ruined because you didn't get to visit a port or do an excursion that you have been waiting your whole life for.

As far as these people go, I would throw them over the side in the lifeboats :D