Johnny Rockets

Ok CC friends please excuse my ignorance- I see all kinds of exciting post about Johnny Rockets. What is the big deal? We don't have any in Arkansas so I'm just not sure what I should be excited about. Does anyone have a menu they can post? We will be on the Liberty in Feb. and i want to share in the excitement!

Thanks-

Ok CC friends please excuse my ignorance- I see all kinds of exciting post about Johnny Rockets. What is the big deal? We don't have any in Arkansas so I'm just not sure what I should be excited about. Does anyone have a menu they can post? We will be on the Liberty in Feb. and i want to share in the excitement!

Thanks-

Who's excited? Just a hamburger place:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/johnnyrockets.pdf

Thanks-

Try http://www.***.com/RCI-OOS-Menu-2.html and substitute beyondships for the asterisks. As far as the restaurant, it is a middle of the road burger place with pretty good milkshakes. I think it's popularity at Royal stems from the fact that their burgers are quite a bit better than what you would get in the Windjammer.

The double vanilla milkshakes are really good; the onion rings, fries & burgers are pretty good. Is it worth the extra $$? Depends on what you're hankering for. I, personally, enjoy the floor show more than anything else

It's a burger place with a fee/service charge, pretty much to keep people - teenagers - from lingering there all day and night (yes, you were thinking it too, I just said it! LOL). We had a large onboard credit so we went there on sea day and it was "all right". The grilled cheese sandwich is AWFUL - do not order. But hubby enjoyed his burger and milkshake. :)

It's an almost fast food type place....sit down service. Burgers, shakes, etc.... On land, they have an awesome egg salad sandwich...they don't serve that on the ship. It's certainly not a "must do"...it's simply a diversion. It's nothing special.

Edited by cb at sea

It's nice for a change of pace. The wait staff dances approximately every half hour. It's an old fashioned diner with all you can eat fries and onion rings. They bring them as soon as you sit down. The staff makes a happy face with the ketchup. My son likes a fried egg on his burger and try offer this option. For dessert, you get your choice of Oreo sundae or apple pie ala mode. The shakes are great but they cost about $5 on top of the cover charge. They have a complimentary breakfast.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I enjoy Johnny Rockets because I can get a vanilla coke like the ones I had as a teen. Other than that, not a big deal. The food is only okay but if you grew up in the 60's & enjoyed going to the local Diner, it will bring back fond memories..............

On the Quantum Class...it's a little different setup...it is not as 'self-contained' as on the Voyager and Freedom class ships, and there is no cover charge, however, everything, not just shakes, are priced ala carte.

Oh, and I don't believe the server's do the "floorshow".

IIRC, the "floorshow" is done by the server's whenever certain favorites are selected on the jukebox, such as "Shout" or "YMCA"....the server's will stop serving and jump up on the counters and dance along...:)

Try http://www.***.com/RCI-OOS-Menu-2.html and substitute beyondships for the asterisks. As far as the restaurant, it is a middle of the road burger place with pretty good milkshakes. I think it's popularity at Royal stems from the fact that their burgers are quite a bit better than what you would get in the Windjammer.

Its not just the food. It's also the atmosphere. It's DIFFERENT to see a JR in the middle of the ship. The quaint American diner amidst the fancy restaurants. Its fun to go in and just relax. No pressure of 4-course dinners, relaxed atmosphere, simple menu, fun for family/kids/individuals, and the waiters are awesome as well.

Edited by cruisevv

On Liberty, it's in a location where you can sit outdoors and watch the sea or go in and enjoy the air conditioning. I personally like JR. The chili cheese fries are awesome and the Route 66 burger is our fave.

If it looks like something you'd enjoy, do it. A lot of people complain about the surcharge but the $5.95 doesn't bother us. It's not going to be a life altering experience. It's a burger. But we like it. The photo is from Liberty last month. Enjoy your cruise. ImageUploadedByForums1432565271.981136.jpg.3f81a8be230ee992dbf91a38b5656191.jpg

I enjoy Johnny Rockets, the food is good and the milkshakes are really tasty. I have had the grilled cheese and it was very good. Food is so subjective, what one person likes another doesn't.

Love Johnny Rocket's burgers. We go at least twice on a 7 day. I don't like ice cream so I could care less about the milkshakes. Glad to hear they are no longer serving the onion rings and smiley face ketchup. I always thought that was a waste as I always orderd the chili cheese fries. Don't care about the dancing either. You can't get a good burger anywhere else on the ship in my opinion, hence the reason we eat at J.R.

Maybe we aren't tempted because we have a Johnny Rocket's right down the road from our home. Known for their burgers and milkshakes, on the ship you pay one price for all you can eat, including the desserts. You pay $5.95 for the food and $4.95 (?) for the milkshake. We headed to JR on one of our sea days and there was a line and wait time. One of the things we like about cruising is NO WAITING to get seated to eat a meal. Personally, we love the burgers served in the Main Dining Room better. I would, however, stop by for a milkshake.

We have several Johnny Rockets here in the Miami area that we frequent so when we are on RCCI ships, we make a point of having a great shake, tasty burgers and yummy onion rings! Anyone who does not like Johnny Rockets (on land or sea), does not have any taste buds. Oasis has free breakfast at JR's as well. Worth the visit!

Ive only ate at Johnny Rockets once outside of Royal Caribbean in Portland Maine, and honestly the food tastes very similar. We have ate there on every cruise we have gone on so far. except the last one. Probably give it a go next time again last time we just ran out of time last cruise :)