Wife killed by husband on Emerald Princess on Wednesday July 25, 2017

This is a forum about cruising. This murder occurred on a cruise ship. You had a choice to open this thread or scroll along and not read it as the thread is clearly identified as to what it contains. If you didn't won't to read about it, you don't open it. And if you do open it, you don't complain about it.

You can't explain any clearer than that,spot on.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Sounds like there was more to it. In The video the aunt says the daughter told her i lnew my dad would do this. Which kind of indicates there may have been marital problems for a while. Kids don't just assume a parent will kill another unless there is a lot of fighting or violence in the home.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Forums mobile app

Hi Kerry and/or Lavine (screw it I'll just call you GTC from now on ;)), agreed, so what if the OP posed it here? It was the first I heard of the story. It wasn't on Bloomberg or BNN when I was watching.

And if the Mods want to move it they can do their job and move it. So many CCer's seem to be auditioning for Mod jobs around here lately.

If you got the job we would miss your great humour.

My point was what "info" did that provide :confused:

How sad you think legitimate questions on these boards are "inane topics"... isn't that the purpose of these boards ?

Leave it to the moderators and move on.

This is a forum about Royal Caribbean International. The forum for Princess is here (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197) and the forum for cruise news is here (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)

If the moderators didn't intend for subjects to be categorized and posted in specific sections there would just be one board, and no threads would ever be moved.

You know...you could purchase a domain name and start your own discussion board if the urge to determine what can and cannot be discussed is that important to you. Just sayin...

I had seen this on the news yesterday and found it very interesting even though I have never cruised with that line. I'm in law enforcement and very interested in the investigation even though it "appears" pretty obvious. I'd call it relevant news to all cruisers since it happened on a ship.

How sad you think legitimate questions on these boards are "inane topics"... isn't that the purpose of these boards ?

I must have missed the election where the members elected you the cruise critic czar. O wait, Czar's are not elected, they just assume power.

Neblu, thanks for posting. I had read this elsewhere, but not everyone was aware of this tragedy.

JC

It's just that this has nothing to do with RCI. If you wanted to post it for "info only" the right place is the Princess forum.

Why would people who cruise RCI, read the Princess forum? I don't unless I have a Princess cruise or I am thinking of booking one.

JC

Pure speculation but perhaps a way to keep witnesses around and to not contaminate the situation further? Especially since law enforcement wouldn't be there right away.

I have zero training in LE so I am truly speculating but it makes sense to me.

What a sad story. Prayers for the family and all that were affected by this horrible situation and loss of life.

Exactly. My neighbor is on this cruise (he works for a government law enforcement agency). Their cabin was not far from the one where this happened and they wanted everyone to stay in their cabins so they could take statements. From discussions with him it was pretty gruesome what other passengers could see and hear (won't go into details).

Very unfortunate for all those involved.

I'm glad OP posted it - I had not seen the story.

It always amuses me when CC posters attempt to police other posters.....they must be major control freaks with too much time on their hands.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You know...you could purchase a domain name and start your own discussion board if the urge to determine what can and cannot be discussed is that important to you. Just sayin...

Thanks for this, I had no idea that purchasing a domain name was a thing. Can you provide some more information? I would love to do this with your assistance, you're so kind to offer to help me get this started!

I had seen this on the news yesterday and found it very interesting even though I have never cruised with that line. I'm in law enforcement and very interested in the investigation even though it "appears" pretty obvious. I'd call it relevant news to all cruisers since it happened on a ship.

I agree totally it affects us all especially how it is dealt with.

I'm glad OP posted it - I had not seen the story.

It always amuses me when CC posters attempt to police other posters.....they must be major control freaks with too much time on their hands.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My thoughts too, people are controlling and if you don't have thick skin or a strong mind you could easily be put off posting which would be to the detriment of us all.

I must have missed the election where the members elected you the cruise critic czar. O wait, Czar's are not elected, they just assume power.

Neblu, thanks for posting. I had read this elsewhere, but not everyone was aware of this tragedy.

JC

Nothing new...Some of us can't even post a comment or opinion that doesn't agree with you without the feeding frenzy some of you rush to...very sad :eek::loudcry:

Nothing new...Some of us can't even post a comment or opinion that doesn't agree with you without the feeding frenzy some of you rush to...very sad :eek::loudcry:

Na, a minor agitation or a minor irritation at best. Maybe a wee bit forlorn about the feeding frenzy.

What is very sad is that someone murdered his wife.:eek::loudcry:

Edited by DirtyDawg

Your posts are inane. It was posted for those who hadn't heard about it, that's all. Move on......

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for this, I had no idea that purchasing a domain name was a thing. Can you provide some more information? I would love to do this with your assistance, you're so kind to offer to help me get this started!

Google is your friend. I am most certainly not interested...primarily because I am careful about the people with whom I do business.

I happy perusing these discussion and ignoring the ones that I don't think will interest me of give me needed information. However, you seem to want to control "conversations" so knock yourself out.

SPAASBIATLTKT

Exactly. My neighbor is on this cruise (he works for a government law enforcement agency). Their cabin was not far from the one where this happened and they wanted everyone to stay in their cabins so they could take statements. From discussions with him it was pretty gruesome what other passengers could see and hear (won't go into details).

Very unfortunate for all those involved.

Wow, actually very scary! The last thing you really expect to be involved with while on vacation.

OP - If not had been for your post, wouldn't have known. So I appreciate your information.

Google is your friend. I am most certainly not interested...primarily because I am careful about the people with whom I do business.

I happy perusing these discussion and ignoring the ones that I don't think will interest me of give me needed information. However, you seem to want to control "conversations" so knock yourself out.

SPAASBIATLTKT

Aw bless your heart, SPAASBIATLTKT, I totally agree.

I must have missed the election where the members elected you the cruise critic czar.

Personally I thought since this is a cruise board that supreme executive power would involve a farcical aquatic ceremony, as opposed to a mandate from the masses.

Most everyone has seen this on either the news or online.....Why did you feel the need to post it here or at all for that matter...what does it have to do with Cruise Critic...sorry I just don't get the need to do so :rolleyes:

What's your problem. Much more interesting than most posts

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Most everyone has seen this on either the news or online.....Why did you feel the need to post it here or at all for that matter...what does it have to do with Cruise Critic...sorry I just don't get the need to do so :rolleyes:

Omg relax and chill out...You are "that person"