Favorite Cruise Memory

So my husband and I were talking about our favorite memories from our Honeymoon cruise last year. It was SO hard to think of just one! But that got me to thinking about all of the cruises over the years and I narrowed it down to these two memories.

1) On our honeymoon we went to Jamaica to the Secrets Resort adults only excursion. I remember sitting on the beach with my husband, watching the BEAUTIFUL water in front of us. We were so relaxed and we weren't really talking to each other, just enjoying the day and suddenly this tiny rainstorm came out of nowhere! It felt really nice actually and my husband said as long as we were getting wet he might as well go in the ocean. So he went for a dip and I watched him. It was such a nice and peaceful moment and I remember it like it was yesterday!

2) On my first cruise, I went snorkeling with my dad. No one else would go for whatever reason. We snorkeled for like an hour and saw NO fish. LOL. I was so bummed, I'd purchased an underwater camera and everything just for this trip. But FINALLY my dad pointed out a shape in the distance and it was a barracuda! It was so exciting. I think this one stands out for me because my father became really ill after this trip and passed away in 2011. This is one of the last times I remember him as being totally himself and not sick.

OK those are mine! What about y'all??? :D

1. Ecstasy, 1995: Back then they actually flamed the Baked Alaska. Watching the waiters carry the flaming platters on their heads is an image that has stuck with me.
  2. Inspiration, 2011: Surprise cruise to celebrate DH's 60th birthday -- much of the extended family together -- the whole cruise was special

Fascination 2012: I went to pick up my then 2 year old from Camp Carnival, hoping that he had a good time with his brothers. I walked in, and he was dressed up like a buccaneer complete with eye patch, magic marker beard, colored pirate t-shirt, pirate hat, and sword. It was very late and my other boys were asleep. My 2 year old jumped up when he saw me and shouted "Daddy!! I a pirate! Aarrgghh!!!" It was one of the most heart warming moments of my life.

We have many great memories from our 77 cruises but in 10 days we leave on the Dream to celebrate our 49th anniversary. Our 2 children, their spouses and 4 granddkids will be with us as well as 2 very special friends. So I am thinking my best memoriess are yet to come.

My first cruise. It was on the elation. I remeber walking into the the atrium from the gangway and i was in awe. They had a pianist playing welcoming us. I loved every minute of the cruise. Now i am addicted to it. Lol that same cruise was so much fun. I went with my brother and his family. We would go to karaoke every night where there were two guys who sang every night. To say they lacked talent was an understatement. Simon Cowell would have a field day with them. We became their own cheering section. Great memories.

So many, many memories and experiences.

One that I treasure is watching my mom at a hypnotist show talking into her shoe trying to order a pizza. She was a minor celebrity for the remainder of the cruise. We did not vacation big as a child and getting to see her have that experience before she passed was wonderful.

Imagination August 3, 2014, walking into the room and seeing my husband (at that time my future husband), my daughter and son-in-law, stepdaughter and son-in-law, and our officient looking at me as I walked up that aisle to all the people that I love most in this world, and knowing that there will never be another moment in my life that could possibly top that one.

Many good memories - the very first cruise, when I walked onto the Legend and could not believe how big it was and beautiful. I was like a kid at Disney the entire week. I'll never forget that first cruise.

Last cruise to celebrate daughter's 21st birthday, our friends who own a restaurant in Grand Cayman threw her a surprise birthday party, with food, drinks, singing, and good times - gratis for our entire group! I'll never forget how happy my daughter was!

And the lovely sights outside on the decks, blue sky, bluer water - at night, the stars that go on and on and on. Can hardly wait to go again!

#1. The family scavenger hunt on the Triumph or Ecstasy, can't remember which. My niece and nephew were young, they are now a high school senior and a college freshman and I have 3 children of my own now but that scavenger hunt with my sister and brother in law and my husband and my parents and niece and nephew is hard to top. We had such a blast running from one end of the ship to the other. Of course it helps that we won but I don't think it would have mattered if we lost or won or what, we just had the best time and laughed and laughed and laughed. It was one of those moments where you smile so much your face hurts.

#2. My husband and I went on the Magic for our 15th anniversary, first cruise where it was just the 2 of us. We enjoyed that time away just the 2 of us so much. Some great memories of just watching shows together and talking at dinner and watching movies at the seaside theater.

We've got a lot of great cruise memories, but this one stands out for me.

We took 7 grandkids ages 5-11 on a Royal Caribbean cruise--yes, just my husband and me, no parents!

A wonderful time was had by all, but the best thing that happened was on the last dinner in the MDR--we were at the same large round table the whole cruise--one of the ladies who had been at a nearby table each night came over and complimented us on our wonderful grandchildren and how well they had behaved in the dining room and how she had enjoyed watching us.

Since I was very nervous about their behaving nicely and not disturbing others, this definitely warmed my heart.

They were not perfect children, by any means, but they loved the MDR (I had thought they'd go once and then ask for burgers!) and dressing up and I was (mostly) proud of their behavior. I'm sure they were a little loud at times, but we definitely had talks about behavior and they did pretty good. Hey, 9 adults can get pretty loud too!

A small gesture like that from a stranger means a lot.

We're trying to put together a family cruise for our 50th anniversary ,with the kids now ages 9-15! That will be a whole different story, (they are still great kids) but the parents will be coming too, if we can find decent airfare for 13!

Boy, there are so many good memories, but here we go:

Winning $2500 playing bingo on the last day of a family cruise and then watching my 2 kids' faces as they handed my 25 $100 bills all spread out. Priceless, as I never win anything.

Watching my little daughter dancing in the main dining room with our waiter who was so much fun the whole week.

Watching my brother give his waiter a jacket off his back as the waiter remarked how much he liked it. And it fit him perfectly. Such a great moment.

I could go on but thanks for such a positive thread.

We were on the Oceania Insignia, and stopped at Santorini. I had made arrangements to get married on the island. We took the tram to the top and were met by the wedding arranger.

We were taken to the veranda of the church of St. Irene where we were married. Just the two of us.

When we got back to the ship some friends we had made on board decorated part of the pool deck!

wedding.jpg.b309132cf3d813a9409ee02ed059b7bd.jpg

1052134559_Picture113.jpg.1c72ae559b5ffbd6a95a2f73d6dc648b.jpg

1696187564_Picture132.jpg.bc16c95a259332112c9206f076377e72.jpg

Edited by Talisker92

Three thoughts came to mind immediately, our first Mediterranean cruise, going bu Gilbralter at night seeing the lights from north Africia on one side and Spain on the other; cruising in and out of Venice, visiting St Petersburg Russia enjoying some authetic folks music and dance at a local theatre. All very special memories.... I have many more sailing in the San Francisco Golden Gate Bridge is another...

2008 carnival pride out of long beach. It was our honeymoon. We were in complete awe of the ship. And we immediately were addicted to cruising.

Carnival Pride 7 day Mexican Riviera: September 2008

Carnival Inspiration 4 day Mexican Riviera: September 2013

Carnival Miracle 15 day Hawaii: coming October 2015

My first cruise when I was 12 years old and went with my family back at a time when not many people cruised. We threw streamers from the ship before leaving NYC and on that first day relatives came onto the ship for a party with us.

Keith

This is an easy one for me! 2004, first family cruise on the Monarch of the Seas. 3 NBA players from the LA Clippers noticed my little boy (aged 7 then and very, very small for his age) watching and patiently waiting for a turn to "shoot hoops", which he was obsessed with at the time. They invited him into their 2-on-1 game and rode him on their shoulders so he could "slam" some. The next evening one of them happened to meet us in the hallway and came in to our cabin to give DS the "stay in school and don't do drugs" pep talk. DS told people about it for years afterwards.

Edited by ronandannette

My favorite cruise memory is probably when we took my then nine month old daughter and she said her first word. Looked right up at the waiter during dinner and said 'hi!' My stepdad caught it on tape as well as my mom and I looking completely shocked!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Memories..Teaching my DH how to snorkel in St John and after he snorted half the ocean he finally caught on. Then on another cruise w/friends he played was the official snorkel guide for them in Cozumel..LOL !!:D

The weirdest and funniest was losing ONE lens of my bifocal glasses over the side of the ship into the ocean! It just popped out!! Then trying to read menus ect the rest of the trip with one lens !! I always bring an extra pair now!! :eek:

Taking my wife's son and his family on their first cruise -- Voyager of the Seas from Galveston. The middle granddaughter was age 8 then. When we were driving by the ship, I said "There's the ship". The granddaughter said "Where?" I pointed and said "There." She again said "Where?" I said "Right there." She said, "I see the hotel, but where's the ship?". I said "That's the ship." She hollered "THAT'S THE SHIP?"