Soda package question

lbfluffy

I would not call it a souvenir cup. It is a plastic insulated cup with a sipping lid and has the Coke logo all over it. There is nothing about the ship, Princess or any thing else on it. I have a collection of these cups from over the years and not much changes. Yes, a cup comes with the soda pop sticker. When you ask for refills with the cup they generally do not ask to see your sticker.

And what's confusing to me.. if you "Go Big" meaning, purchase the AIBP.. you don't get the cup. :eek:

As other's have mentioned, doesn't have any "Princess" logo's on it so not a big concern to me. Just funny that you spend money on the highest package they offer and don't get the Coke cup.

I would not call it a souvenir cup. It is a plastic insulated cup with a sipping lid and has the Coke logo all over it. There is nothing about the ship, Princess or any thing else on it. I have a collection of these cups from over the years and not much changes. Yes, a cup comes with the soda pop sticker. When you ask for refills with the cup they generally do not ask to see your sticker.

You get the insulated cup with sipping lid/Coke logo with the basic package. If you purchase the all-inclusive package, you get a typical plastic reusable cup with lid and plastic straw like you can buy at any Walmart. At least that's how it was on our cruise last week.

The refill situation was hit or miss. Some waiters would ask if you wanted multiple drinks without seeing card, some wouldn't even refill what you had without seeing the card.

We left our insulated cup in the cabin after we disembarked....never used it on the cruise, and have a collection already at home so decided we didn't need another one.

You get the insulated cup with sipping lid/Coke logo with the basic package. If you purchase the all-inclusive package, you get a typical plastic reusable cup with lid and plastic straw like you can buy at any Walmart. At least that's how it was on our cruise last week.

The refill situation was hit or miss. Some waiters would ask if you wanted multiple drinks without seeing card, some wouldn't even refill what you had without seeing the card.

We left our insulated cup in the cabin after we disembarked....never used it on the cruise, and have a collection already at home so decided we didn't need another one.

We've had the AIBP several times since inception, in several different ships and never received the cup -and have asked every time (not that we want it, just curious as we're buying the most expensive package) and were told every time that the cup is only for soda or soda & more package.

So, if I may ask, what ship were you in that you got the package -and how? Star, Regal, Caribbean, etc all were a no go on the cup.

We've had the AIBP several times since inception, in several different ships and never received the cup -and have asked every time (not that we want it, just curious as we're buying the most expensive package) and were told every time that the cup is only for soda or soda & more package.

So, if I may ask, what ship were you in that you got the package -and how? Star, Regal, Caribbean, etc all were a no go on the cup.

Sorry I should have been more specific.....the Coke w/sipper lid is for the Coke package, the cup with plastic lid is for the 'soda + more'....not 'all inclusive'. My bad for misspeaking:)

BTW, we were on the Caribbean Princess. Also I agree with the poster above, all the cups are pretty much worthless as they hold so little. We also prefer Pepsi and carried on a 12 pack of cans, but also got the Coke card just so when we're 'out and about' we can stop and get one if needed.

Sorry I should have been more specific.....the Coke w/sipper lid is for the Coke package, the cup with plastic lid is for the 'soda + more'....not 'all inclusive'. My bad for misspeaking:)

BTW, we were on the Caribbean Princess. Also I agree with the poster above, all the cups are pretty much worthless as they hold so little. We also prefer Pepsi and carried on a 12 pack of cans, but also got the Coke card just so when we're 'out and about' we can stop and get one if needed.

Ahh, ok, thanks for clearing that up. Every time, we've been told they qere for sofa or soda & more, so was a bit surprised when you said all-inclusive package. Thanks for clarification?!

if you have the soda and more package, can you get ice cream shades with it, and ice cream sundaes

On the ships that have it, milk shakes are included in that package. They would be available at the ice cream counter near one of the pools.

Ice cream sundaes not included, but you can have an ice cream sundae for dessert in a dining room.

On the ships that have it, milk shakes are included in that package. They would be available at the ice cream counter near one of the pools.

Ice cream sundaes not included, but you can have an ice cream sundae for dessert in a dining room.

Are you sure about that?

On the Princess site, it does not say they are included anymore.

My DH gets the sodas and more package every cruise and loves the malts and milkshakes. He keeps asking me if I have found out yet if they are still included.

Are you sure about that?

My DH gets the sodas and more package every cruise and loves the malts and milkshakes. He keeps asking me if I have found out yet if they are still included.

I'll tell you in a month or so.....What I was told when I called Princess was that on ships with the ice cream bar, shakes were included but that not all ships had them available. I never got a definitive answer for the ship we're on, but bought the package anyhow for my daughter.

I'll tell you in a month or so.....What I was told when I called Princess was that on ships with the ice cream bar' date=' shakes were included but that not all ships had them available. I never got a definitive answer for the ship we're on, but bought the package anyhow for my daughter.[/quote']

Thank you so much, but we sail on Nov 21st, so I'll be sure to report back how it goes for us. Not a deal breaker by any means but DH just really likes them.

To make it even more consistent we got one of each instead of both the same when we both had the 'soda + more' package. :confused: At least we had two different ones to give to the kids when we got back.

• 2 weeks later...
Are you sure about that?

Just got back and my DSF had sundaes every time we ate in the traditional dining room (Symphony) as part of his meal.

At Gelatos, I paid as my sticker didnt cover them.

(On Regal, say hi to Ivan in there, hes so sweet!)

I had purchased just the soft drinks card. I thought it only included soft drinks like iced tea and coke, etc, but did get virgin pina coladas, sex on the beach and more. At the international cafe, we also received our basic hot chocolates with my card (though they were made with the steamed milk and chocolate syrup - and not the mix like whats served in the buffet areas)

Are you sure about that?

From a sales brochure that arrived in the mail today about the Unlimited Soda & More Package:

"The Unlimited Soda & More Package includes tumbler with straw, fountain soda by the glass, Root Beer in the can, malt and thick shakes at the ice cream bars only, hot chocolate, fruit juices and mocktails, with a prepaid 15% gratuity included for these items."

From a sales brochure that arrived in the mail today about the Unlimited Soda & More Package:

"The Unlimited Soda & More Package includes tumbler with straw, fountain soda by the glass, Root Beer in the can, malt and thick shakes at the ice cream bars only, hot chocolate, fruit juices and mocktails, with a prepaid 15% gratuity included for these items."

Off Diamond yesterday and those shakes (included in the package) must be responsible for at least 2 kg of the 3 I put on.