Took Upsell offer to a PH

Iamthesea

We have been receiving offers for an Upsell the past 2 weeks. However, they were always more than we wanted to spend for a 7 night cruise on the Marina. :(

Yesterday evening, we were presented another opportunity to upgrade from our B3 (larger extended veranda) to a PH. The Upsell offer was half the cost of what it had been. So we decided that if we could get one of the few PH staterooms with an extended veranda, that we would make the move. Thank you to cruisingxpert for this tip! ;)

This morning, I called our TA and we booked the last available full sized PH w/extended veranda! :D Cabin 7133 is near the aft on Deck 7. Very pleased!

I may have a few questions about the PH. But for now, I just have these three.

1. I've read that we can request in-room dining from any of the 4 free Specialty restaurants. Does this mean a dinner outside of the 4 that we normally receive? So if we've already dined at all 4 Specialty's, we could still order room service for a 5th Specialty meal?

2. - We will have the Prestige Beverage Package. Can we order drinks to have in the cabin either while relaxing in the afternoon, or to have with dinner? If so, do we ask our Butler or call room service?

3. I read the following description about the PH.

Having that large shower stall AND a full sized tub was wonderful, and both were used frequently.

Is the shower stall and tub larger than what we had previously in the B3? I didn't think it was. But I believe the sink is a tiny bit larger. Is this so? :confused:

Thank you. ;)

Edited by Iamthesea

We have been receiving offers for an Upsell the past 2 weeks. However, they were always more than we wanted to spend for a 7 night cruise on the Mariner. :(

Yesterday evening, we were presented another opportunity to upgrade from our B3 (larger extended veranda) to a PH. The Upsell offer was half the cost of what it had been. So we decided that if we could get one of the few PH staterooms with an extended veranda, that we would make the move.

We booked the last available full sized PH w/extended veranda! :D Cabin 7133 is near the aft on Deck 7. Very pleased!

I may have a few questions about the PH. But for now, I just have these 2.

1. I've read that we can request in-room dining from any of the 4 free Specialty restaurants. Does this mean a dinner outside of the 4 that we normally receive? So if we've already dined at all 4 Specialty's, we could still order room service for a 5th Specialty meal?

2. - We will have the Prestige Beverage Package. Can we order drinks to have in the cabin either while relaxing in the afternoon, or to have with dinner? If so, do we ask our Butler or call room service?

Thank you. ;)

Good for you - have a fabulous cruise!

1. In room dining does not count towards your guaranteed reservations for the Specialty restaurants. So you will have your four plus more.

2. First part, it yes. You can order drinks whenever the mood suits you. Second part, I've never called room service while in a suite so don't have actual practical experience. I believe all room service is provided by your Butler.

Edited by YoHoHo

You could dine in your suite every night if you wanted to (in addition to your 4 in the specialties themselves) :D You can also order canapés in the afternoon.

I think that you will be pleased (and spoiled) by the PH.

Enjoy!

Edited by Paulchili

We have been receiving offers for an Upsell the past 2 weeks. However, they were always more than we wanted to spend for a 7 night cruise on the Marina. :(

Yesterday evening, we were presented another opportunity to upgrade from our B3 (larger extended veranda) to a PH. The Upsell offer was half the cost of what it had been. So we decided that if we could get one of the few PH staterooms with an extended veranda, that we would make the move. Thank you to cruisingxpert for this tip! ;)

This morning, I called our TA and we booked the last available full sized PH w/extended veranda! :D Cabin 7133 is near the aft on Deck 7. Very pleased!(quote)

Thrilled to hear you grabbed that cabin. I think you will be very happy. My friends were in that cabin but they caved when they got an upsell to the Owners suite. It's their first Oceania cruise. He did make his very first post CC post on your Roll Call but no one responded. I'm going to tell him to post again and ask to be added to the Meet and Greet.

Catherine

Edited by cruisingxpert

how much for the upsell, per person?? per cabin? We were offered an upsell on our upcoming cruise, but it wasn't as good as this.

This would be good to know. For the O ships, we're big B3 extended balcony fans and have never felt the upsell offers were worth losing the bigger balcony.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

[quote name=cruisingxpert;52036000

Thrilled to hear you grabbed that cabin. I think you will be very happy. My friends were in that cabin but they caved when they got an upsell to the Owners suite. It's their first Oceania cruise. He did make his very first post CC post on your Roll Call but no one responded. I'm going to tell him to post again and ask to be added to the Meet and Greet.

Catherine

How long ago did your friend upgrade? What is their CC name? I will look it up and respond to him. I try to welcome everyone on that RC. It's not very active' date=' and sometimes I forget to check it unless I am posting something. :o

We are very excited about the PH, but as mentioned, we are also fond of the extended B3 veranda and would not have given it up, for the upgrade price, had it not had the extended veranda. Had the upgrade price been lower, or free :D, we would have taken any of the PH's.

I also want to thank ChatKat in Ca. for her description of 7128 (the twin stateroom to 7133.) She had accurate descriptions of all 4 of the Deck 7 aft PH's. I had done some research on these cabins and found a few post that inaccurately mention 7133 as being on the very aft with the narrower cabin, but huge veranda. Those are 7130 and 7135.

Here is her post:http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=50974010&postcount=14

You could dine in your suite every night if you wanted to (in addition to your 4 in the specialties themselves) :D You can also order canapés in the afternoon.

I think that you will be pleased (and spoiled) by the PH.

Enjoy!

YoHoHo, LHT28 - Thank you for your answers and congratulations! :)

Good idea to ask the Butler about the drinks. ;)

Do the Butler's not automatically deliver the canapés? On Celebrity, the Butler brings them around every afternoon. Sometimes we enjoyed a little snack, but most of the time we declined. On our last cruise, we asked that we not be disturbed because we were usually trying to get ready for the evening.

Caroldoll and Flatbush Flyer - I hesitate to name the price because what one would pay for something they are interested in, the other would think too high.

Caroldoll, what stateroom category were you hoping to move from and to?

Jim and Stan and durante - I am not sure where the Owners Suite came in on this conversation unless you are talking about Catherine's friened. :confused:

Edited by Iamthesea

Quote- How long ago did your friend upgrade? What is their CC name? I will look it up and respond to him. I try to welcome everyone on that RC. It's not very active, and sometimes I forget to check it unless I am posting something. :o Quote

Wally is his name and his cc name is "wienerdogguy" Post #70 It's his first and only post. They took the upsell on the first go around - I told them I was pretty sure they would see another round of offers but they went for it.

Your Roll Call is very active. Take a look at some of the other Caribbean roll calls if you want to see SLOW:D

Iamthesea,

There is a canapé menu that you need to fill out in order to receive canapés - it's your choice.

I believe you can choose 2 or 3 items from the menu. It would make no sense to deliver them automatically every day as they wouldn't know which ones you want or if you even want any on a given day - hence you order them only when you want them.

. They took the upsell on the first go around - I told them I was pretty sure they would see another round of offers but they went for it.

I think they were smart in taking the offer when they did.

After all, while there are many PHs there are few OS; that offer would probably not have lasted very long as someone else would have taken it (most likely).

Edited by Paulchili

:D

Wally is his name and his cc name is "wienerdogguy" Post #70 It's his first and only post. They took the upsell on the first go around - I told them I was pretty sure they would see another round of offers but they went for it.

Your Roll Call is very active. Take a look at some of the other Caribbean roll calls if you want to see SLOW

I'll look for him. Name doesn't sound familiar. Did they have 7128 or 7133 originally booked? Both of these staterooms were available for at least 2 weeks. Then the day before our offer, 7128 disappeared. That would have been my first choice, although I am not sure which side of the ship will be best for our Caribbean itinerary.

The RC is very inactive compared to the RC's that I have been a part of in the past. :D

After all, while there are many PHs there are few OS; that offer would probably not have lasted very long as someone else would have taken it (most likely).

Yes, good thing they took the upsell. Those have been sold out for a few weeks, so they went fast. ;)

Iamthesea,

There is a canapé menu that you need to fill out in order to receive canapés - it's your choice.

I believe you can choose 2 or 3 items from the menu. It would make no sense to deliver them automatically every day as they wouldn't know which ones you want or if you even want any on a given day - hence you order them only when you want them.

Thank you. I like to choose. On Celebrity, the Butler would bring a cart around and you could choose what you wanted off the cart, along with coffee, tea, etc. If you were not in the stateroom, they would leave a variety of things.

I do like that we will be able to control if we want or need anything instead of having the Butler knock at the door every day.

maggie.1008 When we were in a PH we ordered the cheese plate on the regular room service menu. It was much better than the canape`s.

That's a great idea!

I wish I could order that straw basket appetizer that we had in the Main Dining Room on our last cruise. Since we will only be dining there on 2 or 3 nights, I am afraid that it will be on the menu when we are dining somewhere else. :(

Edited by Iamthesea

I wish I could order that straw basket appetizer that we had in the Main Dining Room on our last cruise. Since we will only be dining there on 2 or 3 nights, I am afraid that it will be on the menu when we are dining somewhere else. :(

Just check the daily menu for the MDR (in the lounge or at the restaurant after lunch) and if it's on the menu when you are in a specialty, you can still ask your butler to have it in your suite before you go to dinner.

Edited by Paulchili

I would love to take an upsell. Problem is my TA is on a cruise now and O says I have to go thru him. I'll see whats available when he returns.

Were in a B3 now with an extended balcony, but in the bow. Does anyone have any comments or issues with where we are? We love to cruise and enjoy the rocking of the ship to put us to sleep. Hope the beds are as comfortable as everyone says. On the Marina 2/1 sailing.

I would agree usually but this cruise was a bit unusual. All 3 Owners and 7 of the 8 Vistas were available. A week later, one of the owners and all 7 Vistas were still available. Today, there are still 2 Vistas left.

Maybe all the open categories were because it is a 7 day cruise.

I would love to take an upsell. Problem is my TA is on a cruise now and O says I have to go thru him. I'll see whats available when he returns.

Were in a B3 now with an extended balcony, but in the bow. Does anyone have any comments or issues with where we are? We love to cruise and enjoy the rocking of the ship to put us to sleep. Hope the beds are as comfortable as everyone says. On the Marina 2/1 sailing.

Not sure if you understand how the upsell process works.

One cannot take an upsell, it must be offered, first.

Was there an offer on the table?

I would agree usually but this cruise was a bit unusual. All 3 Owners and 7 of the 8 Vistas were available. A week later, one of the owners and all 7 Vistas were still available. Today, there are still 2 Vistas left.

Maybe all the open categories were because it is a 7 day cruise.

Yes, that is unusual.

Do you know if the upsell offer for the last OS was less than the original?

Yes, that is unusual.

Do you know if the upsell offer for the last OS was less than the original?

Unfortunately, no. However I did tell them to counter to see what they would say and they did get $300pp off the upsell offer.

FYI Thanks for the info about Stumble Upon. Interesting reading. Just found out how to de- ice my windshield in 6o seconds:)

This is why we can't have nice things.

People have no idea how to handle confidential information.

I don't know what you are trying to say:confused:

I think of this Board as a place where we can help each other. Oceania is trying to fill this ship on this date. What's wrong with helping them do that by telling someone who wants to pay extra to move up how to achieve their goal?