Princess Deceptive Sale Program

Comingaboard

The attached screen shots clearly show a SALE consisting of up to $1200 savings, free champagne, and specialty dining and viewable details(attached) for the cruise shown on Jan. 11, 2015 for an Interior room at $349. Problem is Princess refuses to allow this sale at the price of $349, they say it only applies to a price of $459 or so. Princess customer service would not admit that this is false advertisement and deceptive.

Princess gets away with this kind of deceptive practice way too often.

It's not the money but I really am planning to start sailing with another cruise line than Princess because of this B.S..

1574664363_CruiseJan112015SALEsmall.jpg.6facd87f778328550a3b0bf4f5016722.jpg

994147739_CruiseJan112015SALE2small.jpg.a5afad9c3bbbae0dc245deee1da8694b.jpg

The attached screen shots clearly show a SALE consisting of up to $1200 savings, free champagne, and specialty dining and viewable details(attached) for the cruise shown on Jan. 11, 2015 for an Interior room at $349. Problem is Princess refuses to allow this sale at the price of $349, they say it only applies to a price of $459 or so. Princess customer service would not admit that this is false advertisement and deceptive.

It's not the money but I really am planning to start sailing with another cruise line than Princess because of this B.S..

Is nothing being offered at $349? Usually with type of ad the lowest price is for a guarantee.

I see things listed at 399...but nothing at 349, though I don't doubt what you saw (the pictures were too blurry for me to read), perhaps they have changed that.

I hope you decide to stick with Princess, but if you leave it's understood, can't say I blame you. Deceptive marketing practices is one of the bigger reasons I don't shop at certain stores.

Uh, I have one other question for you. Have you ever taken advantage of a price reduction after you booked your cruise, and they reduced the price?

Your answer doesn't lessen your right to feel cheated by deceptive marketing, I just wonder?

Finally got to look more closely at the pictures. The 349 price is for guests 3 & 4. I'm guessing in the same room, but maybe it's something different. If you are taking 4 folks on the cruise please let me know. So I can back you 100 percent!

Finally got to look more closely at the pictures. The 349 price is for guests 3 & 4. I'm guessing in the same room, but maybe it's something different. If you are taking 4 folks on the cruise please let me know. So I can back you 100 percent!

That is exactly what it is. For the 3rd & 4th passenger in the SAME cabin.:)

How is it deceptive if people are able to find the $349 cruise price? As with any promo from any source, you need to read the fine print. Somewhere, the price is there. You may not qualify but it'll be there. I get frustrated by promos like this because almost always, they're available only based on double occupancy; solo passengers don't qualify.

How is it deceptive if people are able to find the $349 cruise price? As with any promo from any source, you need to read the fine print. Somewhere, the price is there. You may not qualify but it'll be there. I get frustrated by promos like this because almost always, they're available only based on double occupancy; solo passengers don't qualify.

Deceptive because non of the Sale Perks apply at the advertised price of $349!

Deceptive because non of the Sale Perks apply at the advertised price of $349!

This is happening with me for a 10 day on the Royal in March. Logging in as past passenger, lowest price yesterday was $1099. Today it is $1099 but there is a sale sign next to it for the free champagne etc. My TA called and was told for the "free" perks the lowest price would be $1199. That price was not offered online (for us DIYs) and nowhere did it say the perks were not available with the lower price.

This also happened when I originally booked online expecting the advertised included pre-paid gratuities. Then was told they applied to the cabin I booked but I would have to pay $150 more pp. They said it automatically gave me a lower price instead, but again the sale sign was still there with the lower price.

Definitely deceptive and I told them so.

And sometimes the perks don't apply to certain other discounts or certain categories of cabins, you need to read all the fine print. When you find a line [or any retail type business for that matter] that doesn't use fine print [in it's ads] and doesn't put restrictions on what can be combined let us all know.

And sometimes the perks don't apply to certain other discounts or certain categories of cabins, you need to read all the fine print. When you find a line [or any retail type business for that matter] that doesn't use fine print [in it's ads] and doesn't put restrictions on what can be combined let us all know.

Read every word of the fine print and it was not there. Even Princess rep on phone agreed to that. What seems to be happening is that the perks are offered only at the non past passenger rates, even though they are advertised for all rates. Great way to reward past passengers!

I took a brief look (and I must italicize and underline brief), but didn't see much in the fine print regarding the free champagne and other benefits. It did mention that on the specialty restaurants that liquor wasn't included. It seemed to me that you should be able to get all the perks regardless of the price you booked at.

Even with that said, I am often tilting at windmills regarding some companies advertising practice. I figure if I can get an inexpensive price for a cruise, I'm all for it. But I also understand that it's tough if you are or even feel you are being cheated.

So you want to pay $349 for an Inside Cabin and get $1,200 in perks.

I have a bridge in Brooklyn that you might be interested in buying. ;)

That is not what the OP said or asked for. Clearly stated "up tp $1200 in SAVINGS--as in reduced fare--AND free champagne and specialty dining. They were told as I was that the fare would be $110 more to get the $110 worth of perks. Deceptive advertising when they show the perks along with the lower fare.

I'm not sure how much is deceptive intent, and how much is just sloppy work on the part of those maintaining Princess' website. I logged on today, and was showed some current "top picks" specials, including a cruise that sailed yesterday! This is not the first time this sort of thing has happened on their site :(.

Edited by Ryndam2002