Before I make an assumption......

KirkNC

Our TA in a few months will make us 4 star mariners :D, yea us :D. Our world cruise 2017 just opened to booking shore excursions and specialty dining. I believe if I go ahead and book Pinnacle and prepay, I will get our mariner credit onboard as a 4 star not a 3 star. Everyone agree?

Our TA in a few months will make us 4 star mariners :D, yea us :D. Our world cruise 2017 just opened to booking shore excursions and specialty dining. I believe if I go ahead and book Pinnacle and prepay, I will get our mariner credit onboard as a 4 star not a 3 star. Everyone agree?

Yep. As long as you are 4 star before you cruise. Congratulations on the World Cruise and 4*!

If you're a 3* now, and book now, you'll get the 3* discount. There won't be a rebate once you get the fourth star. Wait until that is achieved before booking.

Are you asking if you can get credit for the TA cruise before you take the cruise?

If you're a 3* now, and book now, you'll get the 3* discount. There won't be a rebate once you get the fourth star. Wait until that is achieved before booking.

....Am I mistaken in that the 4 star status benefits will not kick in until the cruise after achievement? So the OP will not receive 4 star benefits until after disembarking from the TA?

Joanie

Are you asking if you can get credit for the TA cruise before you take the cruise?

I think he is asking if he books an pays for the excursion/Pinnacle for the next cruise/world cruise in 2017 now, he will get 'cruise credits/points' or whatever to make him 4* before the TA cruise. And the answer would be no. You won't get the credits for onboard spending on the World Cruise until you have taken that cruise. EM

Sorry, a question is always clear to the asker but not always to those that answer, my bad. Let me try again. When you pre book a pinnacle dinner you prepay the entire amount and once onboard they credit your account for your mariner benefit. So my question is if I pre book today as a 3 star but at the time I am actually on the ship (Jan 2017) I am a 4 star which discount do I get, 25% or 50%. I am pretty sure it is 50%.

I agree. You pay full price for the Pinnacle dinner when you book ahead of time. Once you have the dinner (and present your 4-star card) you will be refunded half of the cost you originally paid as a credit on your on board account.:)

Sorry, a question is always clear to the asker but not always to those that answer, my bad. Let me try again. When you pre book a pinnacle dinner you prepay the entire amount and once onboard they credit your account for your mariner benefit. So my question is if I pre book today as a 3 star but at the time I am actually on the ship (Jan 2017) I am a 4 star which discount do I get, 25% or 50%. I am pretty sure it is 50%.

I sure hope so because I booked our PG dinners for our upcoming cruise. I'm a 3 star (3 days short of 4 star) but my DM who is cruising with me is a 4 star. I'm expecting to get the 50% discount because I should get the same benefits as she does once onboard.

The rebate is calculated once you're onboard, based on your Mariner level, and credited to your account. They use the Mariner level at sailing, not the Mariner level when you made the Pinnacle reservation.

....Am I mistaken in that the 4 star status benefits will not kick in until the cruise after achievement? So the OP will not receive 4 star benefits until after disembarking from the TA?

Joanie

The World Cruise *is* the cruise after he achieves 4 star.

I agree. You pay full price for the Pinnacle dinner when you book ahead of time. Once you have the dinner (and present your 4-star card) you will be refunded half of the cost you originally paid as a credit on your on board account.:)

Thanks, Vict0riann! I'm confused about the presentation of the 4 star card, though. I don't always present my ship card at the PG; I don't have to unless I have had a bar bill.

Okay -- I see that you have 2 cruises booked for 2016 before you take the 2017 world cruise. Right?

If those 2 cruises get you to 4 star status before you do the world cruise, yes -- you will get 50% of specialty restaurants once you are on the ship -- even for the pre-booked ones. In fact if you check your shipboard account in the first 3 or 4 days, you will see that you have already gotten the "Loyalty" discount even though you have not had all your specialty dinners. That is the way it has always worked for us.

Thanks, Vict0riann! I'm confused about the presentation of the 4 star card, though. I don't always present my ship card at the PG; I don't have to unless I have had a bar bill.

We have never had to present an ID card for dinners in the specialty restaurants.

The only time we have had to present an ID card is when we order drinks or a bottle of wine.

We have never had to present an ID card for dinners in the specialty restaurants.

The only time we have had to present an ID card is when we order drinks or a bottle of wine.

Right - I guess we have always ordered a bottle of wine or drinks!:D

So will you get just approx $10 off or $20 off your Pinnacle dinner is the question? :cool: Congrats on the four star - "free" laundry -- yes! But the best part are all the travel memories it took to get there.

Edited by OlsSalt

I'm interested to hear how you got the discount upon booking. Clearly all of us have been doing it wrong ;).

I'm interested to hear how you got the discount upon booking. Clearly all of us have been doing it wrong ;).

You don't get the discount until after you've boarded, and it shows on your onboard account. I'm almost sure you will get the applicable discount for your status at that time, but others may know for sure.

We've always had the discount applied once the cruise started. We were in a situation on the Noordam where we had to cancel a prepaid Pinnacle Grill reservation, and the discount was backed out, as was the original price paid. This is correct.

If you have achieved Four Star by the time you board for your WC, your Four Star benefits will apply for all reservations and bookings you made for that cruise in advance of boarding.

I have made a great many advance reservations for Pinnacle etc and though I paid full amount at the time of the reservations in advance of boarding, I never had any issue having the discount credited. It always happened automatically but, of course, you should check to verify that happens for your account.

Congratulations. You have some great cruising planned. :)

We have never been asked to show our ID card at any alternative restaurant on HAL. We only provide the card for drinks or wine.

So will you get just approx $10 off or $20 off your Pinnacle dinner is the question?

Since a Pinnacle dinner costs $29, and a 4* Mariner gets a 50% discount, the rebate on the full amount previously paid will be $14.50.