What drinks are available FoC?

Burgmeister

Hi

First time booked with Princess (Sapphire out of Southampton in 2018) so I was wondering what is available FoC on board.

We have cruised with RCCI a few times and they had tea/coffee and various juices and cordials available throughout the day as well as water. Does Princess do the same or similar?

Also, does Princess have a kettle in the cabin (as they do on NCL?).

Fore-warned is fore-armed and all that.

Thanks.

No kettles provided in cabins. You can order tea from room service (free, except for a tip to the delivery person.)

And Princess doesn't want passengers to bring electric appliances beyond things like hair dryers, curling irons (provided they are capable of shutting off automatically when no longer is use.), etc. I understand they might allow immersible (sp??) water heaters, but only if they shut themselves off automatically.

A friend brought along a fan for their cabin because they are used to sleeping with one blowing on them, and it was confiscated at embarkation, and returned to them at the end of the cruise.

Hi,tea is charged for at the IC but is free at the buffet.We try and get a cabin high up and at aft of ship as it is a bloody long walk with 2 cups of tea from the other end.We made that big mistake on the Coral,booking aft and not realising that on that ship the buffet is forward,lol,cheers,Brian.

Hi

First time booked with Princess (Sapphire out of Southampton in 2018) so I was wondering what is available FoC on board.

We have cruised with RCCI a few times and they had tea/coffee and various juices and cordials available throughout the day as well as water. Does Princess do the same or similar?

Also, does Princess have a kettle in the cabin (as they do on NCL?).

Fore-warned is fore-armed and all that.

Thanks.

Coffee and tea - self serve in the buffet all day and evening, in any DR and room service

Juices - for breakfast in buffet, DR and room service

Ice tea also in the buffet and DR's & room service

Lemonade for lunch

There is also the Captain's welcome party where different alcoholic drinks are served free of charge. If you want wine just ask the server.

Each person 21 and over may carry on at embarkation 1 x 750ml bottle of wine without charge for use in your cabin.

You can carry on as much non-alcoholic beverage as you like.

Thanks for the responses.

I was aware of the "bring on a bottle of wine" policy that must be consumed in your cabin (or pay a $15 corkage?). I wasn't aware that you could take on-board as much non-alcoholic beverage as you like. Probably wouldn't take much anyway as I pretty much exclusively drink tea but I do like the occasional cold drink. My daughter does like Coke but we try and limit her intake of that, even on holiday.

I'm not a fan of fizzy soda so I quite liked the "free" options on board RCCI.

Each person 21 and over may carry on at embarkation 1 x 750ml bottle of wine without charge for use in your cabin.

Sorry, just thought of another question regarding the carry on wine.

I know that you can bring on one bottle each (over 21) passenger for consumption in your own cabin only.

Its also clear that you can bring on more wine but that they are subject to a $15 corkage fee.

I am also aware that if you want to drink any of your own wine outside of your cabin then it is also subject to a $15 corkage fee.

What I'm unclear about is if you wanted to, say, bring on 2 bottles each and have 2 in your cabin and 2 in the restaurant (or elsewhere on the ship). Will 2 of the bottles be considered your "free" allowance and the other 2 have $15 each added? Or will all 4 have the $15 added? Or would the 2 "non-free" bottles have $15 each added to bring them on board and a further $15 added to take them out of your cabin?

I hope this makes sense!

Cheers

Sorry, just thought of another question regarding the carry on wine.

I know that you can bring on one bottle each (over 21) passenger for consumption in your own cabin only.

Its also clear that you can bring on more wine but that they are subject to a $15 corkage fee.

I am also aware that if you want to drink any of your own wine outside of your cabin then it is also subject to a $15 corkage fee.

What I'm unclear about is if you wanted to, say, bring on 2 bottles each and have 2 in your cabin and 2 in the restaurant (or elsewhere on the ship). Will 2 of the bottles be considered your "free" allowance and the other 2 have $15 each added? Or will all 4 have the $15 added? Or would the 2 "non-free" bottles have $15 each added to bring them on board and a further $15 added to take them out of your cabin?

I hope this makes sense!

Cheers

I think I understand your question and this is my understanding from reading prior posts (but not actual experience):

One (1) 750ml (or less) bottle of wine per passenger over 21 allowed with no corkage fee. The fee would likely be added if you took the bottle with you to a bar, dining room, or specialty restaurant. A sticker or stamp would be applied at the time the corkage fee is paid. If you poured a glass while in your room and took it to another location you would not be charged.

Additional bottles would be subject to a $15 corkage fee, regardless of where the bottle was consumed, but it would only be added once. The sticker/stamp would again be added at the time the corkage fee is paid to avoid you having to pay it again.

What I don't know is if at embarkation any corkage fees are paid in cash or if they are applied to your onboard account.

Thanks Pacruise, that makes sense.

As for the tea, I'm sure I'll cope with it being available at the buffet/DR - but thanks for the suggestion. I might have to get out first thing in the morning to bring one back to the cabin for the Mrs though!

We tend to order tea from room service the first morning, then keep the insulated carafe (by hiding it from our cabin steward in the closet shelves. This allows one of us (DH) to make a trip to refill it with hot water at our leisure, and we also keep some fresh mugs and tea bags in the room for our convenience.

We tend to order tea from room service the first morning, then keep the insulated carafe (by hiding it from our cabin steward in the closet shelves. This allows one of us (DH) to make a trip to refill it with hot water at our leisure, and we also keep some fresh mugs and tea bags in the room for our convenience.

There should be no need to hide the carafe from the cabin steward. Just let him know what it is for and ask him to leave it alone. Have done this before with no problems. Have even kept tea, individual coffee packets and sugar in the room with no problems.

You can also order cold milk with room service at breakfast time and then keep it in the fridge for later in the day.

Don't forget that there is also afternoon tea served in one of the MDRs most afternoons. ;) Served with the obligatory scones, jam and clotted cream! ;) Its free, but there is also a royal tea offering, but I've never attended that particular event as the traditional free version is good enough for me.

I'll be bringing some mint tea bags on my next cruise. On the Caribbean Princess last month they did not have any in the buffet or dining room. Since DH bought a new coffee card, I could get a mint tea bag at the coffee bar beside the International Café. The tea offered there is Mighty Leaf brand--an upscale brand that comes in a little silken pouch instead of a paper tea bag.