Are D+ still admitted to Concierge Lounge?

Please don't flame me for this question. I keep reading that the folks that travel in a Suite are "low Level" cruisers. How do you know?

Most people here say they don't discuss their status in the CL yet they know the status of those that travel in Suites?

What is the big difference in lounges? Do they treat you differently in the DL? Are the drinks free watered down or something? :confused:

I sent the following email to agoldstein@rccl.com:

Good Evening Mr. Goldstein,

My wife and I are Diamond Plus members of the Crown & Anchor Society. According to both the “Welcome to Diamond Plus” package that we received from Royal Caribbean International and the Crown and Anchor section of the Royal Caribbean website, the benefits of Diamond Plus membership include Concierge Lounge Access. Up to now, that has always been the case Diamond Plus members have been admitted to the Concierge Lounges. Nevertheless, we have been informed via Cruise Critic that there is a plaque at the Concierge Lounge (photo attached) that reads “Access to the CONCIERGE LOUNGE is Available for the Suite Guests with the Gold Color Cards and Pinnacle Guest only”. This is of concern to us because we have three future cruises already booked on the Enchantment. The Concierge Lounge on that ship is accessible via a ramp but there are a few stairs leading to the Diamond Lounge and my wife cannot walk stairs. Can you tell me whether this plaque is a mistake by the crew of the Enchantment or a mistake in the list of benefits?

Thank you very much for attending to this matter.

I think it is just John Denton, the Hotel Director, making changes. He had a similar setup on the Explorer. He prefers that the "top" lounge be reserved for suite and pinnacle guests only.
Is John Denton now HD for EN/ He was our HD on EX on 12-4-2015 and was very helpful about the problems we had. On EX, which only has a CL, the overflow for D+ was the card room and for Ps and Suite guests, it was Cloud 9 bar, where the DL is on FR class ships.

Is John Denton now HD for EN/ He was our HD on EX on 12-4-2015 and was very helpful about the problems we had. On EX, which only has a CL, the overflow for D+ was the card room and for Ps and Suite guests, it was Cloud 9 bar, where the DL is on FR class ships.

Yes, John just moved to EN about a week ago.

We just got off the Enchantment this morning and yes, there is a new policy ... we were the second cruise. The CL is now for Suite and Pinnacles only, saw the sign with my own eyes and I verified it with Carlington.

No, there were only 67 total (Pinnacles, Diamond Plus & Diamond)

The DL was very empty, every night ...

Was Felix the DL concierge? Do you know his last name? Did you get information on when either of the concierges were going on vacation? I am one of the folks who updates the GoodDoc Spreadsheet for Concierges paired with the Current Concierge thread. Thanks!

Interesting about EN, and odd that they'd arbitrarily change it on just one ship. Each time we've been on EN the CL was sparsely populated, especially after first seating dinner took up. They usually do an overflow section downstairs in the VCL which helps with that. No big deal I guess, the DL has all the same stuff.
Garth -- we have noticed the crowds thin out in the lounges when early seating begins. This is especially true during high season in central FL.

My wife and I are Diamond Plus members of the Crown & Anchor Society. According to both the “Welcome to Diamond Plus” package that we received from Royal Caribbean International and the Crown and Anchor section of the Royal Caribbean website, the benefits of Diamond Plus membership include Concierge Lounge Access. Up to now, that has always been the case Diamond Plus members have been admitted to the Concierge Lounges. Nevertheless, we have been informed via Cruise Critic that there is a plaque at the Concierge Lounge (photo attached) that reads “Access to the CONCIERGE LOUNGE is Available for the Suite Guests with the Gold Color Cards and Pinnacle Guest only”. This is of concern to us because we have three future cruises already booked on the Enchantment. The Concierge Lounge on that ship is accessible via a ramp but there are a few stairs leading to the Diamond Lounge and my wife cannot walk stairs. Can you tell me whether this plaque is a mistake by the crew of the Enchantment or a mistake in the list of benefits?

Excellent - Please let us know when you receive a response!

In case the restriction for d+ remains in place on the Enchantmnet! I believe there is a motorized lift to the diamond lounge.

Good luck

M

I called the crown & anchor D+ desk the other day to clarify this after reading various reports of denied access and was told the following.

Concierge lounge is a privilege that D+ members are entitled to and there is no intention, at least at this time, to change it.

The individual ships and concierge's are not allowed to enact their own policy in regards to this or any C&A benefits. If any guest encounters this and it cannot be resolved with the concierge, they should go to guest relations. If not resolved by guest relations, ask them to contact C&A.

Suite lounges are being implemented to help eliviate some of the animosity, that sometimes occurs between repeat passengers and suite guests, which are open to all gold card passengers.

The suite lounge and concierge lounge have been combined. There is no lounge between the Diamond lounge and the Suite (old Concierge Lounge). We are among the C&A members who were booted from the Concierge Lounge (a few year ago). And now we will be banned from the newly renamed from Concierge to Suite Lounge. This makes me very unhappy as we have planned our cruises to meet a certain level of perks.

The suite lounge and concierge lounge have been combined. There is no lounge between the Diamond lounge and the Suite (old Concierge Lounge). We are among the C&A members who were booted from the Concierge Lounge (a few year ago). And now we will be banned from the newly renamed from Concierge to Suite Lounge. This makes me very unhappy as we have planned our cruises to meet a certain level of perks.

That's not what I was told and not what I expierenced last month on Explorer. We had a suite lounge, concierge lounge and a diamond lounge which matched what the C&A D+ desk told me this week.

In case the restriction for d+ remains in place on the Enchantmnet! I believe there is a motorized lift to the diamond lounge.

Good luck

M

Correct.

So there goes THAT argument. ;) :D

IMHO you should have sent this email to Michael Bayley who is the new President and CEO of RCI.

Maybe this is our fault [emoji12]

When we became diamond, we were allowed in the CL a few cruises and then they booted us out...when we became diamond +, we have been allowed in the CL for a few cruises..I suppose it is now time to change the rules![emoji12]

Edited by Cruzin RN

IMHO you should have sent this email to Michael Bayley who is the new President and CEO of RCI.

lol, I thought the same thing. I guess it takes a while for news to get around.

Sigh! I'll be Diamond after my next cruise, but the way Royal is going with the price increases and perk cutbacks, I won't be getting any benefit for my loyalty over the years because I'll be sailing on other lines :rolleyes: :( :confused:

lol, I thought the same thing. I guess it takes a while for news to get around.

Sigh! I'll be Diamond after my next cruise, but the way Royal is going with the price increases and perk cutbacks, I won't be getting any benefit for my loyalty over the years because I'll be sailing on other lines :rolleyes: :( :confused:

Very true...perks are the thing that once set royal apart from other lines.

As D+, we've produced over $100,000 in revenue for Royal Caribbean. Do I think that "entitles" me to special place to sit for a while each evening and drink from a complimentary bottle of $5 wine. Why, yes, I do.

Over the years I have shopped at the same grocery store every week. I have spent well over $200,000. They have yet to offer me a place to sit for a while and drink a complimentary glass of wine. They never offer me a frequent shopper discount on my food. They have never sent an "amenity" to my home. Never even given me a crystal block. I guess I should start shopping elsewhere. Does your grocery store offer better perks?

Cruise Companies are a business. Cruising has afforded my family the opportunity to see the world. I have been places my parents could only read about in books. I have met people from all parts of the world and all walks of life. It has made priceless memories for our family. I am thankful every day of my life that I have been fortunate enough to be able to cruise. When the day comes that I no longer feel that I am getting what I am paying for, that is the day I quit cruising.

I agree that things have changed in the cruising world (things have changed at the grocery store too!). All in all I still feel we are getting our monies worth. I for one am appreciative of any perk I receive regardless of the name on the door of the room I receive them in.

your wrong on your "assumption". Sailed B2B the last two weeks on Serenade and had a total 11 and 9 pinnacles, and 29 and 27 D+ on the ship, hardly "too many" as you "factually" report....:rolleyes:

Comment deleted.

Edited by Sam.Seattle

Over the years I have shopped at the same grocery store every week. I have spent well over $200,000. They have yet to offer me a place to sit for a while and drink a complimentary glass of wine. They never offer me a frequent shopper discount on my food. They have never sent an "amenity" to my home. Never even given me a crystal block. I guess I should start shopping elsewhere. Does your grocery store offer better perks?

Cruise Companies are a business. Cruising has afforded my family the opportunity to see the world. I have been places my parents could only read about in books. I have met people from all parts of the world and all walks of life. It has made priceless memories for our family. I am thankful every day of my life that I have been fortunate enough to be able to cruise. When the day comes that I no longer feel that I am getting what I am paying for, that is the day I quit cruising.

I agree that things have changed in the cruising world (things have changed at the grocery store too!). All in all I still feel we are getting our monies worth. I for one am appreciative of any perk I receive regardless of the name on the door of the room I receive them in.

Well said

That's not what I was told and not what I expierenced last month on Explorer. We had a suite lounge, concierge lounge and a diamond lounge which matched what the C&A D+ desk told me this week.

I didn't think Explorer had a "proper" diamond lounge yet (with the 24 hour coffee etc etc), just the diamond event. I have heard that one will be added in the dry dock .

You do have a special place......the D and D+ lounge........and as a lot of business see it "what have you done for me lately?".....not the "$100,000" you spent in the past......

Not only have I spent over $100,000 in the past (and enjoyed every minute of it) but what I have done lately is booked 4 more cruises costing over $10,000

Over the years I have shopped at the same grocery store every week. I have spent well over $200,000.

Does your grocery store offer better perks?

Actually, mine does! The more we spend, the more £5 vouchers they give us. If a product is cheaper in another supermarket, they give us back the difference!

Pete

This thread is somewhat amusing . . everyone seems so concerned about where they will sit while still enjoying their complimentary cocktails - Really?

It seems to me the bigger picture is providing better suite amenities, an area where RCI completely misses the mark.