Take the offered upgrade?

azhikerchick

Just when I was trying to decide whether or not to still go on our cruise (time off, crazy at work, etc.), I received an email from Princess with an offer for a free upgrade.

We are booked in room B740. I chose that room because it is between 2 passenger decks and in the back of the boat, where I figured it would be quieter. The upgrade offer is for room D704, which is a mini suite. But, it is near the stairs and I worry about it being noisy.

Thoughts?:confused:

I would happily take the upgrade!!

The bigger shower is enough motivation for me! Especially if it's a free upgrade! Those are not even heard of anymore.:D

I too was worried on our last cruise because we were close to the elevators and stairs and we were not disturbed at all by either.

Enjoy your trip and enjoy your upgrade!

We've been by the stairs and have never experienced extra noise from them. The downside would be having a fully exposed balcony, though, with the mini suite. It's a great upgrade if you don't mind the lack of cover with the balcony.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

How did you manage to receive an email asking if you wanted the free upgrade? I'd love to be asked versus it being done 'automatically'. The only time we received a 'free' upgrade, they did it automatically and it was not a desirable cabin/location. Fortunately we were able to go back to our original cabin. Since then, we've always marked our reservation as 'No Upgrade' but explained to the TA that we'd like to be considered for one but not one without our approval. Needless to say, we've not received any since the first time.

Well...we turned it down. LOL

Come to find out that free upgrade wasn't so free. With the sale that just started, the same balcony I booked last month is now $320 pp cheaper. If I booked that mini suite now, it would still be less than what I had booked the balcony for. Plus, they confirmed that people would be able to look down into our balcony. No thanks. The whole reason we wanted that balcony was for a little privacy.

So, I rebooked the same balcony cabin and saved us $640. So glad I asked...and looked it up!!

Just when I was trying to decide whether or not to still go on our cruise (time off, crazy at work, etc.), I received an email from Princess with an offer for a free upgrade.

We are booked in room B740. I chose that room because it is between 2 passenger decks and in the back of the boat, where I figured it would be quieter. The upgrade offer is for room D704, which is a mini suite. But, it is near the stairs and I worry about it being noisy.

Thoughts?:confused:

Take the mini.....:):):)

Bob

Good for you! I was reading the thread from the start to see which ship you were on. Mini suites are good or bad depending on your cruising style. The cabin might be a bit bigger but the balcony is fully exposed. Not only can lots of people look down on you but there's no protection from the sun or rain making your bigger balcony far less usable. Also there's a bath and for some of us as we get older that's a hard climb into the shower.

This is weird.....there was a post above mine saying the OP had knocked back the upgrade???

Edited by wishfulone