I got the Upsell call. Deal or no deal?

Annietoo

I have an inside room booked on a 16 night cruise to Hawaii in September and paid a great price for this. Today Carnival called and offered me a balcony room for $50 per night more (not per person but total). Not just any balcony but an aft extended balcony for this price. I have never had an aft facing balcony. Deal or no deal?

I would pass. Not much to see out in the middle of the Pacific Ocean for most of the cruise. Hawaii is expensive so I'd rather use the money to do excursions. But that's me and we prefer the quiet, dark interior rooms. We did take a balcony for Alaska and that,was worth it. But there is beautiful scenery the entire cruise to view.

We had a balcony on our cruise to Hawaii. Everyone said "you have to have one". Well the weather was much cooler on there wasn't much to see so we were only out there a few times for the entire cruise. Hawaii on a cruise ship isn't like Alaska where you may have beautiful sights to view. I'd save the money and use it elsewhere :)

That's a great price for an aft extended balcony. Sitting out on your private balcony on sea days, watching the wake is wonderful. I would do it in a heartbeat. Love the aft balconies. I just paid $700 to go from an interior to a regular balcony on an 8 day cruise. (no aft's were available)

Waste of money you have basically all sea days but a couple you will be in port and never use. I remember what this cruise was going for almost doubling your cost is not worth it,

On a long cruise you will find plenty of things to do

You could ask what the cost is to switch to an oceanview.

That's my thought as well. I don't think I could deal with 16 nights in an inside.

I must be the only person on earth who gets sea sick with an aft view balcony. Never sea sick otherwise, but watching the wake while at sea just about did me in. So, I couldn't even be out there unless we were in port.

Hawaii is beautiful..the ocean is beautiful...The air outside is perfect there..the evenings to die for..the big blue stream behind you would be ideal most of the time..I would spend it if i could..My heaven I can not believe the "no scenery" opinion, if you have any action on the volcano you will be on your own private balcony. if you go around Kauai and Honolulu and Lahaina has more mtns than Kihei, Maui area but still topography to see there and mostly everywhere plus ocean sports, boats, rainbows. If you can afford it..probably a good deal better and far than booking that cabin outright if you got a great deal long ago.

My Lord i saw huge turtles from way up in a helicopter in Kauai and the Napili coast is STUNNING .

Hawaii photos...

http://www.hawaiipictures.com/

PLUS Optional sea life from ship Wow...eat on the balcony from lido..HEAVEN

Edited by sjn911

That's my thought as well. I don't think I could deal with 16 nights in an inside.

I must be the only person on earth who gets sea sick with an aft view balcony. Never sea sick otherwise, but watching the wake while at sea just about did me in. So, I couldn't even be out there unless we were in port.

No, you are not the only one that gets sea sick with an aft balcony. Never again! The only time I could enjoy it was in port, and then it was too hot to really stay out there any length of time. Also, didn't care for the lack of privacy. Everyone back there could see us, and we could see them.

Personal preference, but I would not do it.

I would pass. Not much to see out in the middle of the Pacific Ocean for most of the cruise. Hawaii is expensive so I'd rather use the money to do excursions. But that's me and we prefer the quiet, dark interior rooms. We did take a balcony for Alaska and that,was worth it. But there is beautiful scenery the entire cruise to view.

I would pay $50 a night to see water and sunshine over walls. The fresh air would be a bonus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone for helping with my decision. We took the deal and cannot wait to enjoy our aft facing cabin. Our overall price was still low for a 16 day balcony and appreciate that carnival called us as repeat customers. Apparently they needed to free up some sold out inside rooms. All ocean views sold out too. The rep said we could pick any balcony room and I noticed this extended aft view and needed your opinion. I know we will enjoy the fresh air and view and especially the Hawaiian Islands.