Raising charges again !!!!!!!!!

crystalaziza

O.K. I'm not one for complaining (much) but it has not been even 30 minutes that I've gotten an e-mail from NCL stating that they have raised their DSC AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!! Now up to a mini suite its 13.50 pp & $15.50 for any suite catagory. O.K. so again, that is still not that much of an increase, but it's still an increase. Twice in what...... less than 6 months. NCL your killing me !! You can stop it now!

Yeah so............... It kills me how some have to let you know exactly what is going on already and how many times it's been posted over & over & over. Gheeze ya get fried for everything on here. Funny I just got the e-mail & I've read all the threads & didn't even see it. Excuse me while I go clean my glasses & sit in time out for making a boo boo.

Yeah so............... It kills me how some have to let you know exactly what is going on already and how many times it's been posted over & over & over. Gheeze ya get fried for everything on here. Funny I just got the e-mail & I've read all the threads & didn't even see it. Excuse me while I go clean my glasses & sit in time out for making a boo boo.

Ignore it. I can't believe people still waste time posting the "it's already posted" nonsense :rolleyes:

I agree with you. NCL is over the top with all of the changes. Service better increase beyond anyone's expectations! We booked eons ago, so none of this is an issue for us ... but we have already looked into the next vacation after our upcoming cruises, and it's not with NCL!

Already posted in several threads.

Well I received my notice at 12:22 PM today. Perhaps vince is thinking of all the threads when the DSC went from $12 to $12.95 per day ... weird increase recently ... seems only a couple months ago as you have indicated.

Even so $12 to $13.5 is still hefty increase ... 12.5% along with service surcharges on beverage and services going from 15% to 18% ... that is a lot of nickel and dimes.

It's ok, just chill. I know it's frustrating, especially when it just seems to keep comin'. We're lucky too, we booked in Dec. 2013 and have a 25 day (b2b) coming up in Sept/Oct, just a couple of months away. We paid the previous amount of $12 so no increase for us. However, after this cruise, well, a nice warm spot for a few months will be our choice for next few years.

We'll see how things go after that.

. . .

. . .NCL is over the top with all of the changes. Service better increase beyond anyone's expectations! We booked eons ago, so none of this is an issue for us ... but we have already looked into the next vacation after our upcoming cruises, and it's not with NCL!

It seems NCL does not remember that we have other options!

I just received the email too. We are booked on BA in June 2016. They give the option to pre pay at the previous before July 31. Guess we'll be doing that *sighs*. We are also booked for the Escape January 2016. We booked that a few weeks before they raised the DSC the first time. We pre paid that as well [emoji52]

I just received the email too. We are booked on BA in June 2016. They give the option to pre pay at the previous before July 31. Guess we'll be doing that *sighs*. We are also booked for the Escape January 2016. We booked that a few weeks before they raised the DSC the first time. We pre paid that as well [emoji52]

Reread your email. My email says that I have until final payment to pay at the current rate. That is applicable to cruises booked before July 31, 2016 (that may be where you're getting that date).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Copy of the email I received today (July 16) for my October cruise:

Norwegian Cruise Line is adjusting its daily service charges, effective for all sailings that depart on or after August 1, 2015. The new rates are: $13.50 per person per day for any category up to a mini-suite stateroom $15.50 per person per day for any suite category Any guest that has made a booking by July 31, 2015 will have the option of prepaying their service charges at the current rate if done prior to the final payment due date. Guests with existing cruise reservations who have already pre-paid their service charges at the current rate will not be affected. Norwegian's daily service charges make it easy for guests to provide gratuities to key onboard staff who provide superior guest service during the cruise, including their room steward, restaurant servers and behind-the-scenes support staff. Guests who are sailing in Suite categories also receive the services of a concierge, butler and dedicated wait staff. Sincerely, Norwegian Cruise Line®

Yes, but, you must remember apparently it's the previous customers that Del Rio is wanting to get rid of. He can then fill those cabins with new customers that question nothing and simply pull out their wallets when told to. Seems he was very serious about wanting to turn NCL into another Oceania and is well on his way. Give the repeat passengers a few crumbs (UDP, UBP promos) and then simply charge out the wazoo to get rid of them. Problem solved.

The DH and I are fast approaching our tipping point. We have a Sept cruise as well as a Jan cruise which both included all four promos as we booked the Haven. While NCL's suite experience blows the other mainstream lines out of the water, it's just not gonna be worth it after these next two cruises. We got amazing deals on price but those are long gone. Our two cruises have done nothing but skyrocket in price. Both are now well over $1000 more per person for the same cabin than when we booked (which was in May).

Yes, but, you must remember apparently it's the previous customers that Del Rio is wanting to get rid of. He can then fill those cabins with new customers that question nothing and simply pull out their wallets when told to. Seems he was very serious about wanting to turn NCL into another Oceania and is well on his way. Give the repeat passengers a few crumbs (UDP, UBP promos) and then simply charge out the wazoo to get rid of them. Problem solved.

The DH and I are fast approaching our tipping point. We have a Sept cruise as well as a Jan cruise which both included all four promos as we booked the Haven. While NCL's suite experience blows the other mainstream lines out of the water, it's just not gonna be worth it after these next two cruises. We got amazing deals on price but those are long gone. Our two cruises have done nothing but skyrocket in price. Both are now well over $1000 more per person for the same cabin than when we booked (which was in May).

I didn't want rub salt in the wounds but you might be right - What better way to get rid of customers for who won't spend more than to raise prices and thus getting a 'better customer' in the process who doesn't mind paying more for comfort. And the mess up part is- the cabins will still be fill even if the current customers cancel their reservations now over the increases....

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Or before all the other lines do the same thing.

This is what is going to happen and all of the lines are going to end up making them mandatory, no removal and no reduction. It's just a matter of time.

BTW - IMO these increases are all a result of the stupid promos that they are offering.

Ignore it. I can't believe people still waste time posting the "it's already posted" nonsense :rolleyes:

I agree with you. NCL is over the top with all of the changes. Service better increase beyond anyone's expectations! We booked eons ago, so none of this is an issue for us ... but we have already looked into the next vacation after our upcoming cruises, and it's not with NCL!

Agree and have to admit that I'm rethinking my booked 2016 21 day B2B. The increased DSC will not be a problem for me but my anticipation for this cruise is dimming.

Agree, wonder how long it'll be before they're reminded.

Well, the poms poms are still waving out here :eek: - DW is still busy at work, wait till she hear about this. NCL need not to be reminded & meanwhile, also chucking those Oceania brochures into the round file (got at least 3 fancy mailings in the last 2 months) - we've multiple ones mailed to the extended household, what a waste. :rolleyes:

Not even going to be bothered with the details - the bigger picture is getting clearer & clearer under this new management - whether it's Andy or FDR, probably both & then some others ... whatever. :mad:

Cruising is discretionary & we - the consumers - got choices - obviously, we chose the NCL brand mostly for the past 15 years but it is NOT the only "game" in play here - there are plenty of options for us to consider.

Not going to prepaid anything ahead of time - we ain't "broke" to worry about these few dollars - but it's all about the principles of good faith & trust worthy, or not. When it's time for final payment or behind the penalty kicking in - we will decide to go ahead or not (including cancellations) - and there would be more cabins for newbies to book :D: - if there are bargains to be found.

Edited by mking8288

Reread your email. My email says that I have until final payment to pay at the current rate. That is applicable to cruises booked before July 31, 2016 (that may be where you're getting that date).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just reread the email. Thx. Still peeved about the increase icon9.gif

I didn't want rub salt in the wounds but you might be right - What better way to get rid of customers for who won't spend more than to raise prices and thus getting a 'better customer' in the process who doesn't mind paying more for comfort. And the mess up part is- the cabins will still be fill even if the current customers cancel their reservations now over the increases....

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Where is the more comfort, better food, improved services? The only thing has changed is the cost, not the quality.

These changes are absolutely ridiculous. You would have to be out of your mind to cruise with them. Hopefully this will really backfire on them.

Going to chat with DW today and see about canceling, to many changes since we booked, and no assurances more isn't coming.

Should have bolted during the no take away food silliness, even though they about faced on that, it left a bad taste.