Live from the Maasdam - March 28th Southern Caribbean

kazu

The Maasdam is outside my window beckoning - so it must be time to start my live thread:)

A lovely view from the Embassy Suites of the Zuidie and the Maasdam.

We had one hectic time getting here. A huge 'nor easter was barrelling into our little town in the Maritimes and scheduled to hit on the original day we were leaving (and hit it did) so we knew we had to get out of Dodge earlier. Even though we were leaving 2 days early it seemed unlikely we would get to FLL in time to make our ship.

So, we flew out the day before, overnighted in Toronto and then flew in to FLL on Wednesday. Air Canada managed to route one of our bags to the wrong place but fortunately they were able to locate it before it got on the plane to Calgary and an hour and 1/2 later we had all our bags. I just had to shake my head in wonder how anyone could lose a bag on the puddle hopper that we take to get to Toronto.

There were a few of us staying here at ES so I asked the manager if he could accommodate our group by saving us some seats. Once again he was wonderful and we had that little alcove reserved for our cruise critic friends.

For those wondering about the Embassy Suites' renovations, they are all done. We kind of like it as the tables are bigger and the chairs more comfortable in the general area. The buffet is better laid out and the space seems much larger.

There seem to be fewer plants in one section but the rest are there and not there are trees as well (orange trees I think) which have fruit on them.

For the first time, we had lunch with friends here at the hotel by the pool and it was very good.

In a few hours we will be on board the beautiful Maasdam. Internet permitting, we will try to report in on a regular basis.

Edited by kazu

Hi Jackie:

This is Rotterdamgal (Mary and Larry; I gave you the crown when we sailed the TA two years ago). Hope you and Jose have a lovely time. Please say "hi" to Afid and Kiki, MDR, late seating, table 44, if you can. Great gentlemen. We will watch your sail away today. Have a ball!!

Mary and Larry. XO

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You've earned this cruise, having to endure the winter in the Maritimes this year! We complain about the cold here on the frozen tundra, but we don't get 120cms of heavy wet snow in 2 days and howling winds like you do. I wish you a Bon Voyage and wonderful times making memories onboard the Maasdam.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Gerry

Watched the whole group of you sail out today, got a great look at our sail away addicts as you can see from the snap posted above by Vict0riann. Hope you all have a wonderful cruise and I'm looking forward to your live reports from the Maasdam.