What's your Carnival Cruise tradition?

We listen to Jimmy Buffet songs on the way to the port. Rain or shine, it gets us in the cruising mindset.

I've got a Jimmy Buffet mix on my iPod, and even better than listening to it on the way to the port is listening to it on the ship with Pina Colada in hand. That puts a great big smile on my face. (That's my tradition).;) How awesome would it be to have Jimmy Buffet playing live on the Lido deck for the sail away?!

Edited by beachbum53

I like to order a bottle of Champagne for all my friends rooms who are cruising with us. I have it delivered to each room upon embarkation. It's a great surprise!

We can drink it whenever...we've even been know to take it on deck and have Mimosa's in the morning!

I have a few traditions:

1) Right after the Muster Drill. I go to the Atrium Bar and get an iced cold beer on tap. Then I take it with me to view different sail away spots around the ship. This gets me geared up for the cruise.

2) During the cruise it is a tradition of mine to go to the steakhouse on the first night and probably one other night during the cruise.

3) I get the wine package and enjoy the different wines offered.

4) Also during the cruise I go to the art auction at least once.

5) On the last port day when we sail away, my tradition is to get a banana daiquiri at the pool bar and again enjoy various spots around the decks for the sail away. This gets me to think what I want to do for the rest of the cruise.:cool:

I get to my room and change into my suit. Get to the lido deck, get the DOTD and jump into the pool as fast as possible. I enjoy the rest of my drink then watch as we sail away!

^^ this^^ except we hit Waterworks ...always bring our suits and flip flops in our carry-on!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I try to watch the original Poseidon Adventure and Titanic before every cruise. :eek:

Seriously! :D

This actually sounds like fun. I feel like I remember the new Poseidon Adventure playing on the TV when we took our cruise two years ago, but perhaps I imagined it, lol.

We always order of bottle of champagne and some chocolate covered strawberries (the tuxedo ones) and have them waiting in the cabin. First thing is to get the champagne on ice and then get a couple of flutes from a bar.

After sail-a-way, we have a nice toast to an excellent, fun and safe trip!

Kim

I've got a Jimmy Buffet mix on my iPod, and even better than listening to it on the way to the port is listening to it on the ship with Pina Colada in hand. That puts a great big smile on my face. (That's my tradition).;) How awesome would it be to have Jimmy Buffet playing live on the Lido deck for the sail away?!

I have ove 150 JB songs on my tablet and with the tablet and my beats pill speaker on our balcony, it's great listening at sail away or for that matter ant time at sea.

1.) Starbucks on the way to sail away. 2.) We get back to the ship a little early from our first port of call, drink Champagne on our balcony and watch everyone coming back from their day of sun and fun. 3.) Eat Mexican food on the way home. Ready to get that Starbucks and head to Galveston in 17 days. Smooth Sailing to all!!!

Dh wears the same Hawaiian shirt on the first day of every cruise. I have a pastrami sandwich from the deli as the first meal. 2 DODs are also required! We also leave 2 days pre-cruise, as it's nice to get "off the rock" for a few days to acclimate before our cruise!

We are 2 women of a certain age - who bring our Funship Freddys along on our Carnival cruises. :D Actually, if we go on any other line, the Freddys are still coming along.

FreddyG_zps84c6eeea.jpg

IMG_0084_zps5f0f0b73.jpg

Since we don't live near each other, throughout the year we exchange photos of what our Freddys have been doing. Here is mine keeping me company on a business trip. :p

CAM00164_zps5015a95a.jpg

I can be a cynical pain normally, but I like your tradition best. It makes me smile! Thanks.

I get to my room and change into my suit. Get to the lido deck, get the DOTD and jump into the pool as fast as possible. I enjoy the rest of my drink then watch as we sail away!

Would that be a three piece suit with vest, or just jacket and pants? And is that with or without tie?

I have a pair of capris I where on the embarkation day. They have crazy , colorful , and tropical items all over. They go with with ever color you might want to wear with them. They are not loud, but look, ' Retro, " or maybe just tacky ! LOL Those along with a t shirt I had made, and I'm set to go.