Celebrity Cruises (official) - important

ghstudio

Please read:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=46255509&postcount=685

and reply in that thread.

Either you or Celebrity personnel on the ships are misinformed.....and this effects our personal financial decisions. I think we'd all like to see an immediate ACCURATE clarification...

Would have been much better for all if you would have just copied the post and paste it here. However, thanks for the info.

Would have been much better for all if you would have just copied the post and paste it here. However, thanks for the info.

I think the answer should be posted in that thread. If I posted the message here, we'd just have yet another thread on the same subject.

I think the answer should be posted in that thread. If I posted the message here, we'd just have yet another thread on the same subject.

There are so many of the increase on pkg, it is ridiculous. I suggested that they make it a Sticky. I know it takes time to do things. LOL

However, I will copy and post here. I don 't think this is in violation of the rules?

'Just on board Infinity in San Diego. I explained that because I received the Classic beverage package as part of 123 promotion, I only needed to pay $10 plus gratuity to upgrade to the premium package. The man at the Upgrade Table just smiled and pointed to a piece of paper. Said his instructions were dated today and that we had to pay $16, plus gratuity to upgrade, period.

I guess some ships haven't gotten the memo, or are getting wrong memo.

Will figure this out later, I guess. No time on embarkation day to have this hassle.'

Okay, are WE not over this already? Either upgrade the package before 20 April 2015 or pay the new fees if you want to upgrade.

Yes, it can affect many cruisers, then the other option would be to cancel your cruise and go with a cruise line which will provide you with the security you want from packages.

Were the cruise fares going up for those of us who have not done a final payment, then okay, we have a beef with Celebrity.

Yes, there was no real notice about this beforehand which is, at best, crappy, but none the less we have notice now and have to make a decision on how we wish to proceed. My cruise is not until 2016 and I will upgrade now. But I assure you that even if I chose not to upgrade now, I would be able to save enough money or have enough OBC to cover the increase.

I feel bad for those who purchased the Classic Package and now may want to upgrade, but those of us who received it as part of a 'deal' there should be no issues with paying a bit more for the Premium Package.

Do I wish to pay more? Heck NO! I want it so I will buy it now.

After all, I Am using my discretionary income to go on this cruise and will use it to have fun and make the most of it as I understood what the costs are and might be. Otherwise I could cancel and go on RCCL or some other such vessel type.

I do not stop shopping at my favourite grocery store because prices go up on my preferred products, I either look for a substitute or say, well they need to cover their costs and make a profit. There are other stores I can go to for cheaper, if that is what is important to me. Our basic contract with Celebrity is for cabins and meals, drinks not included are extra whatever the charge.

Thank you and I Am done with this for now. No more comments from me.

Okay, are WE not over this already? Either upgrade the package before 20 April 2015 or pay the new fees if you want to

I do not stop shopping at my favourite grocery store because prices go up on my preferred products, I either look for a substitute or say, well they need to cover their costs and make a profit. There are other stores I can go to for cheaper, if that is what is important to me. Our basic contract with Celebrity is for cabins and meals, drinks not included are extra whatever the charge.

No but I would stop shopping with them if they bold face lied to me.

It's not as easy for us to say just upgrade before the deadline. Canadians have a 28% exchange rate to add in the mix. Just wish this thing would get solved once and for all if it's $16 then fine, I'll cancel my $1,000 OBC and just pay it but make a freaking decision already and make sure the fleet has the info. :eek:

Okay, are WE not over this already? Either upgrade the package before 20 April 2015 or pay the new fees if you want to upgrade.

I guess I'd think about doing this...but Celebrity has someone who officially represents them here (and has been vetted by Cruise Critic). They stated very clearly, a number of times, that the upgrade will be $10+tips if you upgrade a classic drink perk on-board...at any time, not before 4/20...anytime. Either they are the spokesman for Celebrity or their ID should be closed down and/or clearly marked "unofficial" by cruise critic.

I think Celebrity is in the midst of a communications disaster...and I do think that "Celebrity Cruises" stated the real policy....but I think someone else in HQ is communicating different information to the ships.

So I'd like some official reassurance ... yes, again...that Celebrity Cruises is speaking officially and that the upgrade price will be $10 when I get on board on my next four cruises.

I don't think I"m alone in wanting the accurate information.......

Edited by ghstudio

Either they are the spokesman for Celebrity or their ID should be closed down and/or clearly marked "unofficial" by cruise critic.

Hi Ghstudio,

I know this question has been raised in the past, but our Community Manager has previously posted on this forum, and has confirmed that "Celebrity Cruises" is in fact the official Celebrity Cruises representative.

As for the other comments, I'm going to stay out of the debate for now, but I do hope the Celebrity representative will visit with us, and confirm (or update) the current status. Countless folks are booked under this situation, and I'm sure they would all like to know the current status on upgrading, so they'd know how to proceed.

With that said, I work in the corporate world in senior management... and it can be extremely challenging at times, to move at the speed that I like to work at - so I'd hope we show a bit of patience. Perhaps they are trying to obtain an answer for us ?

Hopefully, we'll be hearing from the Celebrity rep soon. I'd also like to say thanks very much to the Celebrity rep, for your efforts.

Edited by Host Andy

I guess I'd think about doing this...but Celebrity has someone who officially represents them here (and has been vetted by Cruise Critic). They stated very clearly, a number of times, that the upgrade will be $10+tips if you upgrade a classic drink perk on-board...at any time, not before 4/20...anytime. Either they are the spokesman for Celebrity or their ID should be closed down and/or clearly marked "unofficial" by cruise critic.

I think Celebrity is in the midst of a communications disaster...and I do think that "Celebrity Cruises" stated the real policy....but I think someone else in HQ is communicating different information to the ships.

So I'd like some official reassurance ... yes, again...that Celebrity Cruises is speaking officially and that the upgrade price will be $10 when I get on board on my next four cruises.

+1

Thank you for your post and for highlighting as a separate thread. I board Infinity in May and expect to be able to upgrade on the basis stated by their "official" poster ie $120 each. I wish to use OBC end of end of!

Yes, it can affect many cruisers, then the other option would be to cancel your cruise and go with a cruise line which will provide you with the security you want from packages.

Were the cruise fares going up for those of us who have not done a final payment, then okay, we have a beef with Celebrity.

Yes, there was no real notice about this beforehand which is, at best, crappy, but none the less we have notice now and have to make a decision on how we wish to proceed. My cruise is not until 2016 and I will upgrade now. But I assure you that even if I chose not to upgrade now, I would be able to save enough money or have enough OBC to cover the increase.

I feel bad for those who purchased the Classic Package and now may want to upgrade, but those of us who received it as part of a 'deal' there should be no issues with paying a bit more for the Premium Package.

Do I wish to pay more? Heck NO! I want it so I will buy it now.

After all, I Am using my discretionary income to go on this cruise and will use it to have fun and make the most of it as I understood what the costs are and might be. Otherwise I could cancel and go on RCCL or some other such vessel type.

Thank you and I Am done with this for now. No more comments from me.

Phew !

Yes to be absolutely sure of only a $10 per day upgrade to Premium (instead of $16 per day as is being reported by current cruisers), best to upgrade prior to April 20. The only problem there is that many including myself have OBC either given or bought, that was partly earmarked for Drink upgrade at $10 when onboard. In my case that OBC will be not needed if upgrading prior to April 20 ..

Please read:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=46255509&postcount=685

and reply in that thread.

Either you or Celebrity personnel on the ships are misinformed.....and this effects our personal financial decisions. I think we'd all like to see an immediate ACCURATE clarification...

Thanks ghstudio

I was just about to start a thread about this.

This is the very first post from Celebrity Cruises regarding increase...it states that increases take effect 4/6/15 on board ships....they gave us till 4/19/15 to pre-cruise at old rates.

Beginning on April 6, 2015 for all sailings beginning on or after that date, we will be raising most of our beverage package prices onboard. *From April 6, 2016 - April 19, 2015, our current prices will remain pre-cruise, thereby giving a "pre-cruise pricing advantage." *As of April 20, 2015, however, the pre-cruise prices will be raised to match the onboard prices.

Marc

Edited by Cruisin MarcnFran

This is the very first post from Celebrity Cruises regarding increase...it states that increases take effect 4/6/15 on board ships....they gave us till 4/19/15 to pre-cruise at old rates.

Beginning on April 6, 2015 for all sailings beginning on or after that date, we will be raising most of our beverage package prices onboard. *From April 6, 2016 - April 19, 2015, our current prices will remain pre-cruise, thereby giving a "pre-cruise pricing advantage." *As of April 20, 2015, however, the pre-cruise prices will be raised to match the onboard prices.

Marc

Hi all,

If you received a Classic Beverage Package as a result of 123go, Pick Your Perk, or any other offer – you will still be eligible to upgrade to the Premium Beverage Package for $10 per day (+18% gratuity) pre-cruise or onboard.

In addition, if you have purchased the Classic Beverage Package for $49, then when the new pricing goes into effect, the cost to upgrade to the Premium Beverage Package will be $16 per day (+18% gratuity) pre-cruise or onboard.

If you have any questions about this change, please feel free to call Celebrity at 1-844-418-6824.

And in post #286 they "clarified". :rolleyes:

Not everyone lives in America. In Scandinavia it is not possible to upgrade before boarding.

Hi all,

Apologies, but we are looking into this, and will resolve.

Thank you! I board in six days - and if need be will upgrade ahead of time (and lose out because of Canadian/U.S. $) but want to use my OBC to upgrade on ship (and hopefully not lose out because it is $16 not $10 to upgrade).

if you go to a bar when on the ship and ask to upgrade, how will they know you did not pay

surly they will only charge $10, since

The Classic package is a classic package and not $49

Not sure exactly what you are trying to say, but the problem is that it seems EVERYONE is being charged the higher price to upgrade on the ship.

Clearly, this is something that needs to be straightened out by Celebrity.

Thankfully, the Celebrity rep on here is working on the problem.

... go to the source. Apologies if someone has already come back with this answer earlier in the thread, but I thought I'd share my experience. Note our sail date with the perks package is January 2016.

Yesterday, I emailed concerns@celebrity.com about this issue.

Here's my email:

We booked a January 2016 Celebrity cruise on the Spring Into Savings promo that included a Classic Beverage package.

It is my understanding that we will pay $10 + 18% gratuity per person per day to upgrade onboard. Can you please confirm?

Here's their response (received within 12 hours, concise and to the point):

Concerns@celebrity.com

8:19 AM (29 minutes ago)

to me

Hi there,

We can confirm this. Thanks

While I recognize that this does not immediately alleviate issues with onboard staff, it does answer the question of whether or not people with the perk package pay $10 + grats, or $16 + grats.

Colour me happy with Celebrity's quick and clear response. :)

Edited by CanadianDee

Hi there,

Just a FYI: We are the same group that handles and responds using the "Concerns" email.

Awesome. I was extremely pleased with the quick turnaround on my email to you. Kudos.

I was about to email you a thank you, but I'll make it a more public one on this forum. :-)

Edited by CanadianDee

While I recognize that this does not immediately alleviate issues with onboard staff, it does answer the question of whether or not people with the perk package pay $10 + grats, or $16 + grats.

And there's the rub. I am confident that it is exactly as the Celebrity rep has posted on here. But there seems to have been a delay in passing this message on to all the ship personnel.