Upsell Fairy Called

vljpch

So here is the deal ... from a balcony to a suite for $500 total for a 7day eastern out of Miami. Is it worth it? It is our 28th wedding anniversary and it would be a nice surprise...

So what type of suite did the upsell fairy offer you?

Ocean suite:

Captain's suite:

Congratulations on your anniversary. Enjoy your cruise.

I wouldn't do it either for the price, but would counter also to see if they budge. $500 is a nice chunk of change to spend onboard, or as some have stated, could go towards another cruise. Happy Anniversary, and enjoy your cruise!!!:)

I just looked at the Ocean Suite youtube video from the other poster and the bathroom/dressing area is my favorite part. However, for $500 I think I'd be happy w/ just the balcony that you already have.

If you want the ocean suite, I'd counter at $300 if you plan to be in your room more because of the special celebration! ;)

I'd definitely consider how soon I'm cruising/vacationing again and see if even the $300 counter is worth it. If it is for you, then go for it. $500 is quite a lot, but as others have said, if it will MAKE the anniversary....

Happy Anniversary! We celebrated our 28th last August! :)

Would you have booked a suite in the first place if it had been offered for $500. more than your stateroom category? Personally, I find that compared with the suites on other major cruise lines, Carnival's are really nothing more than a glorified large balcony stateroom. The ones I've been in on Princess and Celebrity had a lot more to offer (and the one on Princess came as a free upgrade).