When do you unpack for a seven night or longer cruise?

HB Cruiser

You bring everything carry on?? Couldn't handle that! I thought luggage had to go through security looking for contraband!?

Where do you cruise from???

We've always had our carryons scanned.

The majority of our cruises we only take carryon. Usually unpack when we get into the cabn. Takes all of 10 minutes. If not, then we put load up the safe and are packed before going to bed.

For a short cruise (2 weeks or less) I unpack before going to bed the first night. Last cruise was 17 weeks and it took me longer. I did one the first night, one the second and then the third took me a few days because it was very rough.

Where do you cruise from???

We've always had our carryons scanned.

The majority of our cruises we only take carryon. Usually unpack when we get into the cabn. Takes all of 10 minutes. If not, then we put load up the safe and are packed before going to bed.

I guess I can't imagine just cruising with carry on! I wish I could learn to take less "stuff' but I just like choices!!

And regarding where we cruise from, we do Royal so I know our carry on gets scanned - it is just our carry on is so small!! My favorite place to cruise from was Cape Liberty which we drove to and took as much as we wanted!! Like I said, too much "stuff"!!

Another "as soon as we get our bags" person here. Hang stuff up (already on hangers in the bag), undies, etc. in ziploc bags (everything we need for one day in each bag) go in drawers. Toiletries, makeup, meds are in cosmetic bags - they just go in a drawer to be arranged a bit better later before we go to bed.

You bring everything carry on?? Couldn't handle that! I thought luggage had to go through security looking for contraband!?

Sometimes I uses a carry-on. Sometimes I use a larger rolling suitcase that I check on the flight. But I do not give my bags to the porter anymore. I just bring them on with me. They'll gladly lift the shield out of the way on the scanner to allow the larger bags through.

Ever since they refused to check my golf clubs, leaving me to lug them up to my room on my own, I said "forget it". I can handle carrying the bag myself, I no longer am willing to wait an indeterminate amount of time for it to be delivered. If they are going to make me lug golf clubs, I see no need to hand over a rolling suitcase!

Sometimes b and sometimes c

It doesn't take very long to get unpacked to be honest. Sometimes I'll do it before muster drill and sometimes, before I go to bed.

It's packing on the last day that's really a pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Ehpride

We get to ship early...Even if we have to sit there awhile, it's fun chatting with or just watching other excited passengers waiting to board.

After boarding we head for pool area on Caribbean cruises and grab a burger OR if weather isn't great, head for buffet since we always have a very light breakfast at hotel that morning...Always try to watch our diets before cruising since we usually eat/drink so much on cruises!

When rooms are ready, we drop off our carryon and do a walking tour of ship. Then return to hopefully find our luggage waiting and unpack before muster. DH has more patience so he does the hangups...I put other stuff in drawers, etc.

By then, it's time for sailaway party w/dancing, drinking, etc.

When do you unpack for a 7 night or longer cruise?

a) as soon as the luggage gets to your cabin

b) before dinner first night

c) after dinner or late first night

d) first full day of cruising.

e) we don't unpack, we work out of suitcases.

I always unpack as soon as possible to let the wrinkles fall out of our clothes but hate wasting time that first day. Just kinda curious.

Tim

Wasting time on the first day? It takes us less than 10 minutes.

As soon as the bags hit the door. I want the stuff put away and I want my vacation to start immediately.

However, when I get back home, another story entirely. I had to unpack one of my bags from our May cruise last month before leaving on another trip. :o

As soon as the luggage arrives (last few cruises it's been placed in the room before I got there). That way it's done and I can go into cruise mode. We travel light, so it takes 10 minutes or less.

When do you unpack for a 7 night or longer cruise?

b) before dinner first night

c) after dinner or late first night

d) first full day of cruising.

e) we don't unpack, we work out of suitcases.

I always unpack as soon as possible to let the wrinkles fall out of our clothes but hate wasting time that first day. Just kinda curious.

Tim

Usually takes about 10-15 minutes, and I'm off to have fun!

I'm a little OCD :rolleyes: so I say ASAP! I cannot relax until I'm unpacked. I clean the obviously germ-y areas (TV remote, phone, drawer handles, etc.), which is more for my piece of mind, probably, than actual thorough cleaning, then unpack the clothes and toiletries. After 9 years of marriage and lots of travel DH has learned to just get out of my way and let me go to it! I've gotten really good at it and I'm usually done with cleaning and unpacking in 15-20 minutes.