Printed luggage tags

cwtravel

It has been about 10 years since I last cruised HAL. Are printed luggage tags still available through HAL or just the you print/attach with a stapler option?

Thanks!

Print and staple. I spotted these luggage tags on Amazon made specifically for the print-yourself tags. They are everything they're advertised to be: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017BVFA00/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Have you searched the general product description? I'd be surprised if you won't find comparable stuff, regardless of where you live.

Similar on amazon.ca but not comparable. The ones on amazon.com are better. I'll just stick to laminating ours (dollar store minimal purchase) and attaching ;).

One thing I found out last month when trying to print out our tags. Chrome and Edge browsers do not work - I had to use IE. You would think that HAL would allow it to work with all the major browsers.

That is strange. I have used Chrome for several years now and have always been able to print my HAL luggage tags without any problems.

One thing I found out last month when trying to print out our tags. Chrome and Edge browsers do not work - I had to use IE. You would think that HAL would allow it to work with all the major browsers.

Thanks for the computer tip. I would have been very frustrated trying to print them in Chrome...will do IE like you suggested.:)

Hmm. That's odd. I use Chrome and have never had any issue printing out the tags. Maybe it's something to do with your ISP?

I actually had to do online chatting to try to print my boarding pass and that's what I was told, also. IE only -- that was in May this year. And that "sometimes" other browsers would work, but not always. Yippee for technology :rolleyes:

I never use holders. I just bring scotch tape with me and put them on before I head to the port . Never lost one and it got to my cabin just fine. You could print out two per case and tape them on two different places on each piece of luggage if worried about them being pulled off.

I bought a few tag holders from HAL a few years back probably before the Alaska cruise, The worked great but they are a little worn now after 2 cruises. I am hoping these I bought from Amazon work well too. I was always scared of attaching a paper tag with tape or staples. Even in the old days when they gave you tags, they had that thin "rubber band" thing and I never trusted it. I got them laminated for a few dollars and attached with a piece of plastic loop cord (don't remember what you call them). Anyway, always was scared of losing the tags on my luggage....wanted to make sure they got delivered. Even so, I had a bag "late" and the cabin steward found it. The crew is so wonderfully helpful about getting your bags to your stateroom.

I had trouble printing mine from my reservation page. When I went to my 'documents' page for the particular cruise [even though not checked in] they printed without a pause.

That might be something to try.

Thank you for the suggestion to try to print via the documents page, I can't print from the reservation page.

Thank you for the suggestion to try to print via the documents page, I can't print from the reservation page.

A successful outcome is always nice to at least suggest.

My reservation page kept telling there was more than one pdf page open, so it could not complete the request. I'd never had any trouble before, so I tried from document page. No problem at all, just started printing like normal.