Difference between Classic and Premium Drink Packages

1025cruise

Hello. I'm contemplating my first cruise on Celebrity, and plan to book this week to take advantage of the Get Better/Best promotion.

One of the options is the Classic Drink Package. By going with the Best promotion, you get upgraded to the Premium package.

With that being said, I've read the descriptions on the website as to the differences, but am looking for a realistic explanation.

As a background, I'm not a huge drinker, but might be more inclined to try something new if I'm not worried about paying for it.

So, can anyone give some decent examples as to the differences of what's included between the packages so I can determine if the cost difference between the promotions is worth it?

If it makes a difference, the ship I'm looking at is the Equinox.

Thanks.

Currently on Constellation and will post below the latest comparison. Main change that was implemented is now Classic only pays difference of limit and prices where in the past you paid full price for drinks over limit.

70eed4e7662abd66f3e4b62da5ae0a98.jpg

1d864e321dda5788837903b3152c13fd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Currently on Constellation and will post below the latest comparison. Main change that was implemented is now Classic only pays difference of limit and prices where in the past you paid full price for drinks over limit.

This is the clearest and most current list here. Would you start a new thread so it POPS out for those looking for this comparison?

Thanks for sharing:D

We are just off the Reflection yesterday. We had the Classic Package and got all the sodas (can and fountain), Seltzer water, bottled water, Specialty coffee's, Beer (all kinds the normal and specialty), Mixed Drinks, Martinis and Daquari's we wanted with no problem at all. If you order something that wasn't on the classic package they would say it's going to be a dollar more. They always told you if it cost more and always gave you a similar option. Never pushed you to upgrade to the next package. There was bartenders walking around and you could wave at them and they were pronto in getting your drinks. At dinner the bartender would come to your table and get your drink orders and pretty much got whatever we wanted. They never hassled you. It was great!

With the classic package you can order mixed drinks and wines that are up to $9 per glass.

The premium package is $13 per glass and gives you top shelf liquor, more wine choices, craft beers, and premium waters.

In the past if you ordered a drink over the limit on the classic package you had to pay for the entire drink plus tax and gratuity, whereas with the premium package it was just the difference plus tax and gratuity.

This apparently has changed over the past month or so.

You can now just pay the difference even with the classic plan.

The only place you would have to probably deal with this would be in the martini bar, where almost all martinis are covered under the premium package, not the classic, so you would be paying the difference on pretty much everything. Also sometimes specialty drinks in venues could exceed the classic package cost.

The cost to go from classic to premium is $11.80 per day (which is less then the cost of one martini)

Here is a link to Celebrity's PDF with the difference in the packages:

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/media/celebrity/shared_assets/pdf/Classic-Premium-Bev-Pckgs.pdf

So, I'm new to Celebrity and new to having the Classic drink package.

When I order a drink at the bar do I have to state that I have a certain package and want to stay within the pa lags so I don't pay the difference ?

And, can I order for both my wife and myself, we both have the same drink package, thanx.

With the classic package you can order mixed drinks and wines that are up to $9 per glass.

The premium package is $13 per glass and gives you top shelf liquor, more wine choices, craft beers, and premium waters.

In the past if you ordered a drink over the limit on the classic package you had to pay for the entire drink plus tax and gratuity, whereas with the premium package it was just the difference plus tax and gratuity.

This apparently has changed over the past month or so.

You can now just pay the difference even with the classic plan.

The only place you would have to probably deal with this would be in the martini bar, where almost all martinis are covered under the premium package, not the classic, so you would be paying the difference on pretty much everything. Also sometimes specialty drinks in venues could exceed the classic package cost.

The cost to go from classic to premium is $11.80 per day (which is less then the cost of one martini)

Here is a link to Celebrity's PDF with the difference in the packages:

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/media/celebrity/shared_assets/pdf/Classic-Premium-Bev-Pckgs.pdf

Apparently, per your link, Celebrity's website has still not been updated to show that the Classic does included can sodas

So, I'm new to Celebrity and new to having the Classic drink package.

When I order a drink at the bar do I have to state that I have a certain package and want to stay within the pa lags so I don't pay the difference ?

And, can I order for both my wife and myself, we both have the same drink package, thanx.

You don't have to state you have the Classic Package, your card lets them know. You can order for you and your wife as long as you have both seapass cards. When you order a drink, ask if it's covered by the Classic Package.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the information everyone. So it sounds like in my case I can stick with the Classic. I don't really need the internet access (while nice to have, I go on a ship to disconnect), so it doesn't sound like the extra money is worth it to me.

I have never had a drinks package before so please excuse me if this is a silly question. I sometimes enjoy a glass of sherry or port. Also a drink I enjoy is Martini Rosso with dry ginger. Nothing on the pages shown mentions these so does that mean they are not available at all on the drinks package or that I have to pay the extra cost over $9.

While the ability to pay just the difference in price for drinks that are over the limit is a plus, it hardly makes up for the number of drinks that have had their prices raised above the Classic ceiling.

In the past, the Cocktail Special of the Day and the Daily Grind coffee were covered by the Classic. Is this still the case?

While the ability to pay just the difference in price for drinks that are over the limit is a plus, it hardly makes up for the number of drinks that have had their prices raised above the Classic ceiling.

In the past, the Cocktail Special of the Day and the Daily Grind coffee were covered by the Classic. Is this still the case?

The daily grind and drink of the day were only suggested drinks to drink that day. There weren't discounted and were regular price. If the regular price was within the limit of the classic package then it was included. Other cruise lines would have them as daily specials with discounted prices but on the 16 Celebrity cruises that I have been on they never were.

Those happy hour drinks that were 50% off in the Martini Bar weren't covered either even though they were under the limit at 50% off. If you and the classic you had to pay the 50% off price and it stated that on the menu.

Drink up 🍹🍸🍺🍷🥂

Thank you for posting these pictures. I'm guessing it depends on which ship you are on as to what cocktails are included for the Classic Package. Someone posted the following list of cocktails included for the Classic Package on another thread. I bolded the drinks listed in the above picture.

Amsterdam Collins, Asian AppleLimeade, Between The Lines, Bon Voyage,Amaretto Sour, Americano, Bahama Mama, Between The Sheets, Black Russian, Bloody Mary, Brandy Alexander, CapeCod, Frozen Daiquiris, GimletFizz, Golden Cadillac, Grey Hound, HarveyWallbanger, Kamikaze, Mai Tai, Manhattan, Margarita, Grasshopper, Mojito, Martinis, Melon Ball, Mimosa, Mudslide, Negroni, Old Fashioned, Pinacolada, Pink Lady, Planters Punch, Rum Punch, Rum Runner, Salty Dog, ScrewDriver, Sea Breeze, Side Car,Sloe Gin Fizz, Tequila Sunrise, Vodka Sour, Sweet Tea Lemonade, Long Island Iced Tea, Madras, Caipirinha,Captains Mai Tai, Citrus Mojito, Dark & Stormy, Frozen Daiqiri.

I have a question about specialty coffees on the Classic drink package. It says you can only have them at Al Baco. I know the last time we were on the Summit (2015) I was able to get a cappuccino brought to Blu (from Al Baco) with breakfast. Has anyone had any experience with this ?

True, but it has not been further updated to show that - as stated by current cruisers - it does NOW include canned soda. So typical Celebrity communication issues!

I wasn't getting that it is now included-- I got that as poor communication to the bartenders that it's not-- it hasn't been included in all cases.

Actually, it HAS been updated to show that it no longer includes canned soda.

This is soooo confusing. The photos on this post clearly states that canned sodas ARE included in the Classic Package and that the Standard Package have fountain sodas. That would make more sense.

This is soooo confusing. The photos on this post clearly states that canned sodas ARE included in the Classic Package and that the Standard Package have fountain sodas. That would make more sense.

And recent posting on various threads state that they have received cans on the Classic package

• 9 months later...

I just posted about clarification about paying the difference or paying the full amount when you go over the $9 limit on the classic package. I am seeing her you just pay the difference. However, I just hung up with the Celebrity representative that told me we would have to pay full price for anything over the $9.