Crown Princess reviews

RMac713

I am looking at a 5 day Crown Princess next March to Grand Turk and Amber cove. I would be booking a club class mini-suite. It is comparable to a couple of other cruises I am considering, but the Crown reviews are usually bad. How is the Crown looking recently? And are there any drydocks scheduled?

I am looking at a 5 day Crown Princess next March to Grand Turk and Amber cove. I would be booking a club class mini-suite. It is comparable to a couple of other cruises I am considering' date=' but the Crown reviews are usually bad. How is the Crown looking recently? And are there any drydocks scheduled?[/quote']

Just off the Crown in March. It looked in good shape. We did not have any issues. It was just in dry dock about 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Have only cruised Crown once but we enjoyed it a lot. I think there will always be bad reviews of any ship but there will likely be more good reviews. It's just that the people who complain are more likely to post about it.

Just off the Crown in March. It looked in good shape. We did not have any issues. It was just in dry dock about 2 or 3 weeks ago.

I was on the South America repositioning cruise in March. Crown's shape is just OK. I saw no major flaws, though there were other food and staffing issues.

It seems Crown has been sailing solid since her arrival in Fort Lauderdale. No dry dock for Crown until maybe sometime in 2018 (schedule not yet out) according to passenger services (I asked) I do think she is already overdue.

I found a 2017 drydock schedule.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=521#princess

Ship: Caribbean Princess

Dates: March 2017

Details: Not available at this time.

Ship: Diamond Princess

Dates: March 2017

Ship: Regal Princess

Dates: April 2017

Ship: Dawn Princess

Dates: May 2017

Details: Dawn Princess will leave the Princess Cruises fleet and join P&O in Australia, to be renamed Pacific Explorer, with new bars, restaurants and a supper club, two waterslides, a waterpark, and a barefoot bowls green on the top deck.

Stop looking at those reviews. People who post them, for the most part, have an axe to grind. The Crown is wonderful!

I was on the Crown for a week in August, and had a fantastic time. Were there small problems like clogged toilets, faded veneer, a dish I didn't care for? Of course. But overall, it was a fine ship with a great staff and lots of good food (and we never stepped into a specialty restaurant).

I just sailed on the Crown in March and had the time of my life! The ship was beautiful and in great shape, service was outstanding, and the food in the main dining room exceeded expectations! I went to the same ports you are looking at too and had a blast on excursions. I highly, highly recommend the Crown and will definitely be booking another cruise on it again in the future!

I too just got off her April 8th - No major problems at all, hardly any minor ones for that matter, lol.

I did have issue with the quality of a couple of the entrees in the dining room, but put that down to bad luck.

I wouldn't hesitate to book the Crown again.

Stop looking at those reviews. People who post them, for the most part, have an axe to grind. The Crown is wonderful!

We were on the Crown in March. Although my ax to grind was the Crown Grill, which I thought was terrible, I would do the Crown again in a heartbeat. Have a good time.

We enjoy Adagio. Nice and quiet. Seems like a lot of folks didn't even know it was there. Give it a try. Deck 16 Aft - right across from Sabatini's. There is a small viewing deck right behind the venue.

Stop looking at those reviews. People who post them, for the most part, have an axe to grind.

I 100% agree with this statement! OP, please stop looking at these Crown Princess reviews. They are all written by very bitter people who, for one reason or another, feel compelled to bring the rest of us cruisers down. Just read the brochures Princess provides instead...

We are on the Crown Princess in two weeks, we are doing a B2B on her and really looking forward to it. We were on her to North America and then the Caribbean in 2009 with four friends and we had a fantastic time For the Caribbean cruise we had adjoining balconies at the aft...fabulous! the last time we were on was 2013 in the med again with friends. We enjoyed the Crown grill then so I am hoping that it will be as good this time....fingers crossed. No doubt there will be cutbacks somewhere but I think the ship is so good that it won't affect the holiday.......a cruise is what you make of it!

I think this comment is very disrespectful to the people who take time to write reviews. I, for one, am interested in hearing both the positive and negative of people's experiences, and I absolutely have not come away with the impression that recent reviewers of the Crown had an axe to grind. We are sailing on her next year, and I am looking forward to it.

I am looking at a 5 day Crown Princess next March to Grand Turk and Amber cove. I would be booking a club class mini-suite. It is comparable to a couple of other cruises I am considering' date=' but the Crown reviews are usually bad. How is the Crown looking recently? And are there any drydocks scheduled?[/quote']

Rock'n Robin - we sailed this exact itinerary just in March, on Crown. We had a mini suite also.

She was fantastic, our time on board was relaxing and although I can't speak for drydocks or what she'll look like next March, she was luxurious and lovely only recently.

Enjoy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We sailed on the Crown last month boarding in Buenos Aires, arrived in Port Everglades, stayed on the ship and did the 5 day cruise to the DR and GT. We had no problem with the ship. During the repositioning cruise they replaced the carpet on the lido deck next to the pools. Maintenance on the ship is an ongoing experience with things being replaced all the time and not waiting for the drydock. So by next year they will have replaced many areas on the ship so bear this in mind as you read the comments.

I 100% agree with this statement! OP, please stop looking at these Crown Princess reviews. They are all written by very bitter people who, for one reason or another, feel compelled to bring the rest of us cruisers down. Just read the brochures Princess provides instead...

Really! Cruise critic is a websites for sharing. Not everyone with a critical observation is bitter. Quite the contrary. Take ALL reviews with a grain of salt (Good and bad), Get the information you need to decide, and decide for yourself. I would verify all reviews with the reviews of others on the same subject. DO NOT stick your head in the sand. I did not like one part of my cruise on the Crown Princess and stated it here. I would, However, go back on the Crown Princess in a heartbeat. Planning to go on the Golden Princess Next August.

We've just finished the 2 week TA and had a great time, the ship is lovely. We had a mini suite and really appreciated the extra space, well worth it.

During the cruise they replaced ALL the carpets on the rear and mid stairwells including all the lobby's and they looked great.

Really! Cruise critic is a websites for sharing. Not everyone with a critical observation is bitter.

I agree,

yags, we were at the CG on a different day. Wile you were there on a Monday, we were there on Friday, Mar 31. We decided to cancel our other reservation the following week.