Princess Élite questions ?

nimiq

Hello all,

We will finally be joining the Elite members on our next cruise in August. I would like to know if anyone has pictures of the Deluxe Canapés that are delivered to the cabin on formal nights and also pictures of the afternoon tea in the stateroom as well.

Thank you

Sea ya

Eric

Hello all,

We will finally be joining the Elite members on our next cruise in August. I would like to know if anyone has pictures of the Deluxe Canapés that are delivered to the cabin on formal nights and also pictures of the afternoon tea in the stateroom as well.

Thank you

Sea ya

Eric

Congrats on qualifying for the elite level benefits. :)

I don't have photos of these options but only had the afternoon tea once (too much food before early dinner! :p) and now that the latest formal night "Deluxe Canapés" have eliminated the only option we enjoyed (chocolate covered strawberries) we no longer request the canapés.

That's merely our preference & hope that you'll enjoy the remaining options and here are the ones on the current "Feb 2015" order form we received in April on the Regal.

Smoked Salmon, Mascarpone Cheese & Golden Caviar

Poached Cocktail Prawn on a Sesame Crouton

Grissini Wrapped with Cured Parma Ham

Genoa Salami Stuffed with Deviled Egg

You can choose 6 pieces to be delivered to your cabin on formal night between 4:00 pm & 10 pm and the form is suppose to be hung on your cabin door by 10:00 the night before.

Congrats on qualifying for the elite level benefits. :)

I don't have photos of these options but only had the afternoon tea once (too much food before early dinner! :p) and now that the latest formal night "Deluxe Canapés" have eliminated the only option we enjoyed (chocolate covered strawberries) we no longer request the canapés.

That's merely our preference & hope that you'll enjoy the remaining options and here are the ones on the current "Feb 2015" order form we received in April on the Regal.

You can choose 6 pieces to be delivered to your cabin on formal night between 4:00 pm & 10 pm and the form is suppose to be hung on your cabin door by 10:00 the night before.

Same here, only ever ordered the strawberries and now they are gone don't order :(

Sent from my iPhone

When did they eliminate the chocolate covered strawberries? :( We had them on both of our cruises this year (Feb and March).

The form I have dated "Feb 2015" was used on the Regal Princess in late April but some have reported still getting an older order form on other ships.

Maybe it's just a matter of time until all of the ships use this current form.

Elite canapes.pdf

Edited by Astro Flyer

The canapés were nothing to write home about. Much better to go to the elite cocktail party. The tea served in the room was wonderful. Only problem was that there was way too much of it. We ate half of what they brought and didn't eat dinner that night or breakfast the next morning. We got sandwiches, scones, clotted cream, jam and cookies.

I am pretty sure that the chocolate dipped strawberries were available on the Ruby in January but I am not a big fan of them with my vodka. As for the canopies there not the greatest but its kind of a nice perk and I try not to look a gift horse in the mouth.

They were suite perks (I'm sure Elite too) on my cruise in mid February. How disappointing. I loved the milk chocolate ones. If I "write in" my request, will they charge me for it? I agree, the other stuff isn't worth it.

I couldn't give it away at our Sail Away gatherings.

They were suite perks (I'm sure Elite too) on my cruise in mid February. How disappointing. I loved the milk chocolate ones. If I "write in" my request, will they charge me for it? I agree, the other stuff isn't worth it.

Word is that it is just removed from the elite list, not from the suite list of what can be ordered.

Word is that it is just removed from the elite list, not from the suite list of what can be ordered.

I hope this is only temporary. I will miss the strawberries on my next cruise.

Why would they do that? This is a rhetorical question. I already know the answer.

They had the chocolate strawberries on the order form earlier this year on the CB but when we checked the box they would constantly send a substitute. When we called them about it we never did get a straight answer.

They can keep all the other items- they're not worth the trouble.

When did they eliminate the chocolate covered strawberries? :( We had them on both of our cruises this year (Feb and March).

Aboard the Coral in April of this year we never put out the order card. We still received the canapés delivered on embarkation afternoon and the chocolate strawberries delivered on formal nights.

We are Elite level Captains Circle members but maybe we got these delivered because we were in a suite.

My problem with ordering the canapes is that they did not come on time. They got delivered sometime after we had left for dinner. I ended up throwing out everything except the chocolate-covered strawberries since I did not know how long it had been sitting out.

WOW !!

Thanks for all the response on these two small questions :-)

I would of opted for the strawberries as well but I guess will have to do with the canapés.

I just went on Twitter and ask them the question why they have removed a so popular item of the list and still waiting for an answer. You should all do the same on FB or twitter we got to let them know if unhappy of the deaccession. Look at how quick NCL was to the reaction about not brining your food back to your cabin.

sea ya

Eric

We had strawberries on the form on the Ruby in February and until we left on March 21. Then on the Royal from April 25 on, no chocolate covered strawberries. I'd love to hear how they explain this away. It's all about the cost involved and we all know it. They're hoping we just don't request a canape, and it seems to be working.

It changed on the Ruby in March. We were on March 21 cruise and it was there on the form. Stayed on for March 28th, and form didn't have them. We wrote the strawberries on the form and we received it.

That's interesting. We had strawberries on the Feb 10 Crown cruise and they were still on our order form in the March 28 Ruby cruise. :confused: Guess we got an old order form.:rolleyes:

Of the above listed are there any you like?

We have a friend who loves the Genoa Salami Stuffed with Egg.

Always orders rather than the strawberries back when we could order them.

LuLu